Author Topic: Call for Gunner Ammo Ideas  (Read 183973 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Call for Gunner Ammo Ideas
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »
Yeah i kinda want that 1 gunner trifecta thing to happen. Then engineers can engineer while the gunner guns.

But the idea of itself seems interresting where a gunner can operate somehow multiple guns. That is a very good step in the right direction.
It just sounds like a new mechanic needs to be taken place for gunners if they want to be more flexible around guns.

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2014, 08:19:15 pm »
Helix Ammo:
Fires three bullets in a spiraling trajectory, at the cost of halving damage. If all three bullets hit you'll do 150% normal damage.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2014, 12:06:41 am »
Ammo that does what some people think heatsink does. Increase arcs (maybe at the cost of damage)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:56 am »
Ammo that does what some people think heatsink does. Increase arcs (maybe at the cost of damage)

Give me something that can mend the carronade's horrible gun depression and I don't care if you even halve my damage :P

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2014, 09:46:05 am »
I suppose someone has mentioned de-buff ammo somewhere down the pages somewhere. I really don't feel like looking for a few hours though.

Ooh ooh and someone probably suggested something about ammo that slows down whatever it hits (guns, engine, balloonnas).

It'd be pretty amusing if there was ammo that could intercept bullets or projectiles - not that it would make any sense when implementing.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2014, 10:28:15 am »
My original thought was to have it lock in neutral position, since gun ammos only have an effect while loaded, thus it would swing back to neutral center during reload. It would be interesting if it would lock wherever you were aiming once it was loaded, and remain there during reload. You could create a one gunner trifecta.

What if we gave it +10,000% ammo, 50% rate of fire, -99% rotation speed, and full clip firing (like Injection). That would give it pretty similar characteristics to my original thought, with no added coding or mechanics.
Oh god the Pyramidions you'll see. You mean I can have my gat-mortar with 2 flame-throwers constantly covering my whole front-left arc with noone manning them? ;)

This would certainly encourage engineer play. Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but oh man this would be so broken. :D

Offline Ultimate Pheer

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »
So, this is probably going to sound ridiculously overpowered, but how about an ammo that disables any part it hits for a very short time?

Guns can't fire, Engines stop providing thrust, the and the Balloon gets them stuck at where they are height-wise. Probably for a massive decrease in damage per shot, admittedly, and maybe a range reduction because can you imagine this on Flamers? There would be a new meta. And it would be fire.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:17 am »
How about ammo that makes ship heavier? Like some kind of sticky glue-balls that stay on ship when they impact? Then you could tilt (list) a ship in some way or even make it go down a bit? Maybe it's more a gun idea than an ammo idea...

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:07 am »
So, this is probably going to sound ridiculously overpowered, but how about an ammo that disables any part it hits for a very short time?

Guns can't fire, Engines stop providing thrust, the and the Balloon gets them stuck at where they are height-wise. Probably for a massive decrease in damage per shot, admittedly, and maybe a range reduction because can you imagine this on Flamers? There would be a new meta. And it would be fire.
This gives me a slightly less OP idea:

EMS - ElectroMagnetic Shock ammo.

-100% damage
-100% fire chance
+X% chance to apply a variable number of "shock stacks" to the target.

Number of potential stacks applied would be based on the damage dealt by the weapon, and extremely low-damage weapons could have slightly reduced chance to apply a stack in addition to only applying one per hit (to prevent the Flamer or Gat from being too easily abused).

Being shocked would put items on cooldown for the duration of the shock effect (preferably below 2s even with maximum stacks), and engines and weapons would have secondary effects. Engines would provide 0 thrust while shocked, and light weapons would be unable to fire, while heavy weapons would be prevented from both firing and turning. Both can be reloaded normally.

The Flamer's low damage would mean a small probability of causing a stack, as well as only one stack per shot, but the rapid fire and the wide AoE (unaffected by the ammo) would help to keep it viable with this ammo. Likewise, EMS Gats would be relatively minimal effect per hit, but could be used to put large portions of the target ship on cooldown and stall repairs for a couple of seconds at a critical moment.

Lack of damage means you're relying on bifectas/trifectas pairing with the weapon, making it a great utility ammo, but less viable for direct combat.

Offline Mr.Bando

• Salutes: 4
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:20 am »
Passive abilities don't work? What about if it takes up one of the gunner ammo slots? Gunners might only have 2 ammo choices but the passive 3rd will make them useful on a gun in a way that an engineer cannot be since they only have one slot.

Offline Mr.Bando

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2014, 07:41:04 am »
When you're bored, you are boring.

Fireworks ammo.
-gun does no damage but shoots out pretty sparkly fireworks
-Different fireworks effects depending on gun loaded.

Offline Mr.Bando

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2014, 07:49:37 am »
Battery ammo.

-does -20% damage of normal ammo
-must be charged. Either by keeping the ammo loaded in or a gunner tapping R to charge it up
-can charge up to do +50% extra damage

Offline obliviondoll

• [BSky]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2014, 08:33:10 pm »

Fireworks ammo.

Paid DLC only. I'd buy it. ;D

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2014, 02:56:31 am »

Fireworks ammo.

Paid DLC only. I'd buy it. ;D
Guaranteed way to crash everyone's game, drop their fps to -10, and cause everyone to leave the match? Yes please.

Offline obliviondoll

• [BSky]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2014, 03:13:42 am »
Guaranteed way to crash everyone's game, drop their fps to -10, and cause everyone to leave the match? Yes please.

Oh yeah, because I remember that happening all the time over the July 4th weekend when all the ships exploded in fireworks.

Well, if you consider "never happened once that I saw" to be "all the time", I did. That's close enough, right?