Author Topic: Version 1.3.9 Release Notes  (Read 40491 times)

Offline Grixis

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
Version 1.3.9 Release Notes
« on: December 22, 2014, 06:15:30 am »
CONTENT
Christmas items

Workshop Items-
-Ava's Demon, created by Neareida
-Henrick's Maske, created by Constiii
-Clockwork Ouroboros, created by Ushabti
-Duck of the Wind, created by Tanya Phenole
-Jolly Rodger, created by SassyKat
-Raven Skull, created by SassyKat
-Sacrilege, created by Mr. Lambert
-Wings of Icarus, created by MacBernick

FEATURES
- Map grid lines now show at fixed 1km intervals
- Ship names now included in destruction log
- Skill descriptions now draw directly from configuration (so they can't get out of sync with the actual effects).
- Restored exclusive fullscreen mode as windowed fullscreen caused performance problems on many setups. If you still want windowed fullscreen, you can use the "-popupwindow" launch option.
- Added a small delay before transitioning to the match end sequence to allow viewing the final kill, capture, etc.
- Added different pitch for engine sounds at different speed levels

BUGFIXES
- Fixed broken highlighting in voice selector UI
- Chat box can no longer be opened underneath social dropdown
- Debug overlay no longer shows wildly incorrect framerate when first enabled
- Removed questionable parsing of special whitespace characters ("/t" for a tab) in chat
- Dyes can no longer be applied to hairstyles (formerly consumed the item but had no effect)
- Khovansky male hair can’t be dyed anymore
- Label is now shorter on moderator button
- Fixed a bug that caused ship customization to not function after “Unlock Loadout” was pressed
- Options menu: resolution now reverts if you decline to apply the changes
- Fallen Hero Cap description now refers to "Flight of the Icarus" instead of "GoI Classic"
- Character feet don’t clip through the deck during victory poses
- Animation for switching tools no longer delayed in 3rd person
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong tool usage to be shown right after switching tools in 3rd person
- Fixed some cases where characters could get stuck on ship geometry
- Global chat no longer visible while transitioning from victory screen to lobby
- Spyglass and Range-finder now reset to default zoom level at the start of matches
- The title on the Sky League badge is now showing up
- Fixed "bounty rules" info box issue
- Made gatling gun impact sounds more noticeable
- Engines have the correct sound effect when returning from AFK (used to always play the “idle” effect)
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause multiple copies of a ship to spawn when respawning
- Changed “tophat” to "top hat" in item names for consistency
- Texture quality settings now has no effect on matchmaking UI
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be facing the wrong direction after using the Spyglass or Rangefinder
- Fixed ships spawning on top of each other on Duel at Dawn and Water Hazard
- Achievement checklist: default text added when there's nothing to display
- Lusse's Travels: added Anglean Raiders page
- Fixed player context menu not closing immediately after leaving in-game ESC menu (now closes on all UI transitions)
- Workshop Tool: using mouse wheel in file browser doesn’t change the zoom anymore
- Ship customizer decoration tooltips now show up when player has no decoration items
- Fixed a bug that caused the Artemis’s rocket to remain after being fired
- Reworked the effects of wind on ships for more consistency (no more extreme forces from certain angles on the Mobula, for example)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3.9 Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:25:56 am »
Thanks lads and lasses can wait to try this out :D

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 06:46:03 am »
CONTENT
Christmas items
no santa beard? This christmas is a sad one :-(

Workshop Items-
-Ava's Demon, created by Neareida
-Henrick's Maske, created by Constiii
-Clockwork Ouroboros, created by Ushabti
-Duck of the Wind, created by Tanya Phenole
-Jolly Rodger, created by SassyKat
-Raven Skull, created by SassyKat
-Sacrilege, created by Mr. Lambert
-Wings of Icarus, created by MacBernick
Yay, workshop items! Thanks a lot Constiii, your mask rocks! - it looks way better on my pilot than the gunner-bee mask :)
I'm not sure whether the current solution to introduce clan-decals (rodger, scrilege, duck) is a good one though. The grant everyone access to everything policy might be a source for community-tension.

Also thanks for the bug fixes and all these little minor improvements!

