Author Topic: Progress & Workload Distribution  (Read 71234 times)

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
Progress & Workload Distribution
« on: May 21, 2013, 07:51:51 am »
          Below is the same table from the Table of Contents discussion, and I'll regularly update it to fit within our plans. Only here, we'll write down which person is taking which task and which areas are completed already. That'll allow us to shift our ressources to where they're needed most!

It's a monumental task, but don't worry too much, because a lot of work has been done for us already. In many cases, we only need to fit the single parts together (actualize them, format them, make them fit with the rest of the Guide. The two latter may well be done once we've got all the single pieces together, so don't worry about that.)

Sources to take information, pictures, etc. from:
Guide Overview
If you are using a Guide by someone else, make sure they allow it! Send a friendly message their way, and tell us your sources, so that everyone that helped in any way possible receives credit! We don't want to steal stuff and make it look like we've done it, we want to combine already existing things with their authors consent into a proper manual.

HamsterIV has allowed us to take content from his Piloting Guide! Make sure to make good use of it, and thank him for his contribution!

White: Has not been claimed yet
Orange: Has a base / someone working on it
Green: Completed!

So, if you feel like writing something up on a section, post here! We need all the help we can get :) You'll also help a lot already if you can get in contact with a Guide author and ask for permission to use his/her Guide for this one here.

GoIO-Community Manual
  • Guns of Icarus Online (A general introduction of the game; like reviews on gaming-newspapers, etc. Mention of Adventure mode)(Kyren)
    • Developers (Introduction of Muse Games)(Kyren)
    • Community (Forum, Steam Groups, CA's, how to find Clans and people to play)(Kyren)
    • Features (Fancy advertising of all the ways to blow up ships)(Kyren)
  • How to get started(Kyren)
    • Requirements (Windows XP not supported, System Requirements, Internet Connection..)(Kyren)
    • Buying the Game & Creating an Account (Steam, all the other sites where you can get GoIO)(Kyren)
    • Making an Account(Kyren)
    • Starting the Game & Main Screen(Kyren)
    • Choosing a Role and Loadout(A quick explanation of the basics, all the details further down the guide)(Kyren)
    • Playing the Tutorials / Joining a Match(Kyren)
  • Gameplay Details
    • Roles & Loadout (Common Loadout examples (Spyglass & Pipe wrench for Gunner, i.e., explanation of all the single tools,)
      • Captain
        • Captain's Loadout(Prof. Giles Percy)
          • Kerosene(Kyren))
          • Hydrogen(Kyren)
          • Chute Vent(Kyren)
          • Spyglass(Kyren)
          • Moonshine(Kyren)
          • Tar Barre(Kyren)
          • Phoenix Claw(Kyren)
          • Impact Bumper(Kyren)
      • Engineer
        • Engineers Loadout
          • Pipe Wrench (Cul) (Available on the English Wiki)
          • Shifting Spanner(Cul)  (Available on the English Wiki)
          • Rubber Mallet(Cul)  (Available on the English Wiki)
          • Fire Extinguisher(Cul)  (Available on the English Wiki)
          • Chemical Spray(Cul)  (Available on the English Wiki)
          • BuffHammer/DynaBuff Industries Kit(Cul) (Available on the English Wiki)

• Gunner(Kyren)
        • Gunners Loadout(Kyren)
          • For Ammunition: See Weaponry
      • Progress: Achievements & Leveling(timmymonsta)
        • Leveling rewards(timmymonsta)
        • FAQ on Achievements(timmymonsta)
      • Ships: Basics(Queso/Kyren)
        • Overview(How do I take a ship down? In what order do things need to be repaired?)(Queso/Kyren)
        • Hull Armor & Health(Queso/Kyren)
        • Balloon(Queso/Kyren)
        • Engines(Queso/Kyren)
        • Guns(Queso/Kyren)
      • Ships: Details (Common loadouts and tactics for the single ships)
        • Goldfish (Kyren)
        • Pyramidion (Skrimskraw/Kyren)
        • Squid
        • Junker(Kyren)
        • Galleon(Kyren)
        • Spire(Kyren)
        • Mobula(Kyren)
      • Weaponry
        • Basics (Basics of how to shoot with a gun and what to aim for (Damage Types) and how to select and load Ammunition)
          • Guns in Detail (Damage numbers and types, ammunition suggestions, common combinations, effective uses & counters)
            • Artemis Rocket Launcher(Echoez)
            • Whirlwind Light Gatling Gun(Echoez)
            • Barking Dog Light Carronade(Echoez)
            • Beacon Flare Gun(Echoez)
            • Echidna Light Flak Cannon(Echoez)
            • Javelin Light Harpoon Gun(Echoez)
            • Mercury Field Gun(Echoez)
            • Scylla Double Barrel Mortar(Echoez)
            • Banshee Light Rocket Carousel(Echoez)
            • Phobos Mine Launcherl(Echoez)
            • Manticore Heavy Hwacha(Kyren)
            • Typhon Heavy Flak Cannon(Kyren)
            • Hellhound Heavy Twin Carronade(Kyren)
            • Lumberjack Heavy Mortar(Kyren)
          • Ammunition in Detail(Kyren)
          • Incendiary Rounds(Kyren)
          • Heavy Clip(Kyren)
          • Burst Rounds(Kyren)
          • Lochnagar Shot(Kyren)
          • Lesmok Shot(Kyren)
          • Greased Rounds(Kyren)
          • Heatsink Clip(Kyren)
[li]Lore(Lord Dick Tim)[/li]
  • History of the GoIO World(Lord Tick Tim)
  • Nations/Political Powers(Lord Tick Tim)
[li]Appendix[/li]
  • Credits
  • Clans & Guilds(N-Sunderland)
  • Jargon
  • GoIO-Timeline
[/list][/list][/list][/list]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:02:31 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Fluitaire

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Progress & Workload Distribution
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:39:36 pm »
I will take Guns of Icarus Online down to Features if you don't mind. I have already started work on the devs and the other parts shouldn't be hard to write up. I'll probably have to ask Howard for how he would like that first and last part to go though so it may end up being a collaboration.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »
Hmm, I'm willing to take most in-game topics, although for the Lore section I'd refer to Tim and Jess, considering they know the most. For each guide do we want a similar style, or is the knowledge more key to it?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:36:59 pm »
I could probably take ship basics. Do you want writing and images? Formatted as a forum post? Written as a guide or a wiki entry?

