Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 373896 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: I played with X
« Reply #345 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:49 am »
Not even. I'm just Matthew at musegames.com or queso at musegames.com. I stole Keyvias's name.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:32:26 am by Queso »

Offline Sanji the Chef

• Salutes: 2
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 15, 2014, 02:30:53 pm »
I played with Grimick, RaineVirus, Goldenglade, and Shadowcombat last night/yesterday. Lots of fun to be had.

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2014, 04:08:54 pm »
Ran into a couple of crews of [Duck] people tonight. GGs, sorry for being very drunk and crashing into things. My crew of level 1 randoms got some good laughs out of it, and in spite of losing every time we fought against you guys, I think we held up reasonably well. It was an enjoyable learning experience :D

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2014, 10:21:41 pm »
I played with Ariden tonight. We exchanged cocktail recipes, and I now have a shopping list of boozey happiness for this weekend.

My main contribution: The Maximus family Southern Manhattan.
  • 2 shots Southern Comfort (or other whisky)
  • 1 shot dry vermouth
  • fresh lemon juice, about 1/4-1/2 a lemons worth.
Garnish with a lemon twist. Serve into a tumbler over ice.

It's the perfect drink for a hot summer's night.

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2014, 10:53:57 am »
I feel that makes it too sour. I am not a super huge fan of whisky, but I feel any drink where my lips pucker while drinking is not something for a summer's night.

I'd prefer something you can drink large gulps of that is instantly chilling.

Offline Wilderbrand

• Salutes: 1
    • [BOTT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 29, 2014, 01:08:19 am »
I played with Captain Spigge, He gave us biscuits. 11/10 would fly with again.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »
I played with Dutch, davnik and alison last night. We were playing like the Ducks flying on a junker called "The Sammy B.L.T"

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2014, 10:06:09 pm »
I played with an "i am leon" tonight. Level 1 gunner joining my ship. I checked his stats and he hadn't played any games. But he had played the tutorials, so he had that going for him.

I ask if it's his first match to test the waters. He says yes. So far so good: he responds. The match is close to starting so I offer to show him about my ship when the match starts.

We start the match and he doesn't seem to have a mic, but he responds to me when I talk to him. I show him up the ladder to my front right Pyra gun - a carronade. I tell him to load in the ammo with crosshairs (I checked his loadout beforehand) and stay on that gun and shoot balloons.

We go an entire match taking down balloons, stranding ships, and ramming them into the ground with beautiful coordination.

i am leon, you probably aren't on these forums yet, and maybe you won't be so friendly in future matches, but I played with you and it made me glad I got to fly you to victory for your first match.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2014, 11:35:49 am »
I don't always fly, but when I do, I fly with people. (And have one of my hands in a bowl of popcorn half the time.)

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2014, 11:22:49 pm »
(And have one of my hands in a bowl of popcorn all the time.)

fixt

Offline CitizenFry

• Salutes: 3
    • [☠]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 15, 2014, 01:22:53 pm »

fixt
But...if the hand is in the bowl of popcorn ALL the time, how does the popcorn get into your mouth?  :-X

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2014, 02:53:16 pm »

fixt
But...if the hand is in the bowl of popcorn ALL the time, how does the popcorn get into your mouth?  :-X
There is actually a handle at the bottom of the bowl that you lift the bowl to your mouth with, then pour the popcorn straight into your mouth.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2014, 07:40:01 pm »
Half the time*

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2014, 02:02:23 pm »
I flew under the command of Cold Curse for the first time over the weekend. He killed an enemy squid by backing over it with a galleon. He also killed a friendly squid by ramming an enemy pyramidion into it in the same match. He tried to convince the server that shooting a flamethrower off the back of a galleon will make it fly faster and made me apply the "afterburner" when moving between two points on Raid on the Refinery. He was convinced at one point we were playing a fishing simulator and the objective was to  to harpoon a ship named Salmon. My conclusions of this player is that he is a highly unstable individual and I would fly with him again in a heartbeat.

Offline Lochiel

• Salutes: 2
    • [GsC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 09, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »
Played with LeonXRoss this morning. He saved my day. Seriously.

Was introducing a friend of mine to GoIO in his TZ, not mine, so my friends list was offline. Which meant that MM gave us level 1-1-1 pilot after lvl 1-1-1 pilot. After an endless parade of trying to convince pilots that a gat/merc pyra wasn't as awesome as it looked, we eventually got a high level captain. Who disconnected right when the match starts. I understand, shit happens. No hate. Next match we get another high level captain; who subscribed to the "verbal abuse is training" school of thought and was unable to grasp that half his crew was new, still needed simple concepts explained to them, and perhaps would perform better if he explained instead of yelled. FYI, in case you didn't know this, mashing the "MAN FORWARD GUNS" audio button over and over again doesn't extend the range of my weapon. Perhaps that doesn't sound that annoying, but I was pretty frayed by the rest of my morning.

I enjoy training new players, but at this point I was done. Instead of exercising teamwork, I had spent a session fighting bad luck and shitty personalities. But my buddy wanted to go for another round.

And we got LeonXRoss, whose competent captaining, pleasant personality and ease of conversation saved my day. We got in a couple of matches before we all had to go, and it was wonderful. I don't remember if we won or loss, I don't care. We worked as a team. The crew taught each other and worked through issues. It was exactly why I play GOIO. Made my day so much better.

As for the MM; I will no longer fly with lvl 1-1-1 pilots. I will quit and play another game if nothing is available. I will not eat shit because Muse allows players who don't know heatsink rounds from a buff hammer to make major, game deciding choices.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:15:09 pm by Lochiel »