Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1190471 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1320 on: April 20, 2013, 03:41:57 pm »
Zill waved to Sky, but was too intrigued by Yiski's designs. Some were too complicated, but some did have merit. He grinned at the thought of their tactical use.
"I hope some of these smaller ones come into focus. Our rear is lighter simply due to our normal flak battery's size. If we can get more, lighter alternatives, it would become quite the gauntlet."

Jun'ko chatted with Ny-Lee about her dress.
"So tell me what it looks like! Oh better yet, you need to show me some time!"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 20, 2013, 06:54:43 pm »
*Ny-Lee passes out a few drinks to some people that came in*
*Once she handed the last one, she goes to Jun*

"Oh I won't forget. But you should have seen the gown, even it took the whole evening, it was gorgeous."

*The door opens and BdrLine goes in*

"Hey brother. Let me guess, a Hellfire. And where is mother. "

*BdrLine goes to the bar and take a seat*

"Hey Ny, Jun, Zill, and yes you know me too well."

*Ny-Lee goes and hands a mug to him*

"It's one of the few drinks you actually drink here, anything other then that something bad happens to you."

"Yeah yeah *Sacastically* But mother, she out in the center looking for decorations and to send out the invitation"

*Takes a sip*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 20, 2013, 07:39:17 pm »
--Academy Armory--

*Sky and Yiski arrive at the armory. There Yiski drops a few designs off to the gunsmiths and glances over at the bullet press. Yiski spots a few merc rounds and Yiski smiles when he notices they've got the tungsten coating.*

"Commander, I see you've managed to spot the rounds. We made them overnight and they're ready for testing."

"Perfect. Set up galleon armor and give it double... er triple thickness. We can't have the round pierce through the range wall again."

"Understood."

*Sky and Yiski head out to the range and watch as a few trainees line up three 4" plates against each other. Since the mercury was going to be used, the each armor plate was about the size of a person. A gunsmith brought out the tungsten rounds for firing. Yiski placed the mercury about 1 km and loaded the mercury.*

"FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

*The shot rang out, but there was an unforeseen consequence: The additional propellant used gave the mercury a much stronger recoil and knocked Yiski back, almost dislocating his shoulder. Sky went up to the plates to inspect the damage. Yiski rubbed his shoulder.*

"Skies, that had a kick to it. Make a note fellas, we gotta redesign a mercury to handle this recoil."

*Yiski walked up to Sky whose jaw was dropped. Yiski then looked at what Sky's was looking at and his jaw dropped too. Upon further inspection, the group figured the tungsten round had pierced the first plate easily and lodged itself into the second plate. The explosion created a massive hole in the second plate, warped metal around the entry of the first plate, and dented the third plate.*

"So, I'll call this a success. So Sky, you think you could use this on your planes?"

*Meanwhile, Roland found himself at an engraver's workshop. After talking to the head engraver, the two agreed the engraver would polish and detail the two wedding bands. Roland would be able to pick up the bands tomorrow. Pleased with their agreement and the price, Roland hurried back to the saloon to help out Ny-Lee.*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 20, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »
*BdrLine finishes his Hellfire and takes a look around the room*
*He notices that two bartenders are missing from the scene*

"Hey Ny where is Yiski and Roland? Are you the only one work today?"

*Ny-Lee replaces her brothers mug and hives him a fresh one*

"For now yes. Yiski is out at the armoury taking some blueprints and my Roland is out doing something wedding related."

*BdrLine shrugs in acceptance of the answer and takes the new mug*
*He turns to Zill who is looking at some designs of somesort, puzzled he asks*

"So Zill looking at something interesting?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 20, 2013, 09:52:53 pm »
*Roland enters the saloon and sees Ny-Lee working. Just as he approaches her, Ny-Lee sees him and dashes to him and jumps into him. Roland catches her and places her back down. Roland and Ny-Lee laugh and kiss each other.*

"I guess you missed me darling?"

"Yup. Your wedding plans going well?"

"Yes."

"Still not going to tell me, are you?"

"Nope." *Roland kisses her.* "You will have to wait."

