Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 316960 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: The Mobula
« Reply #465 on: August 01, 2013, 04:09:52 pm »
The large smoke stack might be obvious if it cracked and moved to a more horizontal position.

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 01, 2013, 04:16:17 pm »
what about a pilot tool that lets you gauge an enemy ships component damage?

though something like that might be a bit over powerd, maybe make it do a rough estimate or someting instead

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 01, 2013, 04:36:39 pm »
The large smoke stack might be obvious if it cracked and moved to a more horizontal position.

and destory the easter egg! .... i might just have to. . .

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2013, 04:37:54 pm »
It could spill out!

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2013, 04:02:26 am »
Portions of the deck could be ripped up slightly ... ?

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2013, 07:42:19 am »
I don't think anyone would complain if the collision geometry of strange places to be, i.e. the tail and fins, or even the "beaks" at the front, were not quite right when the ship was almost dead. Especially if it only meant they could "walk on air"... So the fins becoming buckled and partially destroyed as a first stage of damage should work, and maybe they could be destroyed completely or very mangled as a second stage.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2013, 10:14:33 am »
The cage thing next to the bottom guns could be bent after damage. Maybe even the little house area where the pilot is, and his little pointed markers in front of him could crumple and deform.

And what's this about an easter egg?

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2013, 10:41:56 am »
And what's this about an easter egg?
Try to look inside the smoke stack sometime.  :)

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 02, 2013, 09:56:49 pm »
I don't think placing rear ladders will help much - getting into the components housed in the wing areas is easy, getting back out via ladder is the bottleneck, just adding another ladder gives you a choice of bottlenecks, given that engies will probably be hovering around the components in the middle or gunning, it's rare that you have to spend any length of time on the turning engines. Making the jump from rear turning engine platform onto the turning engine cowling more reliable would firstly make you chose between the slower ladder or running to the rear jump point  and secondly be in keeping with the hidden engineer courses that all ships have, except the current incarnation of the Mobula.

Just out of interest is is possible to make ladders across the board responsive to jumping - ie you can jump onto them to start climbing?

Also adding team colour pennants into the visual area of the captain on the Mobula would be very helpful.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2013, 10:58:34 pm »
Just out of interest is is possible to make ladders across the board responsive to jumping - ie you can jump onto them to start climbing?

You already can jump at ladders to get on them. I do it all the time on things like the Junker to save a half second or so getting to the turning engines.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2013, 11:30:09 pm »
You already can jump at ladders to get on them. I do it all the time on things like the Junker to save a half second or so getting to the turning engines.

I don't have a clear memory of failing to jump onto those ladders but the Pyra ladder definitely won't have any of it and neither will the Mobula - though it could be how I'm trying to do it. I'll sandbox this later and check.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 03, 2013, 01:34:58 am »

I don't have a clear memory of failing to jump onto those ladders but the Pyra ladder definitely won't have any of it and neither will the Mobula - though it could be how I'm trying to do it. I'll sandbox this later and check.

I sometimes have problems jumping to the lower guns on a mobula because the ladders are like magnets, snapping me out of the air. Kinda funny to me that you have the opposite experience.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 03, 2013, 02:55:33 am »
I sometimes have problems jumping to the lower guns on a mobula because the ladders are like magnets, snapping me out of the air. Kinda funny to me that you have the opposite experience.

jumping down is one thing, jumping to climb up is another, though again it could be where I'm trying to jump from is the issue.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 03, 2013, 07:55:27 pm »
in regards to the damaged states of the ship, things like bending fences is fine and dandy except it doesn't really help your enemy (wait what. . ). i mean other ships can't really see that small detail changing so it doesn't really help to much from a gameplay perspective. (though i'll probably bend some fences regardless) I'm also curious, if you guys had the choice which would you rather prefer, not being able to walk on the front "rams" so i could destroy them for the damage states, or be able to walk on them and be "floating" if i damage them during the damage states. i tend to feel everyone more or less likes some kind of freedom of being able to get to places on ships that don't necessarily have a purpose for the fun of it, but what do i know :P

as far as ladders go, once the back ladders go in, tell me if you start experiencing problems accidentally snapping to ladders. i ended up expanding the back "balconys" a bit to avoid that being an issue. as far as front ladders go i dont think i can possibly win with them. initially there was complaints of it being to hard to get onto the ladders >>; its some crazy balancing act i have to do to make sure its easy to get on but not TO easy. oddly enough, for those with ladder problems is there a side on the mobula which you experience it more?

Offline Ccrack

• [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 03, 2013, 09:05:59 pm »
the only problem iv had with the ladders is trying to spot the bloody things, and with the rams can you make it so you can walk on them as long as they arnt damaged? if not then not being abel to walk on them would be fine as a compramise for having more obvious damage indicators