Author Topic: Iron sights for heavy flak.  (Read 8023 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Iron sights for heavy flak.
« on: August 22, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »
Having the iron sight for the lumberjack does wonders for finding range and aiming (when the white crosshairs are against white clouds).

I feel the heavy flak could also benefit from having iron sights.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Iron sights for heavy flak.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 10:10:03 pm »
Probably wouldn't be easy to change the gun model but it would be cool.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:18:22 pm »
The heavy flak already has the sight though, you just can't use it.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:25:02 pm »
Which is the reason for this post?

I agree that the HF could use sights like the LJ. Certainly makes sense.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 02:07:25 am »
i vote yes on prop ironsights

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 05:07:34 am »
Iron Sights would be nice on the heavy flak, and maybe even on the mine launcher have you guys thought about that?

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 08:23:12 am »
A quote from AWKM about this topic when someone brought up the HF sights elsewhere:

The heavy flak is one of the oldest guns.  It was finished before any gameplay feedback got added to it.  If we were to use the sights on it, the cannon would occlude a huge amount of screen real estate.  Furthermore, the sights don't help for drop.  The LJ is a good example of sights that work quite well.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 08:28:30 am »
A quote from AWKM about this topic when someone brought up the HF sights elsewhere:

The heavy flak is one of the oldest guns.  It was finished before any gameplay feedback got added to it.  If we were to use the sights on it, the cannon would occlude a huge amount of screen real estate.  Furthermore, the sights don't help for drop.  The LJ is a good example of sights that work quite well.

To be quite honest I don't see why that would be a problem and judging from the visible part of the iron sights the Heavy Flak has, they would be quite useful, it might not have numbers, but the multiple circles it has can be used to estimate shots.

Also, Twin Heavy Carronade, that's an example of a gun that takes up a lot of the screen.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:51:06 am »

While I'll agree about the screen space, I half agree with the accounting of drop. The sights would allow for an estimation of the drop (ex. watching the shot drop from the 3 to 1 line, assuming sights are modeled after the lumberjack).

Even if you don't need the sight for drop estimation, it's still a good tool to judge range and then adjust for drop.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 11:32:14 am »
To be quite honest I don't see why that would be a problem and judging from the visible part of the iron sights the Heavy Flak has, they would be quite useful, it might not have numbers, but the multiple circles it has can be used to estimate shots.

For reference: http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/161/ironsights#Item_5
From when I made the same suggestion for more than a year ago. You'll see that it pretty much covers your whole sides. Could be cool though.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 11:35:36 am »
One could just make a minor adjustment to the model that would simply raise the iron sights a bit.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 11:38:20 am »
I suppose you could. It would be neat as several of the guns actually have more or less some kind of iron sights