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 09:43:11 pm »
I want to work on lore, I really really do, but I think it might be best till we have all the faction information out there then it can be condensed down.

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 09:40:26 am »
Thanks for taking part in this to all of you!

Now, I've actualized the above list and colored it nicely, and I trust you'll tell me if I assigned you too much or too few. I'm sorry for the delay in replying on this, but I'll be able to keep track of it pretty good during this week. Not that we're in any hurry, I just won't keep you waiting if there's anything.

Wazulu, I'll direct Shinkurex here because he's expressed interest in the Gunnery parts, and maybe the two of you can pick out some topics you both feel comfortable with writing about!

It's not about taking a huge chunk of work, just, all of you, take topics you'd like to talk about - We haven't even released this to the public (meaning making it visible for the rest of the forum), so there'll be plenty of people still who'll like to have a piece of the Manual.

I could probably take ship basics. Do you want writing and images? Formatted as a forum post? Written as a guide or a wiki entry?

Writing and images, aye! And I'd personally prefer a forum post, I find it very easy to convert BBcode to any other formats. You don't need to worry about the formatting much, we'll have to bring all of the Manual in one form at the end anyways!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:23:33 am by Kyren »

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 10:47:17 am »
I'm guessing I can write it more personally? More like a friendly guide than a sterile article right?

Offline Fluitaire

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 06:53:11 pm »
Do you have an official deadline you'd like to set or is this just going to be a running thing that never gets done?

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:21:35 pm »
I'd love to do the tools of the game, but its better if I don't bite off too much at once. To start, I can take the engineer's tools, starting with  the Pipe Wrench and ending at the DynaBuff Industries Kit.

Also, I think that the captain's position and the pilot role should be kept separate. I wrote a little deal on the captain position, but it needs some careful editing- I wrote it while trying to be as detached from the pilot role as I could. You can read it here and decide if its usable as a base. https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1251.0.html

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 04:32:09 am »
I'm guessing I can write it more personally? More like a friendly guide than a sterile article right?

Yes, sure! As a Community Manual, it should have the feeling of coming from the Community. Besides, the ingame Manual is a quite relaxing read too, in my opinion.

Do you have an official deadline you'd like to set or is this just going to be a running thing that never gets done?

I'm afraid we just couldn't manage a deadline, as we don't have all the topics taken yet and I can't really predict how many takers we'll have here still, and how many more we'll find once we open this forum to all the players. I'm personally going with the approach that I'll just take everything that's left over and finish it myself in the end if necessary (with getting as much professional input as possible), but it's a bit too early yet to decide that we're not going to finish this. I'm under time pressure until the 22nd where I'll have my fancy final exam, but from then on I'll get heavily involved myself too. If you can trust my word on it, I aim to and I will get this manual done :P If only to resign afterwards because I'm spent!

I'd love to do the tools of the game, but its better if I don't bite off too much at once. To start, I can take the engineer's tools, starting with  the Pipe Wrench and ending at the DynaBuff Industries Kit.

Also, I think that the captain's position and the pilot role should be kept separate. I wrote a little deal on the captain position, but it needs some careful editing- I wrote it while trying to be as detached from the pilot role as I could. You can read it here and decide if its usable as a base. https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,1251.0.html

I'll assign you the Engineer's tools for now :) Thank's already!

Yep, I saw the Captains Guide when I added it to the Guide list :) I think it'd do very well as a base. Probably discouraging some players from taking the Captain's role immediately, because it clarifies the responsability that comes with it, but at least then we'd have less people complaining about Captain's leaving their post because they're better with gunning. Let's take it as a base! For the comfort of the larger playerbase that maybe doesn't make a distinction between Pilot and Captain, we'll have to explain this at some point though.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 11:34:18 am »
While writing up stuff about the engineer tools, I realized that I already wrote most of that for all of the tools... On the Wiki, anyway. I was just repeating what I already wrote about there. What sort of stuff should I write about for the engineer tools?

http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Pipe_Wrench

Here's an example of the sort of stuff I already wrote. Is it usable? What topics or things in general should I add in order to make the section acceptable?

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 05:43:48 am »
That's more than suitable, Cul. We'll have to keep it nice and easy for the tools, people will want to quickly skim over them and know when to use them. Ships deserve bigger parts, the roles likely too, but for the tools, this will do fine!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 07:56:28 am »
I can handle parkour for all the ships.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:06 am »
I also believe that the pilot's tools are all fine on the wiki, so those can be used as well! I also believe that the weapon descriptions are acceptable, but they would need double checking before use. Two of the ammos for the gunner are also good in my opinion- heatsink and Lochnagar. However, the others are lacking. For the sake of writing it up on the table of contents above, I'll take all of the pilot's tools, the light and medium guns, as well as the gunner's ammo. Let me know what needs revising outside of the ammo category.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 03:43:51 pm »
-Muse- Cullen

Community Ambassador

:P