Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 307591 times)

Offline Vanix

• Salutes: 1
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2013, 03:38:56 pm »
So if you want the added 'swag' you just ad a note? Doesn't sound very concrete. =P

Offline krait

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »
So if you want the added 'swag' you just ad a note? Doesn't sound very concrete. =P

Last I checked, kickstarter is designed around a strict tier structure, and doesn't really have mix-and-match functionality, so a note may be the best they can do. But I have no doubt that if there are any problems, they'll make sure you get taken care of if you pay extra for optional swag.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2013, 04:14:56 pm »
For add-on swag, just add the dollar amount required and we will send our a variety of surveys when the funding is fulfilled.  We love Kickstarter but there are some features that are definitely missing.  We ultimately want to give as much flexibility and options to our fanbase so that's why we're doing it this way no matter how much work it is on our part.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2013, 04:22:46 pm »
1.Will there be day and night?
2.Will flying to different towns actually be like flying? You know, you can sit at the helm and steer and run around the ship while you fly there
3.To pass the time on the ships while you are flying from place to place we should have mini games (cards, drinking games, etc.) you know, sailor stuff.

*edit has nothing to do with this
why is my pilot skill on the side a level 2? My pilots a level 5 :'c

Hey sorry about not getting back to you.  We're swamped at PAX East so we're falling behind.

1) Yes, we really want night and day so it's definitely high on the list.
2) Yes, just like flying in one of our maps you will be steering your ship.  Depending on the mission type, we may have ones that are on rails so you play as just a gunner or engineer for more PvE.  We want to ensure that a single player can play a good subset of Adventure Mode.
3) Going on a route in-between towns will be like a match, pretty quick.  Not sure if you'll have the downtime to play cards :P

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »
Off topic:

You will totally know when I'm raging.  It's not pretty :P

Best thing everyone can do is just keep talking about the KS and telling people in game.

I set up a bit.ly

http://bit.ly/GunsAdventureKS

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2013, 05:04:52 pm »
Pay $50 and make a note to remind Muse of the fact later.. at least that's how I added $10 for international shipping...
to mark the necessity of international shipping you should check the option at the bottom of the screen called 'Ship to the USA. / Change'

You haven't tried clicking that button.. it doesn't work, it just takes you back to the change amount screen.  I gave up and just added the $10.

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2013, 05:08:42 pm »
Pay $50 and make a note to remind Muse of the fact later.. at least that's how I added $10 for international shipping...
to mark the necessity of international shipping you should check the option at the bottom of the screen called 'Ship to the USA. / Change'

You haven't tried clicking that button.. it doesn't work, it just takes you back to the change amount screen.  I gave up and just added the $10.
well, it worked for me without troubles, don't know what's the reason in your case
but yeah, adding 10$ is nessessary anyway and may work by itself

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2013, 05:18:34 pm »

well, it worked for me without troubles, don't know what's the reason in your case
but yeah, adding 10$ is nessessary anyway and may work by itself
Ok, it worked a little different when I went into "manage pledge" just now, although all that's done is given me the response "Since you're outside the US, be sure you've added  $10  to your pledge amount" - which I've already done.. .. dontchajustluvteknology..

Offline Connor Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2013, 06:33:25 pm »
2.Will flying to different towns actually be like flying? You know, you can sit at the helm and steer and run around the ship while you fly there
3.To pass the time on the ships while you are flying from place to place we should have mini games (cards, drinking games, etc.) you know, sailor stuff.

Hey sorry about not getting back to you.  We're swamped at PAX East so we're falling behind.

2) Yes, just like flying in one of our maps you will be steering your ship.  Depending on the mission type, we may have ones that are on rails so you play as just a gunner or engineer for more PvE.  We want to ensure that a single player can play a good subset of Adventure Mode.
3) Going on a route in-between towns will be like a match, pretty quick.  Not sure if you'll have the downtime to play cards :P

its all gooodddd, awesome, I was kinda looking forward to long airship voyages, but that's just me, I'm very content with night and day and steering my ship, so as a pilot will there be missions where I'm on rails?

Offline JaceBoojah

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2013, 08:05:58 pm »

its all gooodddd, awesome, I was kinda looking forward to long airship voyages, but that's just me, I'm very content with night and day and steering my ship, so as a pilot will there be missions where I'm on rails?

traveling from town to town will be just like in Kingdom Hearts.  You hop in your gumi ship and fight enemy ships in your way for an amount of time then you are there.

Offline Connor Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2013, 11:13:25 pm »

traveling from town to town will be just like in Kingdom Hearts.  You hop in your gumi ship and fight enemy ships in your way for an amount of time then you are there.

ohh, so in a way it's kinda like the original GoI when you are traveling?

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2013, 02:11:18 am »
ohh, so in a way it's kinda like the original GoI when you are traveling?

Exactly. 

I suppose if there's a day where you don't want to fly a ship, you can try gunning or engineering on an on rails ship.  It'd be harder since you'd be specialized as a pilot but there's nothing stopping you.  To be honest, we're not sure how classes will work exactly yet.  These are things Jess and I are discussing.  Ideas and suggestions are always welcome.

I'm going to create a new subform for Adventure Mode related talk.  Suggestions.  Questions.  Etc...  When I do, I'd like to close this thread.

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2013, 02:17:05 am »
So you'll be able to get off your ship? Perhaps go in to town and buy ammo or different perks? Quests?
Oh, I can't wait!!

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:40 am »
20% there

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2013, 02:53:30 am »
Just pledged $30 (including outside of U.S. shipping). First time I've used Kickstarter. :)