Author Topic: Accelerator tool (Damaged components work 100%)  (Read 4222 times)

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Accelerator tool (Damaged components work 100%)
« on: April 07, 2014, 11:34:22 pm »
Every Engineer tool has a sister and a brother tool.
The mallet and the spanner are brothers
While the pipe wrench are their sister.

Then you have chem spray and extinguisher who are sisters.
Why not give the buff hammer a sister?

(By brother and sister, i mean direct opposites or Different but same purpose)

Most of my inspiration comes from How the extinguisher and the chem spray are so different. And how they both may be needed to fulfill a help in need.

But my biggest inspiration comes in when i try to fix the baloon. After i rebuild it, i buff and repair it so i can make it work like original or better as it recovers so that the pilot can get us up again as fast as possible. And sometimes its just not enough.

So i tought of a tool that makes components work like they are 100% for a few seconds.

And that is the Accelerator Tool.
This tool takes up a spot on the engineer loadout. And this is how it works: For 10 seconds on any component will make that component work as if it has 100% health.
How it is used is like the buff hammer. 4 whacks on anything (Baloon, gun, engines) make that component work like it is not damaged for 10 seconds. This adds a blue color like glow in addition to the green glow of the current buff hammer. Meaning that both buff techs can be applied to a component. BUT you overide and reset the prebuffing with a new buffing meter. So if you start adding Pre-Acceleration on a Pre-buffed component, that Pre-buff will disapiear in replacement of the aceleration. And just as a minor thing, it has 3 rebuild power also.

So, the bad thing about this tool is that it can overide Buff Hammer Management.

But how is it good within the game?
One answer, Gunner.

The gunner along with potential new ammo type that damages the gun can make a use of this tool. Currently, if a gunner uses this tool on his Heavy flak that just shot a lochnagar, well you bet he is still going to reload as quick as 100% health and fire another clip of shots that arent slow.
Basicaly, gunners now have a way to work around damaged guns. But sacrifice helping rebuild power.

For engineers, you can make components work like they should from the get go. This can be very prominent for main engineers on engines. Or baloon. Since it only takes 4 whacks, it is easy to make something effective constantly.

Which in turn, you see that this is mostly a Gunner tool or Pilot tool than it is an engineer tool. Giving the gunner or the pilot more flexability within the engineer slots. And giving the engineers a conflict of having it themselves.

Now the big issue about this is the hull, i cannot come up with an obviouse function for this on the hull. Which in itself could be well enough a weakness to the tool.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Accelerator tool (Damaged components work 100%)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:42:12 am »
I'd make it have different hit amounts for different components like the buff does for the sake of balance.

It would be OP to work on the hull, as that just makes you invincible for 10 seconds. Maybe a different mechanic, like it would add a temporary amount of armor in addition to what is there, which lasts 10 seconds.

Rebuild power would be interesting, but would need careful balance.

Offline Regule

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:08:06 am »
I think it would work well if treated as a "overcharge" device.
It would cause component to work at 100% for given time and after that
component would receive some damage.  Time for with effect apply and amount
of damage caused would vary from component to component.

Suggested values would be :

• guns - 10 seconds of full effectiveness then drop to single inch of hp
  • engines - 5 seconds of full effectiveness then drop to half hp
  • balloon - like engines
  • armour - 8 seconds of invincibility then armour breaks completely

The last one would be easy to abuse on CP maps where one engie with
accelerator/overcharger and three with spanner could tank for very long time.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 02:52:03 am »
reduce the 8 seconds to about 2-3 seconds then it be a very good counter to gat/motars and other hard hitting loadouts for ships that are disable types. What you could do, is let the HP get low then overcharge it at the last second. It'll give you 2-3 more seconds to get the other person armor down but then when it wears off
it cause a precentage of max armor in damage to the armor. (I think something over 50%, about 60-80%, this allows those newbies to figure it out without instantly putting the ship in a bad position)

This item can't be refreshed but it can be replaced with a buff which case it'll cause percentage of damage to the item. Problem is, this will make the engineer class even more powerful to take over Gunners but at the same it'll add more tatic to the beginning, do you take fire protection or invis or something else. Components can be repaired still but at reduced amount.

Soo, overcharge would be:

Overcharge:
Allow components to run at full effective even while damaged. Cannot be refreshed like you can with a buff hammer but you can switch between buff and overcharge. Whenever overcharge is removed (either wearing off or by switching to buff) causes damage to the components based on components max health. Exception is hull component which cause a very short invincibility but very high damage, hull component cannot be repaired during invincibility. Rebuild times remain the same.

| components
|
| hits required to activate
|
| effectiveness in seconds
|
| Precentage of max HP of components done
| as damage when overcharge is removed
| repair reduced by
|
| guns| 5| 3| 30%| 10%
| engines| 4| 6| 15%| 15%