Author Topic: What I Notice about GoIO and Why its Population has Been Decreasing  (Read 81034 times)

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
Re: What I Notice about GoIO and Why its Population has Been Decreasing
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:11 am »
No, I'm speaking from experience. People don't just get kicked, not in AVA, not in quakeworld, not in quakelive and not in quake3 or any other game up to this point. People have always been consenting adults with these kind of things and it has worked out great so far.

Good to see you in game - lets play a match or 2 together next time.

Anyway back to the debate. I have to admit though - I find your position paradoxical, if everyone is behaving like adults why do you feel you need a kick option? Yet I'm the one saying (a small minority of) persistently unreasonable players exist and need to be handled in a different  manner.
I didn't say everyone, I said people, as in people in general. Of course there's a percentage of people that are the targets of kicks because they are obviously not behaving like adults.

Of which there is a subset who are intentionally not behaving like adults and who will look for any mechanism  they can use to disrupt. In GoIOL for the most part this means typing inflammatory texts and or having inflammatory player or ship names as this is the only avenue open. Was in a doozy of a match lobby with a couple of these types yesterday,  I'm not going into details as this kind of person thrives on being talked about, however they "refused" to accept their player and ship names were offensive and went on to further push their, ahem, cause in voice chat. Suffice to say they bit off more than the could chew, and left the lobby after a few matches.

Offline Barujin

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 04:44:29 am »
I agree with Echoez. Specifically, I want more guns that I think are useful. I end up passing over so many guns since they seem to not be as effective as others. Beefing up the ones we have in usefulness would be a good start. What's strange is that the ones I don't use are seen in battle quite a lot. Do people just think they're fun to use? I admit to being confused on that one. On a side note, I think this game might not be very user friendly. What I mean is that maybe people just never realize much about the guns they're using. I like the suggestions people have made of being able to place actual GoIO ships into practice mode to see how effective the guns truely are against them before entering into a real battle with an experimental design. This would help out dramatically for new players learning the guns.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:46:45 am by Barujin »

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 07:00:16 am »
The thing about guns is anyone of them can be spectacularly lethal in the right hands , like ships, if you play to their strengths they can achieve interesting results.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be anymore guns ever, but even something as humble and overlooked as the banshee can wreak havoc if you know how to use it.

Personally speaking I know I can take a pyra or junker with gat/ flak or gat/ mortar and rack up kills, but if you don't mix stuff up, it gets stale fast, so I will often take a load out that is more challenging to get kills with, and in the process perhaps stumble on a hidden gem (looking at you flare gun).

The other aspect is that some guns require a deeper understanding of their restrictions, like the flak or the lumberjack. Or a deeper understanding of the ammo types and how they affect the weapons, like lochnagar.

Offline Hasu Kimchi

• Salutes: 1
    • [BDGR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 06:31:28 pm »
.... the process perhaps stumble on a hidden gem .

like mobula with full mine set?
secret op!

Offline Sailorman

• Salutes: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 11:26:37 pm »
like mobula with full mine set?
secret op!
Once I Fougth a Mobula with 4 mine launchers and a Harpoon, that pilot was a genius.