Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 319941 times)

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The Manta Ray
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »
sorry im just guessing here, works computers have blocked your pictures so im doing evertyhing with my imagination... a Flying whale with a shit-ton of guns on it... xD what springs to your mind? xD

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »
Well the main use I see for all those guns is to have one side be for brawling (so gatflak) and the other for sniping or utility (mercs or flare/mine launcher). I've already thought of loads of different possible builds... This thing is gonna be really versatile.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2013, 06:33:05 pm »
Might be fun with 2 Mercs on one side, 1 artemis on top (near the pilot), and an artemis/gatling combo on the other side. If you're far enough away from trouble, you might be able to have 2 mercs and 2 artemis firing at the same time.

It would definitely be a lot weaker at close range, but gatlings are pretty good. =]

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
right now my load out is anything that can turn more then 5 degrees left or right, and its absolutely beautiful to see from the helm seeing all those streaks around you merging into one point . . mind you i'm no expert but i figure gotta take advantage of where the guns are facing . . lenz decided to be the "8 armed dragon"what ever the hell that means (lenz. . there's only 5 guns. . ). . . flamethrowers and shotguns. . . ends up looking like a god damn fire breathing dragon from afar.

on a side note, currently? ships not to far off from the concept art overall, except its alot thinner/smaller overall since i drew it a bit fatter then i would have liked. . also. . . . i find it legitimately scary repairing certain places on this ship. . . from an atmospheric perspective. . .

and yea, random testing today, lots of random testing.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2013, 08:37:48 pm »
That's great to hear! I'm really, really looking forward to this thing.

Might be fun with 2 Mercs on one side, 1 artemis on top (near the pilot), and an artemis/gatling combo on the other side. If you're far enough away from trouble, you might be able to have 2 mercs and 2 artemis firing at the same time.

It would definitely be a lot weaker at close range, but gatlings are pretty good. =]

The side guns are each off 45° from the front. For guns from opposite sides to get in arc with each other, the combined arc has to be 90°. The merc has 20° in either direction, and the Artemis 64°. It's impossible to get both in arc at long range.

I've got a few builds in mind for sniping. There's the brawler/sniper with a focus on brawling (two mercs, front gat, gatflak), brawler/sniper with sniper focus (two mercs, front Artemis, gatflak), and the brawler/sniper + utility (one merc front or side, Artemis front or side, mine launcher, gatflak).

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:13 am »
Bleh. I wasn't looking closely at the angles they were facing. Oh well, a man can dream....

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2013, 12:59:50 am »
But Sunderland... If you had the lower four guns as flare guns, you could have a never ending stream of flares ...

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2013, 06:38:45 am »
But Sunderland... If you had the lower four guns as flare guns, you could have a never ending stream of flares ...

Dangit! you saw through my plot! Machiavelliest! :(

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2013, 06:53:39 am »

Dangit! you saw through my plot! Machiavelliest! :(
Let the Flare Games BEGIN!

Offline Machiavelliest

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2013, 09:46:58 am »
DRACARYS

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2013, 12:26:53 am »
There were a few seconds of Manta footage in the biweekly update for Adventure Mode, and it was enough to notice a few things:

-The main deck seems to have a pretty different design from what's seen in the concept art (even accounting for its unfinished state and all)
-The lower deck guns stick out more than the concept art makes it seem. In fact, there's a ladder leading directly from them to the main deck.
-As suspected, the hull component is located below deck. It's in an area about midway between the lower turning engines and guns
-I didn't see any sign of a tunnel connecting the lower guns, but I didn't get a good view on the hull area, so there might be something there.
-The ladder visible in the concept art appeared to be absent. Maybe it was dropped in favour of having one at the front.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2013, 05:30:21 am »
I kinda wished the vid had more. Most of it was explaining that the KS stuff is getting out and then the Manta and the art bit were sorta tacked on at the end. Think a better closing would have also noting the work that has been done on the factions and such. Then encourage people to keep an eye out for coming updates as more are completed.

I'm honestly more concerned about seeing work progressing than some swag that has to be on order anyways and will take time to get here. Like updates on this ship and the mine launcher. Glimpse at 1.3 and maybe a look at the first changes we'll be seeing in prep for Adventure mode. Unless your saving that for E3. If so, then don't spoil the surprise!!! But hint at it!!

Course all ya gotta do is say Hydro fix or Squid fix and I'll be bouncing off the walls.

Offline Machiavelliest

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2013, 04:48:51 am »
With the 45 degree cant, I expect to see a merc/Artemis four-pack or a merc trio shredding enemy ships outside of almost all weapon ranges at a furious clip. We'll see, but I'm calling it.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2013, 07:31:59 am »
It's mathematically impossible. The merc has 20° of arc in either direction.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:33 am »
Math? pffff it's about BELIEF! Why you think I fly through tar! I BELIEVE it wont hurt me and it doesn't! The same rules apply here.

And where in the everliving hell is this video you crazy people are talking about? It might be my 36 hours without sleep but I can't seem to find it anywhere.