Author Topic: New damage type: Electricity  (Read 6237 times)

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
New damage type: Electricity
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:18:08 am »
electricity

This has been propably already been talked (since there has been concept art about tesla gun)

[and the fact that would it work with the universe of GoI]

My idea about Electric damage is simple.

When gun that has Electric damage hits ship the damage will chain to closest  components. (which would mean that it always hits armor/hull)

Electric damage vs components:

balloon       hull         guns       engines    armor
Electricity           0             0,5          1,2            1,2          0.9

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: New damage type: Electricity
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:30:18 pm »
In the original guns of icarus *note now renamed to flight of icarus

There is indeed a tesla gun in the game however with online the idea of balance and performance comes up, but you never no what might happen in the future, If you can make a compelling enough case send it to feedback@musegames.com :) 

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:00:39 pm »
Well that means then that i have some work to do then, making it compelling enough   :D

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 06:46:36 pm »
i always figured if you where to make an electric gun in the game you could use the current damage types to do it effectively just mixing shatter with explosive or heat damage to get the effect you want.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 01:00:56 am »
Hmm... The concept is interesting, so let's see what we can do with this........ Well, actually thinking on it, I can't think of anything that Electricity could be used for aside from a single gun (or maybe 2 guns at the most). Part of the problem is this doesn't feel like it would be very compatible with other damage types (Elec + Shatter? Why? How would that even work? Explosive + Elec? Again, same problem). The concept presented here feels more like a GUN mechanic than a DAMAGE TYPE mechanic. Is it interesting? Most certainly! Does it work as a Damage Type? Not really. However, you have inspired me to start thinking even more outside the box than I usually do. It is now my mission to come up with a new Damage Type that CAN work. I shall have to think on this though....

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:14:31 am »
Hmm... The concept is interesting, so let's see what we can do with this........ Well, actually thinking on it, I can't think of anything that Electricity could be used for aside from a single gun (or maybe 2 guns at the most). Part of the problem is this doesn't feel like it would be very compatible with other damage types (Elec + Shatter? Why? How would that even work? Explosive + Elec? Again, same problem). The concept presented here feels more like a GUN mechanic than a DAMAGE TYPE mechanic. Is it interesting? Most certainly! Does it work as a Damage Type? Not really. However, you have inspired me to start thinking even more outside the box than I usually do. It is now my mission to come up with a new Damage Type that CAN work. I shall have to think on this though....

Its good thing that this idea gave you inspiration to do new damage type, that propably will work bether than mine.

I was thinking other possibilities for this damage.

After component is shocked (or chain shocked) it will spark for 4 sec and during that it takes electric damage. (basicly like the flame trower but without extinguishing stopping it and it puts itself out)   [or it could take extra damage during that 4 sec or someting els, like disabling gun for 4 sec, but that would be anoying]

i also thinked that the electricity should lose some damage when it hits clouds or tar since electricity spreads to it and does not make dirrect damage.

Or this could be ammo type. ELECTRIC AMMO. That would work too.