Author Topic: Anime Discussions?  (Read 141793 times)

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Discussions?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 12:12:26 am »
I am watching Attack on Titan and I used to watch Pokemon. I'm not really an anime guy. But AOT is pretty good, so who knows.

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2014, 07:54:40 am »
I am watching Attack on Titan and I used to watch Pokemon. I'm not really an anime guy. But AOT is pretty good, so who knows.
Good! if you haven't watched many it means there is more you haven't seen! Basically watch anything that's been mentioned in my OP or the rest of the thread.. not seen anything I've disagreed with so far!

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 10:36:51 am »
I dunno Elfen Lied and NGE are pretty brutal animes that might make people think twice heh.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 10:40:27 am »
The Place Promised in Our Early Days/Beyond the Clouds, the Promised Place -  (it has two names). Absolutely beautiful graphics, and touching story.

If you liked Promised Place, I highly recommend watching some of Makoto Shinkai's other films, especially 5 Centimeters Per Second and Voices of a Distant Star. I like to pair these with The Girl Who Lept Through Time and have a marathon.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 03:55:04 am »
Y'know, every now and then I think hmmm, maybe I'm just kinda over watching anime...

And then something like Mekakucity Actors comes out.

So good. So very very good.

Offline Wilderbrand

• Salutes: 1
    • [BOTT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 02:13:34 pm »
First anime: Berserk
Favourite anime of all time: This is a tie Between Berserk Golden Age Arc and the two Darker Than Black Seasons/OVA
Favourite anime this season: Akuma No Riddle
Favourite anime last season: Kill La Kill
Anime you secretly enjoy(ed): Strawberry Panic!
Most hated antagonist: Griffith. That guy needs to die.
Most loved protagonist: Ohtorizawa Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha no Estetica guy is just hilarious.
Favourite relationship: Too many to name sorry.
Waifu: Can't say I've thought about it.
Over-rated anime: Attack On Titan
Under-rated anime: Psycho Pass
Personal anime fact:

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 01:57:05 am »
The Place Promised in Our Early Days/Beyond the Clouds, the Promised Place -  (it has two names). Absolutely beautiful graphics, and touching story.
If you liked Promised Place, I highly recommend watching some of Makoto Shinkai's other films, especially 5 Centimeters Per Second and Voices of a Distant Star. I like to pair these with The Girl Who Lept Through Time and have a marathon.

Oh I absolutely hated 5cm per second. The first part was good but the last 2 segments was just a downward spiral till you wanted to beat the crap out of the main characters. Place Promised was wonderful but it takes more than one watch to really see everything in it.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:02 pm »
I recently started watching El Cazador, I'm liking what I've seen so far.

Offline Ultimate Pheer

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2014, 09:30:34 pm »
One of my friends talked me into watching Steins; Gate today...

Uh... Still not sure what the actual plot is...

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:50 pm »
Stick with it, its good. Pay attention to everything tho because stuff early on will make more sense towards the end. It is one of those shows where the plot is a bit obscured and takes time to be revealed.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2014, 11:34:51 am »
One of my friends talked me into watching Steins; Gate today...

Uh... Still not sure what the actual plot is...
That's pretty par for the course for anime, not knowing what's actually going on for the first few episodes.

Stick with it, it's worth it.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 05:59:05 am »
Jesus Christ how can there not be a single comment about GuP. Are you guys even trying

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 04:09:35 pm »
Two summers of all girl cast animes...no wait, it was 3 summers...made me utterly despise any anime that at least doesn't have some form of wang in it. Not that I don't like female leads/etc. Its just...THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!! Zomg, I've never seen more generic anime in my life than all female cast shows. Most of them try too hard to be "moe" and have absolutely moronic stories and even worse heavy cliched characters. Not that I haven't liked some, but during the summer over the last 5 years, the studios in Japan have for some reason overloaded the summer season with them and there is so much crap...utter...discolored...malformed...rancid smelling...crap.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 05:18:57 pm »
yes, give in to total feminization of chinese cartoon demographic. Moe is all you need.

btw. watch sabagebu it's the shit

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 05:41:35 pm »
I just want to get something off my chest, felt like this is a right thread to do so:
I am usually more annoyed not by a complete feminisation of the characters in anime, but forced sexually suggestive content in every genre. Say all you want about Naruto, Bleach or One Piece, I enjoy them because fanservice is rarely ever implemented in it to the point of completely focusing the plot of the series on getting busty girls naked via the most ridiculous means and pushing the protagonist's faces in their breasts, which is probably of any value in ecchi genre, but I currently see it in every single genre as a way to strive from the main story and as a distraction from plotholes and poor plot complexity and character development. If you like ecchi, go on, watch it, I don't like it much, so I watch other genres, but since when did it become a standard to make ecchi out of every single anime? I constantly keep hearing people's opinions about Fairy Tail/Bakemonogatari/Sword Art Online/High School of the Dead/Magi/No Game No Life as of being "the best anime they've ever seen", and then I watch it and see nothing but a maybe 5/10 quality anime with perverted moment every 2 minutes, which I consider being a slap in the face to every single anime that the creators didn't have to go as low as to force fanservice to keep it all going, and at the same time still making much better anime out of it than whatever's been included in those "seinen/shounen/godknowswhatelse" wannabe ecchi anime. I recently end up watching anime that were made in 2007 or before, for it seems that everything newer is the same cheesy, low quality, repetitive soft-p0rn, and I don't watch it for keeping my hormones buzzing. Is it so hard to come up with an interesting story and avoid undressing main characters for the purpose of gathering its fans and viewers?

That is all.