Author Topic: My issues with this game.  (Read 43032 times)

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
Re: My issues with this game.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 04:59:57 am »
Let me add one more major issue to that list:

There's a lot of people that DO NOT listen. And the community guidelines are about me being nice to them. But quite frankly I think they are assholes and treat them as such. Now for a muse developer: I reported quite a few people for not listening, what happened with those?

Also, this is a bleeding problem. While when I send out a corrective message in higher level games, people will shut up and let my target have it. But when I'm in a lower level game, they even go as far as to ready up so I cannot push the guy to leave or worse yet: they back him up.

I am often the captain and I get regular complaints from people that I'm always yelling at them, I send those complaints right back and tell them it's because they are not listening. But in the end it still stinks. Especially because when I do have a crew willing to do its job, I can be more patient and a much more friendly captain.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:34:30 am »
Hi QKO

if it's just your crew stick to your guns, ask the rest of the lobby to wait and point out they are now holding up the game and the longer they muck about the more people will be reporting them. If it's the lobby, change lobby.

One that happened to me was a guy spawning in a ship while everyone else was in a mobula because we'd been running all Mob matches (it was the day of the last update), despite the whole lobby asking him yo chnage he was "nuh uh - it doesn't say mobula only on the lobby title so I'm not going" so the whole lobby moved and started a new game with "THIS IS MOBULA ONLY" in the lobby title. Sometimes you take the mountain to Mohammed.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »
Once again, what do you expect Muse to do? Tell people they'd better listen or they'll be banned from the game? What can they possibly do with reports of players like that?

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 02:44:47 pm »
Once again, what do you expect Muse to do?

Easy.  Better options for setting up custom game types.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 02:49:37 pm »

I.... don't quite see how that would get rid of people not listening to captains.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 02:50:01 pm »
Well I'm sorry you haven't met too many of the experienced mature side of GoIO. Trust me they're there, but can sometimes be hard to spot depending on your time zone. If you're interested in real commitment there's always several clans out there looking for new members: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Now for a muse developer: I reported quite a few people for not listening, what happened with those?
Just a note on this though. Reporting is for people misbehaving, harassing, trolling, spamming etc. But simply not listening, though annoying, isn't breaking any rules.

Offline QKO

• [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 03:33:45 am »
Well I'm sorry you haven't met too many of the experienced mature side of GoIO. Trust me they're there, but can sometimes be hard to spot depending on your time zone. If you're interested in real commitment there's always several clans out there looking for new members: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Now for a muse developer: I reported quite a few people for not listening, what happened with those?
Just a note on this though. Reporting is for people misbehaving, harassing, trolling, spamming etc. But simply not listening, though annoying, isn't breaking any rules.
So basically, you're saying that the captain has no form of power? Wasn't there that thread with players leaving midgames and another thread of captains leaving midgame? Do you understand the implications of what you just stated?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 03:38:36 am »
Right, captains have no power

They need to lead and command by virtue of the respect their crew has for them

Offline QKO

• [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 03:43:27 am »
Which in the average internet game is... none.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 04:31:03 am »

I.... don't quite see how that would get rid of people not listening to captains.

It would obviously help with Jack's example - the one above your post.

If you can set-up a Lobby as a Mobula-only game, not permitting other ship types.

It would also help with some crew problems.

If Captains could set a role preference for each slot, not forcing someone into that role but making them click through an acknowledgement if their role is different.  That message would be in the default language for the player, helping with multinational crews.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 05:02:24 am »
Right, captains have no power

They need to lead and command by virtue of the respect their crew has for them

And if that doesn't work...break out the Chain of Command ;D

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 05:11:08 am »
You have Captains flying as gunner/Engineer instead of pilots.
You have Engineers that don't know what the hell a Repair cool down timer is. So they'll sit there hitting stuff over and over again thinking they're actually helping.
You have Pilots forgetting to press the '1' key so their abilities aren't running 24/7 "WHY DO THE ENGINES KEEP BREAKING!!" Ummm maybe because you're using moonshine constantly...
You have Engineers that think they're gunners and let the ship die because they were too busy shooting.
You have pilots that don't know where the guns are on the ship. (for example a galleon) They'll fly straight at the enemy instead of to it's side so it's weapons can actually fire at them.

It's a cool game and all but it feels like the only way to have fun is with some friends while you're buzzed. Other wise It's just a headache to play with randoms. :/

Do not tar us all with the same brush. perhaps you were playing with people who were new? did you offer them advice and suggestion on how to improve their performance? it's not all about how Badly someone plays, but how unhelpful everyone has been to that person. I used the training but was still quite unsure about a lot of things. The right crew and captains saw me progress into an allround fighter. you'll see by my stats im roughly the same level on all things and same gameplay as all three types as i constantly look for better ways to improve and teach others.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 07:19:57 am »

So basically, you're saying that the captain has no form of power? Wasn't there that thread with players leaving midgames and another thread of captains leaving midgame? Do you understand the implications of what you just stated?

Yes, as a player it's annoying with crew and captains leaving midgames. But we can't simply force teamwork, only encourage it. As in any other game with a chain of command, it's not against the rules not to work with your teammates. You have power to choose the ship, kick people off the helm and communicate with fellow captains, but having the team cooperate is up to the captain and crew themselves.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 07:54:16 am »
If you play with the same people regularly it mitigates a lot of problems tbh. I crew with a lot of different people so I will evaluate crews in terms of how much sanity I will sacrifice playing in that crew. Yesterday I was gunning on a ship where the level 2 captain had a crazy loadout on a junker, mercury/mortar on one side, gatling front and flamer/flak on the other side. After playing 1 match with this - I told the captain why it was a bad load out and suggested a load out he might do more with. He didn't change it so I left the crew.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 08:06:17 am »
If you play with the same people regularly it mitigates a lot of problems tbh.

Hence players complaining of stacking!! lol

It is actually pretty funny how many times a new player has called me on stacking. 90% of the time the guys on my team were all puggers and were literally new players also. They only knew how to communicate and responded well when instructed. Within a match or two, they were moving as a unit and dominating. Most did not want to change teams either. They had it with terrible matches in low levels and were overjoyed to be finally learning something and doing well.

Why I rarely respond to someone QQing about stacking anymore. Either hit block list if they are really vocal or ignore till they leave. Then theres the ones that rage more if you try to instruct them. Heck one time I gave away our entire gameplan, ways to counter it, and how they should advance on us. Nope, didn't work. Other team still was 7-0'd and it was a meatgrinder right from the start. Matched ended, was like...seriously? I just told you guys how to beat it and what to do but you still did the same stuff you did before.