*While the couple get lost in each others' gaze, BdrLine turns away from the love and downs his Hellfire.*

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 20, 2013, 09:57:02 pm »
*Once Sky recovered from his shock, he says*

"Yiski, imagine there were a hundred bullets firing into the side of a spire. If they were normal rounds they wouldn't put a dent. But if it were these rounds, they could punch holes into their armor. And if it hit the powder magazine... I certainly would take these things into combat. Right now I'm not fighting any heavy armored targets, but when I do I expect these to be the main ammo. Also if infantry can carry it then its fine."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 20, 2013, 11:11:55 pm »
*Not wanting to be in front of the two lovebirds any longer, BdrLine downs the rest of the Helffire and pulls out a coin purse and place it on the counter*

"Ok I'm done for the day. I'm heading home, see you all tomorrow"

*Roland looking at the pouch on the counter and looks back at BdrLine*

"Um, what with the money?"

"Oh, that's the money I own on my tab, thought I can pay it off today."

*he gets up and heads out to his home at the docks*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 20, 2013, 11:29:04 pm »
--Armory--

*What should have been a quick drop off of designs turned into a full day of redesigning the mercury rifle to handle the new recoil caused by the tungsten rounds. Consequently, Yiski and the team of gunsmiths were at an impasse with two choices. One: Make a new gun, but the new gun could only be fitted to ships with a medium brace. Two: Reduce the propellant in the round, but sacrifice serious piercing power.*

"Commander, what if we increase the breach of the rifle?"

"Skies, we've gone over that it would comprise a small brace and the larger breach would cause a severe reduction in muzzle velocity."

*Yiski was getting frustrated. He had created a new round which could tear through any armor, but the current recoil would guarantee only a few shots could be fired before the operator's body would give out. He kept pouring over all the designs. Nothing gave him the solution.*

"Dammit. It's gettin' late. We'll figure this out later."

"But Commander, is it alright to leave it like this?"

"The problem will still be here in the mornin'."

*Yiski leaves the Academy and heads for the saloon. Along the way, he spots BdrLine heading to the docks.*

"You're headin' in early."

"Well there's only so much romance I can handle in a day. Oh and I paid off my tab."

"Good man. Speaking of tabs, I need to see who I need to collect from. Well, night BdrLine."

"Later Yiski."

*As the men parted ways, BdrLine felt a chill down his spine. He was glad he always paid his tabs timely. The last thing he wanted to experience was Yiski wielding a gatling at him.*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 21, 2013, 12:18:06 am »
--NARRATOR--

Even though Yiski left the Armory, Skyraider stayed behind and looked over possible design solutions with a few gunsmiths. He felt Yiski was missing a simple solution. Eventually, Skyraider also called it a night.

Roland and Ny-Lee were busy maintaining the saloon. Zill was happily watching Jun'ko playing the piano and keeping an eye on any would-be patron who got too close to her. After last night's events, there was a healthy two foot space around Jun'ko which became no-man's land. When Yiski got back, he relayed the days progress of the tungsten ammo and his subsequent stall.

Eventually, everyone went to their respective rooms.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 74--

Sorry for the lazy close, but there are lazy people who need to post more. (ಠ_ಠ)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03:48 am »
--START OD DAY 75--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski woke up a little later than usual. He spent a good portion of the night trying to figure out how to make the tungsten round work with the mercury without the heavy recoil. By the time Yiski went out into the main floor, he saw Ny-Lee, Zill, and Jun'ko, but no Roland.

"Where's Roland?"

"Nice to see you finally up Yiski. The kid said he had to stop by somewhere to pick up something."

"I see."

Yiski went around to the bar and started pouring himself a Hellfire. Zill shook his head.

"Don't you think it's a little early?"

"Hey, some people drink coffee, others, Hellfire."

"You mean only you drink Hellfires, and everybody else drinks coffee."

"Meh. Details."

As Yiski drinks his Hellfire, he had an idea. He didn't finish his Hellfire and bolted out the door. The three left couldn't respond fast enough to what was going on. Suddenly, Yiski popped his head inside.

