Author Topic: Grapling Hooks  (Read 5321 times)

Offline Faati

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Grapling Hooks
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »
I dont know if this has already been suggested on these forums, but it seems cool if the gunner class would have something like grapling hooks... When a ship is near, u can hook and enter it. Seems like a cool idea to me!

Pirates ARRRR... :)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Grapling Hooks
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 05:25:19 pm »
Guns of Icarus is ship-to-ship combat only. No boarding or going to other ships will ever happen. Just no.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 05:26:07 pm »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 05:29:24 pm »
Harpoon is the grappling hook for GOIO.

Idea is cool, but:

there's going to be no boarding, and for a good reason. Here's a link to a post
http://gunsoficarus.com/blog/about-boarding/

A hand held weapon like the Grappling hook will allow ships to fire from a typically unarmed side. It'd change the balance, a lot.

I've thought about a Gmod map with airships with tf2 sentry guns and wrangler. A constantly adapting/poor-quality airship combat.
It'd also have handheld guns and tools (like grappling hooks). Perhaps this is something that can be looked at?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:17:27 pm »
Been a while since I've had to lock a boarding thread. The above responses pretty much sum up the issues with the idea, and it is an interesting idea. Sadly it's a lot of time and money and balance and a whole lot of other resources that simply don't appear out of thin air. Try not to get discouraged that I've locked your first post because it's always good to have more voices in the community giving feedback.

Welcome to the skies and the forums. Hope you have a great time. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

Community Ambassador
Occasional Intern
-Queso