Author Topic: classicism  (Read 14411 times)

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
classicism
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:24:53 am »
hey guys tropo here

i have been playing with the same 20 or so people for the last 4 or 5 months in the game some longer and we are all level 7 to 14
where not here to beat up new players and pub stomp so if we beat you it was fair and square match we don't have specail laser beams or fire works where all equal how are you going to get better if you leave a lobby after seeing 4 people on one ship with high levels my advise would be to hang around if you lose baddly ask why and fix your ships or play styles
remember we just want to play a fair match like you all the same.

been playing this game for a while now and i have noticed that when the high level people (our team) win we get harassed insulted and abandoned left to play with no one that unfair on us as not only did we help you in the lobby pick a ship that can beat us and we may have even nerfed our own ship

just remember we paid the same for this game as you did please don't be a swore losser
we all got our asses hannded to us getting here, and sometimes still lose very baddy

please don't take away my rite to play an amazing game

Offline communistpony

• Salutes: 0
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: classicism
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:35:16 am »
I really don't think it is that cut and dry, but still we have all been in the position where we lose horribly. But a lot of people make what I think is the wrong choice. They leave after dying a few times. Even when you are losing a match, stick with it, you will either make a comeback or lose. Either of those are fine as long as you are learning from your mistakes. Just my two cents.

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 06:49:54 am »
well just before we played a match

so don't want use my friends names with out permission

normal crew
tropo= pilot lvl14
bob= main engineer lvl14
cindy=expert gunner lvl11
kyle=expert gunner lvl11

long range kill ship

nerfed crew

kyle=main engineer lvl5
bob=gunner lvl7
tropo=gunner lvl12
cindy= pilot lvl7
mine junker or beacon flare junker

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:36:25 am »
Holy shit that's a long sentence dude^^

Everybody deals differently with loss and in most cases it's blaming others. Pretty normal thing to do imo.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:24:39 am »
You took a Munker against newbs and you are surprised they rage quit? Seriously...

I take a Munker out with the intent to make someone rage quit!!

Specially if they are of the following: blocklisted, about to be blocklisted, act like horny monkeys in the lobby, trolls, or insult/make fun of B'Elanna. Course I do be sure and let their ally know, I will only be focusing on them, I will ignore the ally as long as they ignore me and let me teach them a lesson. Usually they comply and leave me alone. Few get the idea in their head they can take advantage of it for some easy kills...then I mine them into the ground and they quickly fly the opposite direction after that.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:36:18 am »
I have to agree, a munker is a ship made to cause pain and suffering to all who oppose you.

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 03:05:19 am »
ok whoops so mine junker is bad  i thought i was doing them a favor by taking a built that was mostly short range so easy to reverse away from and all

gilder they where bfs too so they should have rage quit in my mind

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 03:10:17 am »
i should probly point out that im see a lot of rage quiting and leaving lvls all the way up to 10 and it not  just mid levasing matchs its after the match too and smart ass comments i don't like where its going one team has to lose i accauly don't care if i win or lose because this game is amazing win or lose a lot of the time the best resault is 5-4 4-5 im not a fan of a 5-0 or a 0-5

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 04:32:36 am »
I have to agree, a munker is a ship made to cause pain and suffering to all who oppose you.
I still haven't figured out the counter to this build, besides long range/disable... so much pain...

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 06:35:23 am »
I still haven't figured out the counter to this build, besides long range/disable... so much pain...

Roughly is it. Or pray for lag. If a miner lags and misses 1 shot it can be the end of a munker.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 06:39:54 am »
Generally speaking a mine launcher build is fairly easy to beat. Of course if they have good gunners the difficulty goes up dramatically. Mines have a very specific range. This range can be changed with a proper use of gunner tools.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3059.0.html

The mine launcher can go from about 80 meters to about 340 meters (with tools, although in practice these numbers seem a bit off). As far as I can tell, they'll explode on 'impact', but both ships and the mines have larger hitboxes than they seem to. So it's really about 20-30 meters or so (closer than it sounds). Considering that ships are volumes, this actually gives quite a bit of room for a good gunner. You're not actually trying to strike the ship directly, but the area around the ship.

Knowing this, a gunner on a mine launcher is taking into account a lot of information. They need an estimate on the distance (usually through experience), their velocity, and the target's velocity. (velocity includes direction).

Personally I'm a one mine launcher kind of person, but that puts a lot of pressure on the gunner to get hits. A munker (and other ships with lots of mine launchers) are usually reducing the need for accuracy with sheer numbers of mines. Creating whole fields. This makes it difficult to chase them. And once you start getting hit, you'll likely continue to get hit (you'll take damage and suffer the impact, often slowing you down and making you an easier target).

To beat a ship who's primary weapon is a mine launcher, you have two options. Option one is stay out of their range. This means getting too close to them, or too far for their mines to explode on you. This can be a problem with munkers in particular, since they don't really have a blind spot, and the mine launchers have a large turning arc.

