Author Topic: The Wall, take [2], Killstealer edition  (Read 98702 times)

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
The Wall, take [2], Killstealer edition
« on: October 04, 2014, 01:13:41 am »
*tap tap, feedback* is this thing on? Oh Hello.

Listen carefully, this indestructible tape will self destruct 5 seconds after the message is played, so I will only say this once as the indestructible tape will self destruct after the message is played once.

There's report of a mass slaughter in this thread found in the pit, someone or something has escaped the pit and now we need player more than ever to defeat the unbeatable foe before it take on the rest of the forums. This is our last defense before the firewall, our last defense.

Nothing is more is known about this foe, but you can ask the GM to look at it. In fact, you can use look as one free action to look at anything. For example, look at this stupid tape, I'm not sure it's should be smoking like this but it's a indestructible tape, with a magnetic strip and a hole to allow the head to seek. Stop it GM, I didn't mean to look now, I just..

ahem, nothing is known about foe, it's a flying evil robot named Killstealer with stupid amount of power and damage. We are providing you with a base that has some top notch tech that will .. *whispers can be heard in the background*what? Er, due to budget cuts that  happened just this moment, we're providing you a basic base with some basic buildings.. .. er.. some basic buildings and a few tents. You'll find out when you spawn in, just don't forget your training in your class. We are sparing you one of our special tool that allow you to modify or create items of any size, got extra steam power and cogs.. they say the extra steam is fine and they put it through rigours testing, only one tester had their face removed, and only half had minor steam burns, this is pretty good records.

I have heard from QFP that GM may give more stats, or more details on the rules or tips if action is used for research. Remember, because we're such dumbasses and stupid Generals/Admirals/Whatever we are, stop making me say this shit GM, we made strict rules that everyone can only move once, and do one action.

Try praying, last thing you want is something, we smartasses call, Critical fails, so aim for the Natural Success! Don't worry about ammo, like the skies, Guns of Icarus Online, is unlimited but there are some rules about it.. which *crackle fizzzzzzzzzzzzz bob bob fizz* for use in weapons. I have no idea what Guns of Icarus Online is, but it sounds like some sort of skynet to me here.

Huh, what does this flashing light mean? anyway, we have one final intel to share, build arm....*beep beep beep*

The tape starts to let off a poof of black smoke, and doesn't stop.. than it changes colour.. soon it changes rapid thou all the colours of the rainbow then suddenly stopped smoking. Goddamn indestructible tape. The GM knew she shouldn't have used that kind of tape but it was so cute with the label "Straight Tape". Silly Labels.

GM: tl;dr READ THE DAMN LORE!

To everyone spawning in for the first time:
You wake up to find yourself staring up at the ceiling, when you look to your sides, you see a couple of beds with lots of wires coming off the beds, you jump off to notice that you have a folder in your hand. It seems to be some sort of pad with cogs and soft puffs of steam coming from various corners. It seems to share data about what you know from the tape before you did the rather pleasant job of having your atoms scanned and then getting shot in the face. (Why the goddamn face?!)

On the datapad, it says
  • everyone can do 1 action and 1 movement.
  • Ammo is unlimited
  • This world is based on GoIO but not limited to it
  • You're up against the killstealer that appears to be even more overpowered than the The Wall.
  • Build arm....
  • Look is a free action that everyone can do on top of their turn if they so desire it.

As you reached the end, you noticed some more text appear on your pad that wasn't mentioned in the tape
  • GM is God
  • Hanger contains all flyable ship from GoIO

First Tip: building and modification and using Vehicle may get you far.
Second Tip: teamwork matters.. but I'm not stopping evilness from getting in the way of process cause, I, the GM, is also evil.

p.s. looking and researching is great.

You notice there's no more text on the datapad, so you try to head out and noticed a barrier with the text saying, "pick your tool". You look after and see that there's 3 tools on a table next to you. Remembering your training you reach to pick the tool of your selected class, Kero for pilots, Buff Hammer for Gunners and Steam Powered Research Computer for Engineers.

After picking up your tool, you noticed you can step out but when you tried, you noticed some weird control chip in your brain, when you look at your reflection, you see two tiny hose running into your head and back out. (it's run on steam power.. yeashhh, wouldn't want to be ya). It stopped you making a second action this turn.

(OOC: To make things easier on everyone, OCC should be in brackets, started with OOC: and made italic, like this one. Most game related question is best asked in game via research, however, for fourth wall breaking fun.  Respawn takes one action and this is a different system made from scratch, it actually has more rules and structure then Oliver's more free flowing Wall, I'm the GM, he's my assistant. If you're unsure about anything, you can ask in OOC or send me or Oliver a PM and we'll tell you either what is known, basic question confusion cleared up or that more research is needed.

Technically, everyone joining starts on their second turn although the games is on the first turn right now cause confusion and I'm evil like that.

I hope everyone enjoys this game and love the stuff me and Oliver have put into it

Have fun.

edit: p.s. OOC Discussion thread can be found here

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 09:26:18 am by AbbyTheRat »

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall, take [2], Killstealer edition
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 01:40:07 am »
*immediately leaves the building he believes is a danger to his health while dragging out a Steam Powered Research Computer for Engineers*

*starts building an Armored shield he intends to use to protect his friends while ducking behind a wall to try to conceal himself*

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:51:48 am »
(OOC: Just to clear something up, maybe I'm not so evil after all.. who knows.. Each new player actually take two turns, first turn is picking their class and move outside, second turn is out in the big bad world. )

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 04:39:30 am »
--From a higher plane of existence, -Muse- Jacob observes Goldenglade as he ventures forth into the world that has been forged anew.--
--He realises that the GM has created sanctions that prevent him from popping in an out of the plane as he pleases. Ergo, if he is to join in, he must stay in.--

"I can't hack it and I can't leave....This is the challenge I was hoping for! Fear not, peasants; I shall take back control of this world for the Musegods and for the noble players who do so feedback provide!"

