Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 322143 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: The Manta Ray
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2013, 12:01:26 am »
The ship looks very heavy. Probably moves like a galleon but with forward firepower like a Spire. It will have to have high hull hp because it has a lot of surface area. Attacking from on high will mean death for it.

Offline AWildGodzilla

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
    • My Stream Site on ocassions.
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2013, 01:27:35 am »
MUSE make me a Harpy and I will donate my car to your ship designer! ok maybe not but I have a nice bicycle I can donate XD.

4 guns, 3 forward 1 rear, with the manta having to keep the enemy ship in a perfectly center position to hit with all 3 guns. I think that would be extremely cool. HP,speed, turning that's passed off to the balance guys with the slide rules XD.

@ Letus anything with a balloon wider than a goldfish is lumberjack bait.
You guys did notice the balloon is under .. its lumberjack proof ? the lumberjack is gonna hit the hull ._.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2013, 02:01:44 am »
This ships biggest weakness might be from biplanes if it turns slow.  Wouldn't be able to get a gun on any of them for very long if they move out of the firing arcs to fast.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 06:22:59 am »
MUSE make me a Harpy and I will donate my car to your ship designer! ok maybe not but I have a nice bicycle I can donate XD.

4 guns, 3 forward 1 rear, with the manta having to keep the enemy ship in a perfectly center position to hit with all 3 guns. I think that would be extremely cool. HP,speed, turning that's passed off to the balance guys with the slide rules XD.

You guys did notice the balloon is under .. its lumberjack proof ? the lumberjack is gonna hit the hull ._.

Lumberjack against the hull is a pain. You can still shoot it with a pretty decent upward arc though so it shouldn't be that big a deal to hit the balloon. Excited to see the ship in action though.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:57 am »

Not exactly, It'd be pretty much lumberjack proof if the Manta flew close to the ground at all times, but if you had a lumberfish get under it, the extreme vertical arc of the lumberjack would be able to decimate it... just throw some incendiary rounds in and watch the mayhem happen

Edit... dangit queso beat me to it

Offline Moo

• Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2013, 06:38:47 am »
It gives a good use for those now strangely upward-preferring carronades.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2013, 06:42:28 am »
Actually, with the burst radius, wouldn't the Lumberjack still hit the balloon?

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2013, 09:54:14 am »
something i'm now planning on making sure i test out once the ship is actually made reasonably testable. . .

but as of now. . i accidentally did a thing. . (Disclaimer: and no. these are in no way shape or form anywhere near final stats, this was more for me to test my side of things, in regards to running around the ship and well. . having a good time >> << sooo disregard this as i pretty much copied some of the other ship stats for testing purposes)

Offline Arthem White

• Salutes: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2013, 10:04:54 am »
something i'm now planning on making sure i test out once the ship is actually made reasonably testable. . .

but as of now. . i accidentally did a thing. . (Disclaimer: and no. these are in no way shape or form anywhere near final stats, this was more for me to test my side of things, in regards to running around the ship and well. . having a good time >> << sooo disregard this as i pretty much copied some of the other ship stats for testing purposes)

You might as well call it The Spinning Top then =)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:39 am »
The Manta Ray does not turn. You simply put in the direction you want it to face and it instantly faces that direction.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2013, 10:11:59 am »
the real joy wasn't so much turning. . it was moving up and down. . i started to move up and the entire ship seesawed upward at least 20 degrees as it nearly instantly reached the max height. . . and then i decided to try this with hydrogen, . . which led to the destruction of my ship. . . . . . .  via hitting the ground. . .

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:03 am »
TEST VIDEO!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:45 am »
the real joy wasn't so much turning. . it was moving up and down. . i started to move up and the entire ship seesawed upward at least 20 degrees as it nearly instantly reached the max height. . . and then i decided to try this with hydrogen, . . which led to the destruction of my ship. . . . . . .  via hitting the ground. . .

Video. Now.

Offline Captain Magellan

• Salutes: 13
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2013, 11:04:40 am »
Awwww, man Muse, that looks beautiful. It looks a little sluggish to me but I'll still fly it simply because of how beautiful it is. Make sure that brass is as bright in game! I love where the pilot wheel is!

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2013, 01:15:52 pm »
LoL irght not it is anything BUT sluggish XD.
Seriously we want videos of silly stuff like that.