Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 437979 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2015, 02:49:01 pm »
"No, there's a few more around somewhere. And his table manners ARE the only thing I'm excusing. There's a reason hew was an NCO and not an officer. It was more beneficial for him not to be behind a desk, and instead in the field."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2015, 03:13:37 pm »
"I know of a couple of people who would be better in the field than behind a desk."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 24, 2015, 03:24:08 pm »
"Then you understand. He was never an officer because a) he hates paperwork and b) he hates politics."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 24, 2015, 03:41:19 pm »
"You say that like there are people who genuinely like politics." He shrugged and stood, taking his plate to the counter and unceremoniously dropped it there. "And nobody likes paperwork, not even the people who like paperwork like paperwork.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 24, 2015, 03:51:48 pm »
Alison smiles at the comment. "Perhaps. But he hates them with a burning passion."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 24, 2015, 04:03:07 pm »
"The only thing that should be burning are pointless political referendums and the countless piles of statistical reports and inconclusive case studies regarding the use of weapons in general society. Why do we need to study the uses of weapons in society, is it not obvious what they're used for?!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 24, 2015, 04:07:33 pm »
"..............I think you and Alister will get along just fine. Just give him room when he eats."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 24, 2015, 04:12:59 pm »
"The only thing that can get between a man and food is a world shattering crisis, I quote my sister on that."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 24, 2015, 04:16:01 pm »
"Yep. You two will get along juuuuuusst fine. Hopefully your not a hothead though. There's a dangerously high margin of those aboard, myself included." She remembers a very important piece of information, and addresses tho whole room. "Nobody goes down to the brig. Not without me or Alister. We have a guest. A very dangerous guest, currently booked into the iron-bar hotel."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:17:48 pm by Carn »

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 24, 2015, 04:28:02 pm »
"Let me guess, a highly psychopathic criminal? That doesn't sound safe at all, why are we bringing him? I can't think of any reason that justifies bringing along such a person on an expedition to explore the south." He misses the subtle change in expression on everyone's faces, too absorbed in thought.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 24, 2015, 04:31:16 pm »
"I didn't make the call. The Commander did, and he's the one who writes the check."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 24, 2015, 04:44:02 pm »
He sighed, "Figures the man paying us is also the guy who gets to make the questionable calls of authority." He shook his head, "So other things to discuss, who else is on this expedition, there's you, me, guy in the corner eating his chicken, Al, the plucky blond who was giving you all a dead eye glare, and this Commander. Anyone else I should know about?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 24, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »
"Captain Morgan, the one sharing the command position. Also, I wouldn't call him Al to his face. Either Alister, or Carn. Mr. Carn if you want to be nice. There's also a short orphan boy who seems to be constantly sunburned. No idea where he is. The Commander has also decided to join us. The blonde's name is Amelia."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 24, 2015, 05:08:14 pm »
"Well, if the fact that I'm eating chicken is all you know about me I think an introduction is in order."

Still holding the chicken carcass by it's leg, the man in the corner strides up and sticks out his free hand.

"The name's Gaige.  Tinker, airship qualified engineer, crack shot, and verified badass.  No, seriously, I have a certificate from the Guild.  Not the Mercentile Guild, either."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2015, 05:11:37 pm »
Transport, Cargo Bay

Startled, Frey looks up and sees Regean coming over.

"My apologise Captian, I assume this is yours? I was just admiring it.

Merchant District

Sitting in the chair waiting for the waiter, Courgae remembers why he came inside the restaurant. Turning around he sees several people looking at him with curious looks, two of which are Dalhia and Lorena.

"Hehe, hey guys," he nervously chuckles with a wave.