Author Topic: GoIO VN Project  (Read 66135 times)

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
Re: GoIO VN Project
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2013, 11:24:01 am »
tbh I actually think green is better too.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2013, 12:00:04 pm »
Oh my Ccrack.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »
 :o I'll be in my bunk... ;)

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2013, 07:57:34 pm »
giggity

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 08:48:55 am »
Hey all been a while,

Just letting you guys all know that this project is still going strong. We have around 75,000 of the estimated 350,000 words writen for our stories and our art is coming along nicely.

The main reason for my post here is to whore our new website http://dustandair.vnovel.com/ where all news about our game and our studio (yes we're a studio now) can be found.

Cheers,

Qwerty

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 05:59:09 pm »
Nice to see you guys are doing so well. You've surely made me way more interested in visual novels than previously.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2013, 06:21:00 pm »
Wishing QWERTY all the best on his visual Novel escipades.

I found an article pertaining to these sort of thing here: http://koobazaur.com/writing-branching-game-conversations/

It might be an interesting read for the dev team.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2013, 08:28:11 pm »
Any updates?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2013, 02:13:48 am »
Neutral, Baronies and Arashi arcs are finished in draft form. Baronies needs some bridging and alternate scenes developed but otherwise its in tact. Anglean is about 40%. Chaladon is...well, we don't know. Qwerty had a little mishap and hes working to recover it. Guild arc will begin development next followed by Yesha.

Its looking very good. Some of the stories have some great light moments and then really dark moments. Its definitely going places you don't see VNs usually going. Well, specially in the west.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2013, 10:18:39 am »
Why not have the VN take place in GoI, not so much GoIO. It could fallow Gabriel's adventures on the Icarus.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2013, 10:21:20 am »
Why not have the VN take place in GoI, not so much GoIO. It could fallow Gabriel's adventures on the Icarus.

It takes place in the world of GoI/GoIO, with six arcs each taking place in one of the world's six factions.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2013, 11:09:07 am »

It takes place in the world of GoI/GoIO, with six arcs each taking place in one of the world's six factions.

That's actually my bad, this thread was the first thing I saw this morning and I had immediately jumped up to do other things. When I cam back and sat down I had posted based on what I had read before getting up, which was only the first page. Lol just ignore it.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2013, 08:38:35 pm »
Chaladon is saved, Qwerty is bouncing like a kangaroo de geso!

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2013, 10:06:20 am »
Hey everyone,

This is an open callout for artists. Our project is huge, even compared to professional works, it numbers among the larger ones having 7 arcs and over 350,000 words of written dialogue.
As this project is so large and our 2 artists have lives to lead they can not really manage the project on their own. Thus I am putting this callout out there.

We are looking for artists for our VN project 'All is Fair in Dust and Air'.
This is not some small fan project, we intend to make this a professional level project and aim for some form of release (Dream is to get onto steam)
The position is not payed, though if money is earnt through some form of steam release or kickstarter it will be given as deemed necassary by the team.
Knowledge of Guns of Icarus Online is NOT required to work on this project.
There is a lot of work to do (thus our splitting it up) and no real pressure or time requirements.

If anyone is interested or knows ANYONE that would be interested please drop a line here or PM me personally, I will also be recruiting on various forums around the web.

This project will happen one way or another.

Cheers,

Qwerty

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2013, 01:44:35 am »
Can't believe I'd forgotten about this project for so long.  I kept seeing the title and thought "Video novel" for some reason.  If you need anything, I'll be glad to help.  Though my strength is in writing, as some of you have seen, not so much in the art area.