Author Topic: The Wall, take [2], Killstealer edition - The OOC Discussion  (Read 25808 times)

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
The Wall, take [2], Killstealer edition - The OOC Discussion
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:17:27 am »
Okie, there were a lot of OOC discussion about the turn structure of the game. Normally I would have you guys research this but I don't want you guys too confused. The original idea was to follow the turn structure of The Wall[v1]

This went (roughly), everyone plays turn and then at the end of the week the turns are totted up and played out in order of being received. (The order you guy post is the init order) Including the KS, which my aGM will do when he is able.

Part of why I picked EoT being a week is the amount of calculation that happen and the size of the post required to cover everything. I can see this taking an hour or two to do, at least. Also, I wanted to give those who aren't really active in the forum a chance to play as well. There's a few exceptions to this structure, LOOK is a free action, and as Keon asked, you can use it as many times as you want.. within a reasonable limit.  As in you, can't look at something there's no reasonable way of seeing and it's not possible to see everything in between actions.

As about the research, Research is something I enviously as a way of letting you guys see the rules..  if you wanted to, it's very powerful, I planned to allow you to see everything with it, providing you pick the right topic. Such as, game rules, item research that give bonuses back for when building the item,  moon phases, the Killstealer weapon, GM motivation, stats of an item. It's kinda powerful considering what the characters could in theory do with it so just to balance it out a little, I set it as an action

This system has been built from the ground up and new for this Wall[v2] and obviously untested and I would love to hear feedback after a bit. It does seem that the Turn structure could have been more clear to start for next time but here guys go!

Any questions?

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall, take [2], Killstealer edition - The OOC Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:45:58 am »
Wait. The killstealer has a turn? That big thing with guns has a turn?!?!?

So I assume he hits everyone lightly like the wall, then aGM does a action of his choice?

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:53:17 am »
The answer to that is.. no. That KS is more OP than the wall. I got my fingers crossed for those out in the open that he doesn't get a natural success. And yes, he has a turn and he has yet to take it...

I should also note that each class DOES HAVE DIFFERENT STATS! In a way, it's good you guys took engineer to start with. For reasons you should do some research to find out.

As for changing class, you can upon respawn.

I'll be nice and offer some tips, teamwork and modifying/creating items as a team is a good way to go.. Although you can be evil and join the KS side.. if you really want to. The system I built allow for all of that. (I don't think the KS cares so much however)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 10:05:44 am »
I'm calling the portable item spawner thing a developer, because I can. I figure it works as well as any other name.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:36 am »
The turn taking a week is a bit long.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:51:05 am »
I'm calling the portable item spawner thing a developer, because I can. I figure it works as well as any other name.

The things you're calling a developer (rather apt in a way) works like a 3D printer, it spawns in the material from outsource location (kinda like, bringing in the building material by truck, just by magic.. spawns in the same way you guys do.)

Not everyone can check every day or reply every day. You know the original wall took longer than a week for EoT?

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:40 am »
so do i use the sprc to research?

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:48 pm »
Yes.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »
Can i revoke my move phase and build my shield in the safety hut?

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 02:51:07 pm »
As long as it make sense, you may. (For example you can undo a move and action, say you moved to a wall and built something then you changed your mind and moved to research tent and do some research, that's ok. You can't undo move outside and then do move to another building as you still have to exit a building. If that make sense?)

I would rather people stick with their moves once decided however, to keep things easier to do at EoT.

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:13 pm »

Not everyone can check every day or reply every day. You know the original wall took longer than a week for EoT?

Heh. :D

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 07:11:16 pm »
Not initially, blame mr. colt for that in the later days of the wall. Make it every 2 days, then?

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:36 pm »
2-3 days. 2 kinda feels cut short, as in "We don't get enough time to come up with a flop plan with our less active members."

Flop plans are a made up school by my school by the way, in which someone comes up with a plan and then others build off of it, and while each individual idea makes sense, for the most part the combined ideas don't work as a whole.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 08:06:24 pm »
Ok, how about, EoT on Monday and Fridays?

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:45 pm »
That...

That fits the bill actually.. yeah. I could handle Mondays and Fridays. 3-4 days is great medium between people who check the thread every day to people who stop in the forums few times a week.