Author Topic: Remove Flamethrower  (Read 76478 times)

Offline MidnightWonko

• Salutes: 5
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Flamethrower
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2015, 06:09:51 am »

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2015, 05:41:35 pm »
Is that Death from Bill and Ted?

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:16 pm »
Ginosaji and Death look very similar, though, so...

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »
I did not know that. Pardon for deleting my post - I've come to think that I ask and I'm not sure about what exactly...

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2015, 10:54:20 pm »

I'm screaming Spoon every time I use a flamethrower.

I'm just contributing to derailing this thread. :D

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:40 am »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2015, 05:10:09 am »

I'm screaming Spoon every time I use a flamethrower.

I'm just contributing to derailing this thread. :D

Gone With the Blastwave! <3
Do you want to get salutes? Because that's how you get salutes

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2015, 07:21:48 am »
Back to the topic, I've seen it before but never had my own opinion on that. Now it's formed so here it is

I actually consider the flamer and flamercountering as post-basics training. Surely people who trying to learn the basics of game may not understand the mechanics of spraying, because they aren't comfortable with basic skills yet (like "how to get to ballon from hull on mobula").
My counter offer is to remove flamer from standart ships precets, esp in novice matches, same as it is done to flare or mine launcher, to show the new players what is actually flamer is - a nieche weapon, useful in very limited situations

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:52 am »
Back to the topic, I've seen it before but never had my own opinion on that. Now it's formed so here it is

I actually consider the flamer and flamercountering as post-basics training. Surely people who trying to learn the basics of game may not understand the mechanics of spraying, because they aren't comfortable with basic skills yet (like "how to get to ballon from hull on mobula").
My counter offer is to remove flamer from standart ships precets, esp in novice matches, same as it is done to flare or mine launcher, to show the new players what is actually flamer is - a nieche weapon, useful in very limited situations
Actually, thats how it is atm. No flamers in novice, last time Ive been to it was roughly 5-6 months ago after 1.3.8 so Im not sure what changed.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2015, 11:34:03 am »
The problem at the moment is, there are no novice matches...

Also I've come across a few individuals of mid level who for some reason are telling people "Ignore those idiots talking about chem spray, extinguisher is better!) by mid level I mean 22 and higher... So when I hear that, I preach the beauty of chem and load up flamers on my ship, or incendiary mines.... (just in case it is an ally) p.s. Mostly a joke.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2015, 11:44:34 am »
Goddammit. I blame firefox for deleting my post before posting.

To say that short.

Check those guys played matches - I can be thought to be a mid level player, yet I have 900 matches played. This might be one of the effects of "Level inflation" problem covered by Mr.Disaster in similarly named thread.

Those guys can just be farming achievements and looking for easy matches, hence gaining a shitload XP withoout gaining actual experience.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2015, 11:49:28 am »
Goddammit. I blame firefox for deleting my post before posting.

To say that short.

Check those guys played matches - I can be thought to be a mid level player, yet I have 900 matches played. This might be one of the effects of "Level inflation" problem covered by Mr.Disaster in similarly named thread.

Those guys can just be farming achievements and looking for easy matches, hence gaining a shitload XP withoout gaining actual experience.

Oh I know I made a similar thread about the leveling system being too fast now...
I guess it falls down to not judging a player by his level but by the words he types or speaks. :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2015, 11:51:06 am »

Also I've come across a few individuals of mid level who for some reason are telling people "Ignore those idiots talking about chem spray, extinguisher is better!) by mid level I mean 22 and higher...

Player who have played 200 matches is not really a "mid level player" (I know you meant it technically though)

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2015, 11:56:11 am »

Also I've come across a few individuals of mid level who for some reason are telling people "Ignore those idiots talking about chem spray, extinguisher is better!) by mid level I mean 22 and higher...

Player who have played 200 matches is not really a "mid level player" (I know you meant it technically though)

Its the perfect example of why the current leveling system is not good.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2015, 11:58:49 am »
I don't get to play too often. Extended free times I do get are way before or after the "prime time". It's also difficult to create an environment where I can effectively voice chat.

So, I really don't have much more than 300ish matches played. I think the forums are my saving grace.

Forums can be an on and off thing. I only need short free times to check it and write things in it. I'm pretty sure I've logged more time on the forums than anywhere else. Thanks to that, my 300ish matches played has given me 450~500ish matches worth of experience. I can outfit my ship pretty well, I can pilot anything but a Squid, and I can engineer on anything but suicidal Pyramidions.

Perhaps we should promote our amazing community more? GOIO is a game that inevitably creates a great community, with teamwork and such. Perhaps we can get people to read through the guides section, ask questions on Q&A, and read through the ever-improving wiki (big salutes to everyone that works on it)?