Offline Terrkas

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 4
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 07:39:03 am »
"-popupwindow" doesn´t seem to work.

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:54:48 am »
I hate to say it but I can't understand how you took the decision to accept these decals out of all the submitted ones. Save for a couple, the rest look like crap and are a huge drop in quality compared to muse-made ones as well as many other of the community made. Wundsalz also has a good point as usual, but I guess if people submitted those they'd be ok with them being publicly available.

Rest of the improvements are cool

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 10:13:55 am »
These engine sounds man, they are so loud when moving forward. I want to decrease in-game volume, but then I won't hear guns shooting at all...

The new yellow line grid doesn't tell me anything anymore. You say it's in 1km intervals, but does it say so in-game anywhere? Might as well keep the old one for consistent design and add the scale on the bottom of the map or something.

Still not convinced that changing the spawns for duel at dawn was the best idea.

Commendations appear in a black window, the white one lookes so much more calming.

Since patch I have some troubles switching windows...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:32:09 am by Dementio »

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 10:37:51 am »

If by "switching windows" you mean "alt+tab while in fullscreen", it is regrettable but unavoidable that returning to exclusive fullscreen brought back the old issues with switching and minimizing the game window.  If this is something you need to do, use -popupwindow.

For the "-popupwindow" launch option to have any effect, you also need to change the game to Windowed mode in the in-game options.  The only way to get a fullscreen window at the moment is to combine Windowed mode, -popupwindow, and setting game resolution equal to screen resolution.

I'd love to be able to provide all of these as options in the in-game menu but I'm forced to dance around limitations of the Unity3D engine in this case.

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 10:46:25 am »
I'm still trying to figure out how to access the Workshop content you guys approved of? Where is it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in my own inventory. :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:50:27 am by Bronzium »

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 10:55:28 am »
Items in my inventory started to multiply or whatever. Widow's peak holds the record with 6 individual appearances.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 11:51:55 am »
Love the new decals. Love that I have them. Great job everybody!

Just two things on my side.

I kinda miss being able to tab out. Just now, I logged in to check out the decals than tab out to post here, but I had to close the game instead.

Can people tell me which decals are Clan specific, so I can avoid flying them? They're all cool and all (the duck is the best in my opinion), but I'm not in a clan. I'd rather like to avoid presenting myself as though I was in a clan.

Can't comment on gameplay (computer viruses, and I can't play a proper match on my macbook without insane lag), but I'd probably say something along the lines of: I love the bug fixes, and I like how you guys listened to the community with map lines, but take one more step further and add scale pls.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »

If by "switching windows" you mean "alt+tab while in fullscreen", it is regrettable but unavoidable that returning to exclusive fullscreen brought back the old issues with switching and minimizing the game window.  If this is something you need to do, use -popupwindow.

For the "-popupwindow" launch option to have any effect, you also need to change the game to Windowed mode in the in-game options.  The only way to get a fullscreen window at the moment is to combine Windowed mode, -popupwindow, and setting game resolution equal to screen resolution.

I'd love to be able to provide all of these as options in the in-game menu but I'm forced to dance around limitations of the Unity3D engine in this case.

Because switching windows while in fullscreen is as bad as it is, I am used to switch to windowed mode through "alt+enter" and then switch, but it often would not focus the window I was trying to switch too. At some point I even got an error message, I will email the outup file to you guys of course.

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 02:32:26 pm »
What sound system are you using?

These engine sounds man, they are so loud when moving forward. I want to decrease in-game volume, but then I won't hear guns shooting at all...

Offline Allien'

• Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »
I only have one question: Why did you change the map grid?
Just...
It makes no sense to have the map grid to be 1km spaced. I guess its too hard to write in the bottom of the map decription the dimensions of the squares.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 03:12:32 pm »
Thanks for the bug fixes and I'm really excited for the logos and other workshop items! Can I ask how often the workshop items will be reviewed and added into the game?

Also: - Dyes can no longer be applied to hairstyles (formerly consumed the item but had no effect)
- Khovansky male hair can’t be dyed anymore

Really with instead of making this not possible you would have gone the other way with this and made ALL hairstyles able to be dyed, that would have been way cooler.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 04:29:50 pm »
I love the new Gat noises, I can actually hear when we're being chewed on.