Author Topic: The Skies have no Limit Discussion  (Read 228535 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The Skies have no Limit Discussion
« Reply #435 on: October 23, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »
The idea with Alex and Richard was that they were going to infiltrate as servants (someone had to do it right?) without the full knowledge of what the others were doing. I kind of wanted to give them a more impulsive personality but that's beside the point.

Points From The Beginning:

-Infiltrate the Compound (Achieved)
-Assume identity (Achieved)
-Suddenly enter the dinner party and see Bdrline and find that their plan for total and unabashed destruction has failed (Yet to be achieved)

Pretty much all I had, Alex and Richard at this point are only armed with side weapons (Alex's Revolver and Richard has a pistol) and really are only going to get themselves in a ton of trouble in the long run, the rest of the crew can only follow whatever plan is decided in the meeting under Zankeif's warehouse.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2014, 09:50:52 pm »
Still working, but think its time to unlock the Skies have no Limit thread.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2014, 04:07:21 pm »
Sorry for the delay. I was traveling the past few days. Thread now unlocked.

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 01, 2014, 07:59:32 am »
Yay. RP'ing is starting back up. Though i'm very new to things so how do i go about contributing? I would very much like to be a part of this

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »
Jester at the moment I am currently making an ending to tie up the current quest/adventure/thing-y-y-y. Once that is done, if you have read previous threads, people usually write themselves in, be it entering the Saloon looking for a swig or conversation, or just happen to be in the city where people are located. Simple or grand, that's just the jist, and it's formatted like a script or a scene. But once I wrap this ordeal up I may continue with the Skies thread, starting off either in the Saloon or Inn, or make another thread altogether.(Which I have an idea of where to go and what todo next)

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #440 on: December 03, 2014, 10:49:35 am »
If ya make a new thread, that'll make it stick in with my current document naming convention.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2015, 10:43:55 am »
Okay, so I haven't been on the forums much in the past and I have no clue as to the state of No Limit.

I did have a chat with Bdr a while back and he did state he did have an end in mind, but I'm not sure how far off it was.

Having said that, Zill and myself have had small discussions here and there about possibly revamping the end of Burning Skies (I kinda need to fix the time span in the ending because I'm pretty sure I screwed that up royally when it was posted) and making a continuation of Burning Skies.

Now what does this mean for No Limit? Well, that's where it gets a bit tricky.
First, I realized I had no end game for the arc I had written in the thread. If Zill and I figure more things out, then that whole arc is non-cannon.

Second, for those who have posted in No Limit, it will likely have no impact due to the continuation of Burning Skies not affecting those characters (probably those who are not affiliated or loosely affiliated with Merry Men in that universe). However, there is a high chance that characters who have had substantial interaction with MM in this RP will be affected and as a consequence will cause conflicts between No Limit and the continuation. Which given how some parts might be okay and others not, brings me to...

Third, because of potential inconsistencies cause by a Burning Skies continuation, it could just cause the whole No Limit thread to be considered non-cannon. Zill and I recognize this is a worst-case scenario because of the time and effort you all have put into this since the end of Burning Skies.

So, if you made it this far, you're probably wondering what is the point of all of this and what am I asking. Well, two things. First, I'd like to hear from everyone that's posted their thoughts on a Burning Skies continuation. Second, I'd like to hear from you guys the state of No Limit and if there's any other issues I haven't noted.

Clear Skies,
Yiski

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 02, 2015, 09:05:15 pm »
We can finish the Limit, and then link it back to the Burning Skies and go off it again...

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 03, 2015, 12:46:37 am »
I've passed the baton, but No Limits is still close to my heart.

That said, things change and evolve. I don't think the effort and content poured into No Limit is deminished if it becomes NonCanonical. Plasma was sorta hanging around the end of Burning Skies, but I would have no problem with a reboot/remix.

No Limits has belonged to Bdr for a while now. It's really up to him!

Offline AdriaSummers

• Salutes: 3
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 03, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »
I wasn't around for/didn't do anything for either Burning Skies or No Limit, but I'd be interested in participating in a Burning Skies reboot after hearing the stories.  :)

Offline NorwegianWolf

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 2
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 03, 2015, 01:24:55 pm »
Same as Adria. Wasn't around for the Burning Skies back then, but I would love to be part of it now :)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 03, 2015, 02:43:59 pm »
I'd be willing to contribute with rather irregular posting schedules, probably with a different or similar cast of characters, probably scaled down a lot. It'll be fun.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2015, 01:24:54 pm »
i personally would like to bring a character aswell, itd be fun to have an anglean around, so much going on with the empire or the guild, barely anything from the republic

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 05, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »
Finishing what has been started. Hopefully I'll do post every Saturday.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 17, 2015, 11:14:12 pm »
Just need a poll, Crane or Ox?