Author Topic: Goldfish 1.3.3  (Read 39872 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Goldfish 1.3.3
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 10:50:45 pm »
Surpised this thread made it into 2014. So I guess nothing changed in my absense?

Kind of disapointing I have to admit. Awkm, you disapoint me very much so. :P

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 01:01:28 am »
Glow Water Thralls and Overwatch have made good use of the hwacha fish in competitive play. Expect to see more of this in the upcoming Sky League.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 09:16:36 am »
Glow Water Thralls and Overwatch have made good use of the hwacha fish in competitive play. Expect to see more of this in the upcoming Sky League.

14-second-reload-rocket-Fish has been around since forever as a soft counter to Galleons and Junkers, which I'm guessing is pretty much all that is being played lately.

That is still a most disapointing thought, that the Goldfish is still pretty much just a soft counter to specific ships with no other evolution what so ever to be more competitive. If only the Hellhound was never touched since 1.2

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 09:56:28 am »
Some ships and weapons are just not suitable for competitive play.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 10:23:01 am »
Some ships and weapons are just not suitable for competitive play.

Maybe, but I'm not getting into this discussion, I'm not nearly invested enough into the game for that anymore. Input appreciated anyway tho.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2014, 06:23:03 pm »
Echoez, Why did you resurrect a thread that you don't wan't to be part of a discussion in? Why even bother commenting if you don't care about the game anymore?

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2014, 08:57:00 pm »
Echoez, Why did you resurrect a thread that you don't wan't to be part of a discussion in? Why even bother commenting if you don't care about the game anymore?

Because I was actually heavily invested before and I kinda spend money on it, so I check it periodically to see if anything has gotten better/changed, if you don't mind of course. Also I was the one I started this thread if you didn't notice, lol.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2014, 09:01:45 pm »
Psst, rumor has it a close range heavy weapon is being heavily considered... maybe not in the immediate future, but gossip has certainly started.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2014, 09:05:37 pm »
Psst, rumor has it a close range heavy weapon is being heavily considered... maybe not in the immediate future, but gossip has certainly started.

Hopefully Autocannons, though I'm not gonna get excited over 'rumors' :P

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2014, 09:30:36 pm »
Goldfish is certainly under utilised, but I wouldn't call it underpowered. It's still a nimble ship (might not have any stat best but if utilsed correctly it can still survive much more than any pyra would. - Also don't rely on the numbers in the book too much, they arent entirely accurate (we know listed speed of either prya or Goldfish is wrong for example).
Goldfish's primary role is to force enemy teams into unfavorable situations, and it's still very good at it.

The only ship i'd say is screwed atm is the Poor squid (prya can still turn fast enough to keep it in it's arcs with help of phoenix claw -assuming squid doesen't sneak from behing the enemy ship).

Saying some weapons aren't for competitive play is silly (with exception of harpoon becouse that one isn't woring as intanded). Every weapon can work in competitive play - just all of the weapons are not equaly universal. We have won competitive matches by using gat-mine front on pyra. And that is certainly not meta.

Offline Spud Nick

• [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2014, 01:14:40 am »
I would like to see more heavy weapons for the Goldfish so it can preform more roles on the battlefield. One of the big weaknesses of the Goldfish is it's lack of versatility.