I materialise in the mysterious starting area. Tools clatter to the ground as I attempt to pick the Table instead of the tools.

((OOC: I can make my own tools later...right?))

Offline Felkin

• Salutes: 4
    • [WoD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 07:59:49 am »
*Felkin grabs one of the Steam Powered Research Computer, drags it outside and promptly begins research on the being called Old Man Henderson(see link for who he is http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Old_Man_Henderson "*

"Nobody steals kills while I am around"

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 08:49:54 am »
RedRoach spawns in with a nasty, NASTY headache. Probably from warping from near destruction in 5 seconds to steam-powered pipes. He looks at the table. Though he's not a pilot, he technically "could" make his own hammer later, and what was this com-pu-tar thing anyway? Besides, kerosene is flammable. Explosive + Flame FTW

(OOC Please tell me I'm allowed an infinite amount of this tool, and that I can use it like a normal tank of kerosene so I can make some fun toys.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 10:15:57 am »
*Mac joins the game*
He immediately begins work on the bomb factory, with room for expansion via output pipes on the structure. It, by default outputs bombs to all weapons, along with it itself dealing damage using a built-in cannon that is able to target anything.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 11:43:46 am »
*Pieman rises from his pie tin*

Looking around the room I change into a new set of clothing, store my luggage and head outside.

Outside I go to the nearest telegraph station and go about hiring a work crew.

"I need some manpower."

"Any specific reason why?" Says the voice on the other end.

"We have... respawned, you know what this entails."

"We'll send you the best, good luck, skies above have mercy."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:46:35 am by Piemanlives »

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 12:27:26 pm »
Keon, after seeing what his creation has done, would like to:

MOVE to tool cabinet.
LOOK at what the heck the engineer tool looks like.
GRAB Steam Powered Research Computer

Turn 2:
LOOK at KillStealer
MOVE behind wall or inside building
CONSTRUCT Construction Crane:

Construction Crane:
Intended to increase building speed of future projects. Can be moved around and used to construct buildings or ships. Also if one of you becomes spiderman we can have a scene where we all turn the cranes for you to swing on because it's not like spiderman can swing on buildings and doesn't need cranes or anything.

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 12:36:15 pm »
FredTheFifth Joined The Fray!

I use an all flare mobula in an attempt to lag the killstealer out of the game

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 02:03:10 pm »
-Muse- Jacob:
Jacob tired to take the table and was bounced back into the room. It seems the table is not a valid tool and must pick a class like everyone else. The control chip puffs slightly and you realised you're still can take an action as this turn was invalidated and he's still on turn one. You also realise that you still have another action and movement after selecting a tool.

(ooc: more research needed)

Felkin:
The GM took pity and wanted to remind Felkin that he still has a movement left.. why he reminded Felkin that.... Nupe, GM still Evil.

Redroach:
After selecting Kero, RedRoach remembers all his pilot training and noticed that he still has another action and movement to take for turn two of his character.

(ooc: it possible or not.. more research needed)

macmacnick:
When macmacnick tried to leave the barrack, he was rebuffed by the barrier on the wall, he could make a bomb for his second turn but he still need to use his first time to select a weapon. Damn barrier. So Cold.

piemanlives:
Walks right into macmacnick trying to leave the same damn room without a damn tool. That Barrier gives no .. ahem. You can look for a work crew after a valid turn one.

Keon:
Keon gets a random bonus point for making things easy for the GM. Does it matter? Maybe, GM doesn't give information without da money, I mean research.
as Keon looks at the Steam Powered Computer, he notices a puff of smoke. Here's a picture of such a devices.

he looks at the Killstealer high up in the sky out of reach, he can see a faint outline, a brief beep from the datapad that everyone carries around, a picture and some texts appears. Everyone else also receives the same pictures and text on their datapad.. it seems that this object is linked to everyone else.

We have found a picture from one of the surviving camera, It is noticed that in the picture that the killstealer had no way of flying, yet it he is up there. Did he build something to help him fly?
New Tip: Look around.

FredTheFifth:
Gets a extreme headache, the control chip puffs angrily.  Stopping him from slamming into piemanlives and macmacnick. The extreme headache seem to be the cause of turn two being invalid, there's no ship to move onto in the open and thus the GM offers suggestions of looking around, and still have 2 action and 2 movement allowed. You know your first movement is to move outside so you just have to pick a tool and give a second action.

(ooc: If you're not in this list, it's because your actions has been counted as valid and no GM feedback is needed, turns will be processed at the end of the turn post. ^_^ )
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:19:18 pm by AbbyTheRat »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 02:09:21 pm »
Replaceable joins the game.  8)
Someone call for engineer?

Turn 1:
*Grabs SPRC*

Turn 2:
*Dons leather jacket*
*Combs hair back*
*Puts on aftershave (cologne)*

Plus 10 Charisma.

8)

(Damn it turn 1 ended just as I was gonna post. Oh well.)

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »
Mac leaves the room and then starts carrying out his bomb factory plan.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 02:25:28 pm »
(ooc: turn has NOT ended! I reply to any looks and try to make sure people have a chance to correct invalid actions so they don't miss out when end of turn happens! Sorry if this caused confusion! Everyone still have their first two go.

Look is a free action and you get feedback to it soon as I notice. GM GAG Herself. More research is needed.)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 02:50:00 pm »
Replaceable walks out side. [Movement]

"What's up cuties?"  [Unrelated action that has no real affect]