Author Topic: Competitive play and the PS4  (Read 25818 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive play and the PS4
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »
I actually have always played this with a relatively low mouse sensitivity and I've managed to do alright in this game.

I used to play a good amount of fps on consoles with my sensitivity turned high and could whip around a 180 at pretty much the same pace as I do now with my mouse in this game.  That being said, the speed of a 180 turn in this game isn't nearly as critical as communication teamwork, strategy, tactics and positioning.  I think console gamer's will do just fine.

No everything will. No way you can snap your view to a full 180 on the helm with a pad as fast as you can with a mouse. Engineering is similar with repairs. If you have to move fast and adjust quickly for repairs/extinguish, you can't do it fast enough with pads. It'll be playable yes but pad based teams will not be able to compete without either heavy tweaks to sensitivity or just giving up and connecting a mouse.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive play and the PS4
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:53 am »
It is true that consoles will be a bit worse off in terms of skill or control within the game.

But when will this be?

How many changes will we see in the game that actually makes console version playable? Also Adventure mode? Will that be in too? etc etc.

Imagine near future, where goio has been updated up to 2.0.0. What new shit and stuff will be out there then? All i can say is that i hope people play the console version when its out. Muse deserve it. What other games that are like Goio but is as big or bigger than Goio?