Author Topic: The Bounty Board  (Read 31484 times)

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bounty Board
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 09:32:00 pm »
I like your idea though it sounds labor intensive on the code side.  I'll have to check with the engineer though.

And the current goal is a tiered one.  With the addition of more targets I agree that being able to track already captured bounties is a very good idea.

I might be wrong because there was a bug earlier about points value and we fixed it so I don't know what it ended on, but I believe it can change, but for it to change they'd have to gain 3 levels to make themselves worth 10 more points.

Offline Aluminum Pidgeon

• Salutes: 0
    • [Wiki]
    • View Profile
    • The GoIO Official Wiki
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 11:30:51 pm »
I really don't like the first come, first served principle of the current bounty signup system.
What I'd like to see is a system which favors people who
- they actively participate at the bounty system
- are "skilled" (I want to hunt worthy opponents, not prey)
- are very active and hence available in case I want to hunt them.
Also I'd like to see the number of bounties to be very limited. Being a bounty should be considered a privilege.

What about this signup system:
- allow people to signup for the next season once a season starts.
- grant the top 3 bounties and the top 3 hunters a guaranteed spot in case they sign up for the next bounty season
- fill up the remaining slots with people from the sign up list using a point system similar to this: (bounty hunter points)*(1+ (highest class rank lvl)/15)*(1+ (average number of games played per day played during the last bounty season)/10). The people with the highest 'score' are the bounties for the next season

An entirely unrelated request:
please introduce another menu point to the bounty board where you can keep track of targets one already hunted down.

And a question regarding the value of bounties:
is the value set and fixed at the beginning of a bounty season or can it alter during a season?

And this is why I fly SIR airlines.

I can't agree more with this post, and I think there is a HUGE point that makes this bounty system highly useless: unless you're a bounty, there's no penalty for losing a match, which means a bounty can team up with his friends and have them lose on purpose.

One thing I've said before, and will say again: the art team is killing it. The badges for bounties/hunters are SICK!!!

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 04:02:28 am »
(bounty hunter points)*(1+ (highest class rank lvl)/15)*(1+ (average number of games played per day played during the last bounty season)/10)
Would this affect people (like me) who play a small amount on weekdays and a  lot more on weekends...

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 04:04:54 am »
Oh and again, anyone know what timezone + time bounty sign up actually starts?
Or if we had regions for different countries/continents/areas (For us people in the East) to have our own separate bounties or separate bounty signup which pools in with the main one.
And yeah.. like the other guys I don't really like the "first come first serve"

Maybe if they haven't died in the last 10(?) matches they'd be more qualified to become a bounty.

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »
The bounties collected doesn't seem to be updating right now.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 07:11:18 am »
Do the bounties wins regress? I'm pretty sure when I was last online yesterday I had 60+ wins and now it's 56.

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 01:27:47 pm »
They Shouldn't have Sprayer, but keep an eye on it in case something goes wrong (though by my last check you are 40 wins ahead of every other bounty, good job!)

The Bounties collected only show the top ten and if you've already collected a player you can't earn points on them again,

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »
I might be wrong because there was a bug earlier about points value and we fixed it so I don't know what it ended on, but I believe it can change, but for it to change they'd have to gain 3 levels to make themselves worth 10 more points.
what happens if the value of a bounty raises mid-season? Do those hunters who got that head already get extra points on their bounties lvl up? If not can we hunt the same bounty again to get the point difference?

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:41 am »
Since each bounty can only be collected once by each player, please add checkmarks on the bounty list so hunters can keep track of which bounties they already collected.

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 11:31:26 am »
Make people who already collected the bounty and win against the wanted again gain a fraction of the original prize. I want people to keep chasing me even if they already won against me  :'(

Offline Cid Ferringer

• Salutes: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 10:30:20 pm »
Can't we just have a system based on your kill streak?
If you've got 5 kills and no deaths, you get a low level bounty which just increases the longer the streak.
As soon as you die after a streak, the reward is claimed by the killing crew/team.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »
That's not a bad idea. Don't think it will work though.

Offline Cid Ferringer

• Salutes: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 01:10:11 am »
That's not a bad idea. Don't think it will work though.

Well, that would make the bounty board into more of a killstreak-scoreboard..

------

What if the bounty level was based on K:D Ratio, so if you kill someone you lower his value.
Along with a minimum K:D ratio requirement for signing up.

That way a good bounty hunter has to kill the best wanted players to be on top of the scoreboard.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 09:28:43 pm »
The kd ratio says very little about a players skill. This would discourage players to play cp maps and using supporter builds.
I also dislike the Idea of using winstreaks for the bounties scoring, as this would encourage stacking and evading real challanges by simply leaving the lobby.

What about granting bounties points equal to the average lvl of the enemy team?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:33:59 pm by Wundsalz »

Offline Sprayer

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 10:13:24 pm »
How would that encourage the hunters to go after the same bounty again?