Author Topic: Unlocking Certain Achievement Classes  (Read 3228 times)

Offline treseritops

• Salutes: 6
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
Unlocking Certain Achievement Classes
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:29:36 pm »
This is copied from another thread but I think it's died. Anyways, is there is a reason that achievements (or at least certain categories) couldn't be unlocked from the beginning? Specifically fixin, combat, experience, and maps for engineers? Probably Flyin, Command, Teamwork, Experience, and Maps for Pilots? I'm not sure about gunning but the equivalent categories are probably suited.

A simple example is one of the engineering achievements for repairing 150 guns with a wrench. I think it's supposed to encourage experimentation with loadout but I think by level 6 you've figured it out. I tried loadouts with the wrench for a long time while I was lower level, especially while gungineering. Right now, however, I feel like trying for this achievement will let my team down. I either enjoy playing and play as a team player for the good of the match, or I play selfishly and bring questionable loadouts.

I agree at some point an engineer should be more of less forced to try a loadout of wrench, buff, ext or to learn the difference between ext and chem spray, etc. I've already done that and want credit for the experience without it costing my teammates.

In the end these achievements demonstrate experiences you've had in the game, if we've experienced them do we really need to re-experience them again in a specific order?

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Unlocking Certain Achievement Classes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:25:25 pm »
Honestly I feel they should still be locked/gated in the way they are, but ordered in terms of relative difficulty.
It is somewhat aggravating when one achievement takes a month, but the next I get in one match.

But I would challenge you to learn how to be effective with the chieve loadouts while still being an asset to your team.
I've never chased engineering achievements and I still randomly get a good number of them. It does take longer.

I do agree, some of the ordering makes very little sense from a progression standpoint, but remember the levels aren't supposed to be some kind of linear progression indicators. They mean very little outside unlocking costumes and are a pretty poor measure of how good someone is.