Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344066 times)

Offline Commissar AJ

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »
Hey GoIO,  Commissar AJ reporting in (or AJ of course)

I got into GoI with a friend who bought the Steam special, and I knew I would like it just because steampunk and airships, but I was floored when I actually started playing!

Overall I gotta say I love the game, beginning to discover more of the community, and I'd like to get more involved with everything GoI!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:00 pm »
Welcome to the community AJ!  Now for a warm uncomfortablely long hug from aarge bearded man who hunts flying whales.   Yes...  That feels nice right?

Offline Commissar AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 03:17:55 am »
Welcome to the community AJ!  Now for a warm uncomfortablely long hug from aarge bearded man who hunts flying whales.   Yes...  That feels nice right?

Yes... though uncomfortable, I do feel slightly... comforted...

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 03:23:17 am »
Present.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 08:31:03 am »
Present.

*Checks Helmic off the attendance sheet*

Welcome to the forums!.... if you ever see me in game, send me a message...

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
Well some people have seen me floating about... perhaps an introduction is in order.

I'm Phoebe; which not so coincidentially is also my real first name;- little did I know I would be stuck with it as a player name.  :P

I'm 32 years old; divorced and mother of a young daughter growing to be as stubborn as myself.  I've always shared an interest of playing games with my ex husband and Guns of Icarus Online is one of the first games I actually purchased for myself after a friend of mine who goes by the nickname "Paddypower" recommended it to me.

I have a two shift job in human resources and I have a degree in public relations;- I wanted to be a relationship therapist when I was young but that didn't quite work out so I had several jobs in marketing, human resources, public relations and finance.

My friends usually call me "Tushy"  which has been my nickname since High School.

I haven't really settled on names for my ships to keep but I definitely like flying the Galleon most because well... you know; women and driving - The Galleon goes in slow motion so I can somewhat handle that.

I really like the Lumberjack as a gunner because that's pretty much the only gun I can say I'm good at and I find it tremendously fun and satisfying to get a good lock going on from large distances.

Most of all I just really like Guns of Icarus Online because I can hop on for a couple of quick matches; find and meet new people in between them because the lobbytime is always atmospheric and friendly - and just generally have a good time without too much of a competitive spirit.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 11:03:42 pm »
Hey welcome Phoebe! Well now that I think about it you've probably been here for a little bit but welcome to the community anyways!

Hey Helmic get your mic fixed alright!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:06:01 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 06:15:10 am »
Hey welcome Phoebe! Well now that I think about it you've probably been here for a little bit but welcome to the community anyways!

Hey Helmic get your mic fixed alright!

It's not broken, Muse is just censoring all the curses.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 06:57:19 am »
O_O THEY DREW THEIR PLANS AGAINST US!

Offline Meriwether

• Salutes: 8
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »
Ahoy there.  I am Meriwether, you can find my impassioned "hello" posting here: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,322.0.html

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 11:06:35 pm »
Hey, I'm Cul.

I've been playing this game for about a week now, and have been loving every moment of it. Just like all good newbies, I immediately started the game as a pilot of a Squid. Luckily, a few veterans happened into my ship and gave me some advice while I flew it around. This led me to stick with piloting. The game's mechanics captivated me, and I spent a lot of time memorizing things... and then I found the wiki.

I ended up rewriting all of it due to poor grammar and insufficient data, so if there's anything wrong, yell at me for that.

I enjoy playing as a pilot and an engineer. My crew would probably say that I'm much better as an engineer due to the fact that I fly like a drunk hummingbird.

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 01:55:12 pm »
Hello everyone. I'm Brick Hardcastle and I've been playing Guns of Icarus since November of last year. Back then I bought the four pack for a few of my friends and they played with me occasionally. They didn't love the game quite as much as me and I'd struggle to get them to crew with me as much as I wanted. Because of this, there was a period I did not play so much. However, eventually I just thought I'd throw myself into playing it alone, and as I've played, I've made lots of great new friends!

I've always enjoyed flight sim games such as the Ace Combat series, and I enjoy a good old fashioned dogfight as a pilot. There's nothing quite as satisfying as trying to outfly a skilled pilot, using every skill you have to get in a better position. Among the great pilots I've played with I'd give a particular shout out to Gilder who has given me some hair-raising battles in the sky and some strong victories as a co-captain. Also, thanks to my wild buddy Rowan who is always fun to fly with and another skilled squiddy captain. Oro is one seriously cool cat and a brilliant crew member. Of course, my chief engineer Zirrrus always keeps my ship fixed and indulges my addiction to moonshine with admirable dedication!

Thank you to all the other awesome people I've played with who've helped me get better at the game, and who I've shared a laugh with over voice chat. You know who you are :P

I hope to get more involved in the great GOI community!

Offline HumbleBee

• [SSTR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »
Hello all ^.^

I'm Bee. I rather enjoy being an Engineer, especially on ships what need a lot of work. It's really no fun sitting around just winning as an Engineer, I want a challenge. If you're looking for someone what'll keep your balloon afloat or that pesky thrust engine whirling about, I'm your person. But please don't make me talk, I'm really rather shy. Anywhosel, clear skies and happy sailing!

~HumbleBee ^^;

Offline zboy

• Salutes: 1
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2013, 02:14:02 am »
Hi!

Im zboy, I like to play games. And longboard. And play guitar. Im always an engineer. Bout it. Ill see you in the skies.  ;)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 04:56:47 am »
Hello all ^.^

I'm Bee. I rather enjoy being an Engineer, especially on ships what need a lot of work. It's really no fun sitting around just winning as an Engineer, I want a challenge. If you're looking for someone what'll keep your balloon afloat or that pesky thrust engine whirling about, I'm your person. But please don't make me talk, I'm really rather shy. Anywhosel, clear skies and happy sailing!

~HumbleBee ^^;

Good engineer this one, kept a squid alive for a king of the flayed hills match and a 5 kill streak on 2 galleons blasting hwatchas at us.
And he'll talk, just gotta prod him the right way.