Author Topic: Planes  (Read 22661 times)

Offline Tim the Enchanter

• Salutes: 1
    • [GMU]
    • View Profile
Re: Planes
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2013, 05:48:51 pm »
Ok after sitting in my captains quarters for a few hours I had an epiphany. I would not want AI to fly planes. For two reasons:

1.) plane AI would be unreliable and useless or they would be too good. Finding balance with AI is alot harder than finding balance with a player IMO.
2.) planes should be put in for the players enjoyment and the adding of another part of a crews tactics. Having AI fly planes, for me, would be like waving candy in front of a kid and saying you can never have it event though you can see it. Or like skyrims dragon born dlc where you could ride a dragon but its on rails and you never really get to fly it.

Plane idea: A plane with a pilot with a gun in the front and a gunner with a gun in a seat behind the pilot. The gunners gun is on a swivel that can turn in total 360 (with a safe zone of not shooting your plane of 210 degrees) you can move the gun 45 degrees up or 45 degrees down with a total of 90 degrees. This will require the pilot and gunner to communicate as well as the captain an the planes pilot to communicate for support, tactics, etc... Sorry if this was hard to read I'm on my phone right now and it's a lot harder than I thought

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 11:35:51 am »
We're a small team.  Implementing planes, especially ones that players can fly, is non-trivial.  We just don't have the time or money.  There may be opportunities in the future for this though so don't count it out.

And... absolutely no boarding.  Go play a different game if you want absolute and utter chaos :P  We don't have boarding or player weapons (pistols, etc...) for a very specific reason.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 11:37:45 am »
Yeah, if you want boarding, go play Air Buccaneers. This game is about airship combat, and that's final.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 12:46:16 pm »
Are NPC planes still on the table for adventure mode?
Is adventure mode still on the table?
Where is this table?
If we were to put donuts on the table would this cause adventure mode to materialize sooner?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 12:57:48 pm »
Are NPC planes still on the table for adventure mode?
Is adventure mode still on the table?
Where is this table?
If we were to put donuts on the table would this cause adventure mode to materialize sooner?

I'll chip in for the donuts :P

Offline Tim the Enchanter

• Salutes: 1
    • [GMU]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:42 pm »
We're a small team.  Implementing planes, especially ones that players can fly, is non-trivial.  We just don't have the time or money.  There may be opportunities in the future for this though so don't count it out.

And... absolutely no boarding.  Go play a different game if you want absolute and utter chaos :P  We don't have boarding or player weapons (pistols, etc...) for a very specific reason.

I understand this completely. I'm not trying to force planes down everyones throats (especially Muse's), I just wanted to talk about them and their future.

I have never agreed to boarding. I have never wanted it and never really will.

But thank you for the response and shedding some light on the situation!!  :D

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 02:15:22 am »
I think we need to throw more money at them.  I've been luring people in my GW2 guild to the game...  Crew for the Cloud Whaler.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:36 am »
I think we need to throw more money at them.

All the salutes.

:D

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:48 am »
I think we need to throw more money at them.  I've been luring people in my GW2 guild to the game...  Crew for the Cloud Whaler.

Take some of the suggestions for improvements and make them premium products..

I've already said on another thread that I'd happily pay for ship customisation or to register ship names as unique (I wouldn't pay a lot, but I don't see myself buying many more outfits).  Anything that isn't pay-to-win is fair game for income generation through the Steam micropayments system.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 03:42:40 pm »
if you want bording you can allways just recreate this game in garrysmod.

actully part of the appeal of this game for me was because it seems simmalar to the things i used to get up to in Gmod,  like making destructable galleons with a bunch of physics based weapons like harpoon cannons and torpedos that didnt explode, but had a massive spinning saw that would slice the ship in half instead. then cloneing it a bunch of times and having battles with my friends.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 04:01:49 pm »

i think this man has a very reasonable idea here.