Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 38581 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 12:16:03 am »
Carronades, no. Flaks maybe. The carro (as far as I'm aware) doesn't do AOE damage. It's essentially a cluster of pellets fired from the gun in a cone shape. Each pellet is a direct shot with no added AOE damage. The burst round will just increase the ammo on the small carronade and reduce the fire rate. Not really worth it. On the heavy carronade it just slows down the rate of fire, absolutely not worth it.

The flaks do AOE damage (after the arming time), so burst rounds can be effective on them. Letting a single shot hit more components at a time. I'm not 100% on how AOE damage works, but I believe that it applies damage to each component in the AOE zone equally; and doesn't hit components more than once. For instance the hull has lots of hit boxes (you can see the hit markers appear in different areas) but an AOE shot will just hit it once (where the various 'pellets' from the carronades will each hit it).

It will increase the ammo on the light flak along with the larger aoe, and slow down the firing rate. The light flak already fires pretty slow, so this can be a little bit of a bother. On the heavy flak, it will fire slower and not effect the damage, on top of the increased AOE. The AOE on the heavy flak is pretty large, and with burst rounds it can get quite impressive.

Essentially it's usually a good choice for flaks, but never for carronades.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 12:26:40 am »
I only like burst in the light flak. It ups the ammo without sacrificing any damage like greased does. The AoE increase is just a bonus. For the heavy flak I tend to prefer charged.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 12:27:35 am »
I only like burst in the light flak. It ups the ammo without sacrificing any damage like greased does. The AoE increase is just a bonus. For the heavy flak I tend to prefer charged.

This ^

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 03:24:41 am »
Burst for Flaks or Carronades?
No.
In Carronades you just get a reduced firing speed so a slower clip empty.
Nothing you rly want. You want your shots to hit the best and go in as fast as possible to pin the enemy down.
The slowed down firing rate just hinders you. Greased (light) or charged (heavy) are better options. Or the good old heavy clip for accuracy.

For Flaks i say the same.
You dont want it.
The light flak has a quite high reload time and you will most likely use it with a merc or hades. THis guns can shred hull armor quite decent.
You will most likely time your flak shots so you hit the unarmored enemy hull. A reduced firing speed just hinders with that.
And the AOE of the Flak only deals explosive dmg. Explosive is only really good against permahull.
You dont aim for component dmg in most cases. Greased or charged are probably wiser options (didnt do the math what does more dmg).

Pretty much the same for the heavy Flak. You may have a decent aoe paired with a good chance to cause fires but thats not your main purpose.
You want your shots to hit the unarmored hull as hard as possible. Take charged and get those shots in.
You can get them down with a few shots if you hit the permahull of the enemy.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 03:20:00 am »
If you shoot a cloud with a lochnagar flare gun would the cloud explode?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 03:31:56 am »
If you shoot a cloud with a lochnagar flare gun would the cloud explode?
Yes.

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 01:25:36 pm »
I've tested this; the cloud actually combusts into a giant inferno setting everything nearby on fire before exploding into a tremendous orange ball of flames. 

It's a spectacular easter egg that Muse had hidden for ages.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 04:42:23 pm »
As leader of Cake and therefore knowledgeable of all things fire, I can confirm this.

I do, however, ask you all to keep it on he 'down low,' as my team and I are waiting for the perfect opportunity to reveal this to the world through Cogs.

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 09:58:58 pm »
True or false. Artemis and merc shoots will deal more damage over 1,000 meters because of the bullet expansion mechanic.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 10:42:00 pm »
False (as far as I know). The bullet expansion makes it easier to hit targets at range, but has no effect on damage. Although I suppose if you hit more components, you're technically doing more total damage, but assuming you're just hitting the hull or such, you'll be the doing the same damage regardless of their distance.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 03:32:23 am »
You wont do more damage to a single component but you may hit more components.
You cant hit components twice. Even if you hit the hull and hit the destroyed balloon the damage will only be applied once on the hull.

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 08:13:31 pm »
If I want to use a hwacha as a explosive finisher what ammo would I use?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:16 pm »
If I want to use a hwacha as a explosive finisher what ammo would I use?

All "finisher" ammo types (charged, greased, etc.) will give you very similar DPS, so it's the damage per clip that matters. Burst has by far the best.

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 10:55:31 pm »
In my opinion there are 2 optimal ammos for hwacha: heavy and burst.  If at long range the former has the highest dps at close range the latter.

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 01:24:06 am »
Would a buffed burst hwacha finish of a galleon or goldfish in one clip?