"Sorry, but you guys mind watching the saloon for a bit. I just figured out something."

Again, before a response was had, Yiski was gone again. This time causing the three to chuckle.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 22, 2013, 12:38:16 pm »
A courier entered the Saloon and gave Zill a parchment. It was his inside report on all the workings of the City. These came in everyday and normally didn't merit much, but today's was interesting.
"Guess that's what Yiski is working on. Oh Flak, I need to head out too. I'll be back in a bit."

Jun'ko caught up to him before he could walk out the door, lifted his bandana mask, and kissed him. He grinned and made his way to the Rear Wall. The cleanup there was going too slow and he needed to intervene. He got on top of the wall and requested the Officer. He came quickly.
"Greetings Admiral."

"Ahoy. What's taking so long with getting the batteries and gate fixed?"

"Well sir, the mines you had deployed are proving worry-some to relocate. Since they are now armed, the troops don't want to go near them."

Zill can only laugh. The Officer was confused.
"Sir?"

"Let me tell you a secret. Those mines were always armed, even before deployment. Now go get them and don't drop them. It takes some good force to get them to blow but its never an exact science."

The Officer had a blank stare, as did the guards around them. Zill just laughed again and organized a team to collect the undetonated mines.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 22, 2013, 12:57:54 pm »
* slowly walks into the saloon*

"Ahoy! men, im back from chaladon, what a hell hole that was. I come bearing a present for our new "striker", speaking of which where is he. Anyway its all that the chaladonians were talking about."

*Presents a small wooden box*

"a little gift from Commodore Lockheart, its a striker badge, a new one the baronies asked me to deliver"

*Puts box on the bar*

"a hellfire would hit the spot right now"

*starts smoking his pipe*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 22, 2013, 01:08:10 pm »
Jun'ko prepares the Hellfire and rolls it over to Lockheart. She seems a little confused though.
"So you say Chaladon is a hell hole. All of the stories I've heard about it speak of a landscape much to that of pre-war. I can only imagine it to be a beautiful place.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 22, 2013, 01:28:27 pm »
*At the docks, BdrLine and Liu heads out of Bdr's home*

"Azn, I'll be heading off to the center again to finish the wedding preparations, once I'm finished I'll be heading to the saloon"

"Alright mother, I'm heading over here there now. I'll cath you later"

*Liu watches as her son walks towards the direction of the saloon*
*She then turn towards the center and stars walking*

*At the city center, Liu heads to the post office to mail out the final invitations.*
*Once done, she goes out the door and sees Roland out walking who doesn't notice her*

hmm what is my future son-in-law up too?

*Liu watches Roland as he goes into a shop*
*Deciding to see what he is up to, Liu moves away from thepost office entrance towards the shop Roland entered*

*At the saloon, BdrLine arrives outside where he sees Yiski briskly walk out*

"Hey Yiski."

*Bdr didn't receive an answer, but at a closer look at his face, he can tell that Yiski has something big planned*

Oh this can be good or bad. Must have made a new gun or ammo of some sorts

*BdrLine just walks on in and goes to the bar*

"Mourning all"

*Ny who sees her brother*

"Hey brother, you are up early"

*Ny sees Lockheart*

"Isn't Chaladon suppose to be nice this time of year?"

*BdrLine takes a seat and to Ny*

"Well with mother being here, she is making me get up, you thunk Yiski keeps coffee here?"

"I don't know, but can check"

*Ny-Lee goes to the back*

*BdrLine to Jun*

"Hey Jun, you admiral out and about today." *chuckles*

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 22, 2013, 02:08:30 pm »
*replies to Jun'ko*

"Thats what i hate about it, they all know nothing of destruction and they are all wimps. they wouldn't last a chance out here, besides, i grew up around there i am a member of the nobles there..., but after several years of the seemingly perfect place you get bored, so i spent most of my life up in the fjords, there i joined the many fleets protecting the area from bandits. I grew to rank "Commodore"..."

*gulps the hellfire*

"Except i prefer captain, it rolls of the toungue better."