Author Topic: New Damage Type: Fragment  (Read 5146 times)

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
New Damage Type: Fragment
« on: June 05, 2014, 06:16:44 am »
Fragment Damage Modifiers

Balloon: 1.2
Hull: 1.4
Components: 0.4
Armor: 0

Special: Fragment Damage ammo explodes into fragments on impact with anything, creating "fragments" that deal 10% of the damage of the gun each (the number of fragments being dependent on the gun, and each dealing the same damage). The fragments go in random directions from the point of impact up to twice the size of the AoE of the gun. As such, while the gun with this damage type may not hurt your ally, if you miss but hit your ally, the gun can still hit the enemy if they are close enough.

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
Re: New Damage Type: Fragment
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 06:29:09 am »
Reminds me of scatter shots (shots that burst into many other projectiles)

in the Dev Fireside Chat they speaked about ammo type that would spread to 10-? projectiles that they were making right now.

Sounds bit similar in idea.

But i think ammo like this should work best with ammo that does not create explosions. This would work with bullets and shotgun shots. (basicly explosive ammo) 

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: New Damage Type: Fragment
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:11:40 am »
Reminds me of scatter shots (shots that burst into many other projectiles)

in the Dev Fireside Chat they speaked about ammo type that would spread to 10-? projectiles that they were making right now.

Sounds bit similar in idea.

But i think ammo like this should work best with ammo that does not create explosions. This would work with bullets and shotgun shots. (basicly explosive ammo)

I didn't see the previous Dev Fireside Chat so I haven't heard anything about that. That said, this damage type obviously isn't going to make sense with some types of guns, but the same is true of most damage types. That said, it could still be used in a gun that has Explosive as one of the damage types and make sense.