Assuming you have a gat/mortar build and not something long range, you should try to stay just inside of the gat range and pepper them. Ideally you'll be just out of mine range. You likely won't kill them, but they won't be able to kill you either. If they start trying to chase, just back up. They'll have trouble going around their own mines. At a certain point you'll actually want to change directions and charge at them. They're likely still using lesmok and trying to get you at range. Right when you're just about in lesmok range, burst forward. You might take a mine hit, but if you time it right it will just hit your ship. Now they're reloading and you're already ramming them. Unless they have lochnagar, they're very unlikely to hit you; and lochnagar comes with the downside of reducing the aoe size. So even when they start getting you, it's going to mostly be hull damage. Your engines and guns should be relatively fine.

But assuming you're that close, they should be destroyed in a relatively fast manner. The mines use impact damage, so things like moonshine can be used to reduce the amount of rotation to your ship. If they can't turn you or slow you down, they'll have a hard time keeping you in their active range.

Option two is probably easier. Ignore them and go for their ally. A mine ship by nature is more defensive. If you hug their ally, they can't mine as effectively for fear of killing their own team. Of course some players could care less about that. However, going for their ally also causes them to try and move in on you, instead of you chasing them. This again makes it easier to charge them and take them down, instead of trying to follow them through a mine field.

-----------------
tldr:
Be aware of their effective ranges. Kerosene is you friend. Don't be afraid to take a mine or two to get in their face. You can always go for their ally.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 06:57:32 am »
You assume a munker cares if they mine their ally. One of the key rules to successful mine combat...allies are expendable and often times key mine placement, while damaging the ally severely, will also wreak havoc on the enemy. Multiple enemies turn it into a pinball game and the chaos can allow the crippled ally to limp away. It is ok if you kill your ally as long as you kill the enemies attacking.

You're also assuming the munker has no means of closing range or escaping. In that respect, they are very much like squids where you are at the mercy of the engines. Balloon going out isn't a biggee as long as your miner has incendiary and you have kerosene you can control the engagement and recover from a bad situation. Pilot should take a spanner too, not a wrench as you'll spend more time rebuilding the balloon than repairing. Plus it frees up crew to watch the hull. Engine tools also allow the munker to go from defensive to offensive and even if most of the guns are lost, all it needs is one mine to create an opening.

Its a silly boat at face value but it becomes very complex when used correctly. Design and combat theory on it emerged from CP battles in Scrap so it isn't meant to be a build that doesn't draw fire. Its meant to engage 2-3+ enemies at once and survive long enough for allies to reengage. That is with crew members moving constantly between shooting and repairing while one holds off attackers. Pilot must know ranges and the crew must be in sync with the pilot's movements to predict placement. Again like a squid, it is unforgiving if things go wrong.

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:24 am »
in reply to some stuff above mine lunchers should always aim up
shoot lesmok behide or neexted to and not at the emeny

how to aim in short aim about 30degress up whats that ? ok so your in  range with standard rounds it should be aiming for balloon high

lesmok has 30+ projectle left so aim almost where to are shooting

range
lesmok 340metres
incendiary 150 metres  add 50 degress aim almoost looking at your own balloon
greased rounds 160 metres add 40 degress aiming
heat sink rounds 160 metre fire same as standard
lock range 80 metres  aiming should be aiming for nexted to there hull this round will not do much but the impact is increased and it will stop a emeny charge and take down hull armor in most cases
charged is the best round by fare and range is 200 metres
burst also 200metres

standard mine range is 200 metre same specs as flame thrower

so if above hasn't helped try running a flame throw with lesmok when flames in range start firing the mines enjoy

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 08:28:47 am »
I'm not assuming any of those. I mention that some players care less about mining their own team.

For running and chasing, mine ships are generally better at running. I wouldn't advise chasing them, as it's easier for them to predict where you're going to be, and they don't have to worry about running into their own mines.

When closing distance they have to be aware not to put mines in front of themselves. It's not as big of an issue on the junker because they're often at an angle and not charging straight in.

What I'm saying is to take advantage of the mine launcher itself. It has a very specific range and a single shot (although the reload is pretty fast). Generally when they're tying to close, they'll have a certain ammo (usually lesmok). Back away and let them push forward, you'll often see them deploying mines and can judge how long before they'll be in range. Right before that moment happens, charge in. (You'll normally want to slow your retreat first so you can change directions faster). Often they'll still have lesmok or such loaded. If you time it right, that shot will hit your ship directly and not explode. If you time it wrong, you'll take a mine in the face. Assuming you have kerosene or such, you'll continue going forward and brush it off. You'll normally be ramming them before they can get another shot off. Once you're inside of this range, it's almost impossible for them to escape. Great gunners can still get shots off to your sides, but you can normally disable their guns with the gat (or they'll break their own guns with loch shots). Be prepared to pop your kerosene (or just leave it on) so you don't rotate off target.

These type of all mine builds do better in capture point than actual death matches. This is because in capture points, you have to go to them and get inside their range. The stuff I talked about usually only works in DM.

I do like the flamethrower tip though.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 01:30:27 pm »
This reminds me of a funny quote from a completely different forum that might be applicable:
The countersolution, for the good fighters to put themselves at a disadvantage, almost makes things worse: if you're so good that you have to fight left-handed to have a challenge, eventually you'll be murdering people while fighting lefty and armed only with a dagger. That'll really make them want to come back.
Source:
http://www.electricsamurai.com/main_page.pl?action=view_article&file=20140103104641-Guests.txt&dir=General