Linked Events

• Season 1 Invitation Tournament: November 23, 2013 - November 25, 2013

Author Topic: Season 1 Invitation Tournament  (Read 38726 times)

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
Season 1 Invitation Tournament
« on: November 06, 2013, 02:06:05 pm »
Hello everybody and welcome to the Season 1 invitational tournament. You've all been fighting it out in the skies over the past few months to get here, and now it's time to but everything to the test and win some sweet sweet prizes.
Everybody that participates will get a badge, and the better that you score, the shinier the badge will be. On top of that we have some truly awesome things lined up for you, like naming npc's.
So when is this tournament? The tournament is held on the weekend of November 23rd and 24th.
What time is it? The events will start at 1pmEST each day, so make sure to have your team ready for that.
So it's two days? Yes. Day one is an eliminator round robin event, followed by a bracket stage on day two, where the teams that made it out of day one still flying will fight for the top spot.
How do I know if my team is in it? Team captains will be emailed over the coming days with an invitation to the tournament.

Teams in so far:
Ducks
Zill’s Merry Men
CakeWatch
The Bully Boys
The Celestial Dragons
Museosaurus
Aeronautical Knights
Glowwater Thralls
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:51:02 pm by Morbie »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Season 1 Invitation Tournament
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »
Hey

on september 27th I asked in this thread if you could change our clan/team name https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1868.75.html

it was never updated.
I read the rules again and it says that corvus was amongst the 10 teams with highest points, who gets automatic access.
It would make my team so sad if we dont get to change our name from corvus to glowwater Thralls.

Offline Vetta

• Salutes: 0
    • [LOVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 02:39:33 pm »
YES OH SO SAD!  :'(

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 02:49:13 pm »
Wait, this is still happening? I kind of figured this season was just abandoned. Not that I'm complaining, I do want the shiny badges.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:36:28 pm »
Hey

on september 27th I asked in this thread if you could change our clan/team name https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1868.75.html

it was never updated.
I read the rules again and it says that corvus was amongst the 10 teams with highest points, who gets automatic access.
It would make my team so sad if we dont get to change our name from corvus to glowwater Thralls.
Updating Corvus to Glowwater Thralls now. Sorry about that. I've been away for a month.

Wait, this is still happening? I kind of figured this season was just abandoned. Not that I'm complaining, I do want the shiny badges.
It is indeed still happening. THings have died down a bit with me being in europe last month, but I'm back and we're doing this. And season 2 will be far better now that we actually have all the groundwork in place.

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 03:37:07 pm »
Hey

it was never updated.
Updating Corvus to Glowwater Thralls now. Sorry about that. I've been away for a month.

It is indeed still happening. THings have died down a bit with me being in europe last month, but I'm back and we're doing this. And season 2 will be far better now that we actually have all the groundwork in place.

Np morbie, I saw we was updated as thralls on the standings slides so on. was just a bit confusing.-

Offline Skrimskraw

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:20 am »
since there is less than 2 weeks when are we going to vote for teeams who did not make the top 10?

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 11:30:08 am »
Can we also get a list of what clans are in?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 11:45:15 am »
How do I know if my team is in it? Team captains will be emailed over the coming days with an invitation to the tournament.

Knowing would be nice, so we can prepare with availabilities.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »
what is this being based upon? in other words why would one team be invited and not another?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »
oooo got ya this is a cogs like thing

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 04:59:07 pm »
I wouldn't say it's a huge amount like Cogs.

But anyways, I guess you wouldn't qualify yet seeing as your team didn't participate in the system, but according to the rules the community's going to get a chance to vote for two teams that they'd like to see participating.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »
o cool! it was the "scrimmage for points" thing right?

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »
And fun, but yeah. They got perceived as being just "for points"