Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 307466 times)

Offline Pinkamena Diane Pie

• Salutes: 3
    • [SMAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »
1. Ok, so it says that all collectors editions of Adventure mode will get a "thank you" in the credits. ("All backers receiving Collector's Edition copies will get a Thank You in the in-game credits.") Is this a general thank you, or a specific one with our names? On the chart Complete Adventure comes with the CE Adv, but does not have the "thank you credit" checked like the Kickstarter text would imply.

1b. Does this also include Skirmish Collectors editions, too? Will those be added to the Skirmish credits instead of the Adventure mode credits? If this is the case, will Complete Adventure include credit in both?

2. Also, would it be possible for me to swap the button and the poster from the Complete Adventure (EB) level for a cloth map?

3. Is the costume choice* from the current costumes, or will it be from the costume selection at the time Adventure Mode is released? Could I choose when I select my costumes? I would like the second partly because I have almost all of the costume sets I want already and I would want to wait until Adventure Mode to choose them.

[Edit: *the costume choice is from the Collectors Edition variant of Adventure Mode]

~Pinkie
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:07:51 pm by Pinkamena Diane Pie »

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
For people who haven't been following this thread (or have been following it but still "aren't following"), it may be good to distinguish playable modes from mode bonuses.

For example, CE Adv mode sounds like if you have it but I only have Adv mode, you'll be able to access areas, use ships, and otherwise do things that have a game-mechanics effect that I can't do, when afaict it's bonus swag and costume coupons. I'm still not sure what CE Skirmish means for someone who has what is currently available on Steam as "Guns of Icarus Online."

If the spreadsheet were updated so that all the checkboxes under "CE Adventure Mode" were also given checkboxes under regular Adv mode, and CE Adv were renamed to something like "Adventure Mode CE Items", it might be more clear.

On another note, it sounds like any backer, $5 or more would get to beta test adventure mode, but would lose adventure mode once it goes out of beta? Or would it just mean that they would be able to beta any changes that will come to all skirmish play?

Also, will the 4x packages confer closed beta access to the other 3 licensees?

Fixed the confusion in the spreadsheet with CE stuff.  It's CE content now.  It's the same game, don't worry.

I'll double check the wording for the $5 and beta.

Yes it's 4x for everything, I'll fix those as well.

Thanks!

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2013, 03:21:26 pm »
How much does normal game sales contribute to fund raising?
does the progress chart for funds include both KS and game sales?

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2013, 04:34:39 pm »
It's looking more & more like I just don't have it within my budget to pass some funding over to you guys.    :(

Even if I cant throw $10,000......$65 you guys' way, I at least mentioned to Massively this morning that you guys were at PAX East.  This is the article that just went up a bit ago as a result:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/22/guns-of-icarus-looking-to-kickstart-persistent-world-expansion/

^^ Hopefully that will at least boost awareness about the Kickstarter campaign~

If I end up being unable to afford one of the gift tiers, I'll at least try to sneak $5 or $10 in before the campaign ends.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:41:48 pm by Veffidia »

Offline Tron

• Salutes: 2
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
    • SideStrike Gaming
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »
I managed to get a 100 dollar pledge in.
Just one question I have.

What in the name of Chungs Choice Standard is the Button? cant find anything about what it looks like. Only that you can get one

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2013, 05:31:32 pm »
I managed to get a 100 dollar pledge in.
Just one question I have.
What in the name of Chungs Choice Standard is the Button? cant find anything about what it looks like. Only that you can get one

Thank you for the support! Chung's Choice Standard is the name of an engine in the game.  The button has this image on it.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483418_311642072269662_829975961_n.png

How much does normal game sales contribute to fund raising?
does the progress chart for funds include both KS and game sales?

Man, I wish I can talk about this more publicly but you should already know that I can't directly answer these.  Game sales of Skirmish do not contribute to Adventure Mode funding right now.  The progress chart are just plain money-we-need-to-make estimates.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2013, 05:48:16 pm »
I dropped 65 on it!  Will likely push more next paycheck.

Offline Meneldour

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2013, 06:10:22 pm »
Ok, one more thing, since my crew seems interested in adventure mode, but I'm not willing to give up my buton and poster, is there any option to get 4x times adv mode and button/poster (at least once) in same deal? Is the "crew united" bundle missing those things deliberately?

Offline Connor Mc

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2013, 06:38:26 pm »
1.Will there be day and night?
2.Will flying to different towns actually be like flying? You know, you can sit at the helm and steer and run around the ship while you fly there
3.To pass the time on the ships while you are flying from place to place we should have mini games (cards, drinking games, etc.) you know, sailor stuff.

*edit has nothing to do with this
why is my pilot skill on the side a level 2? My pilots a level 5 :'c
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:44:12 pm by Connor Mc »

Offline Kevin of Zhufbar

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2013, 07:56:18 pm »
Here is an Idea I had for you guys to raise money. You could sell titles in the store that appear by your name and when you talk. I think a lot of people might get em.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »
Even renamed it's still horribly unclear what you're getting with each package, and as it is it seems like there isn't anything there specifically for people who already own the game.

I see most (successful) Kickstarters go TIER 0: thanks for the free money suckers TIER 1: product TIER 2: EVERYTHING from tier 1 + this shit TIER 2.5: EVERYTHING from tier 1 + this different shit TIER 3: EVERYTHING from tier 2.5 + posters and baubles and other swag, et cetera.  Is it possible bold or otherwise draw attention to what's new in each tier, what makes it different from the other tiers?  It's hard to read and understand, and that's without even using any text to actually SELL the swag as something interesting or worth buying.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »
The $20 option seems really good. Hopefully I'll be able to slip a donation in there.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »
Hi everyone, taking a break at Pax to hop into the forum and hang out with you guys for a bit. 
I can hit on all the points, and maybe we can do a group chat event to answer all the questions one of these nights. 
But just some replies to some of the questions I saw. 

For funding, how we are using the money we made from Steam, etc.  We made this game with pretty much our own money.  We worked with a publisher early on, and that went very horribly wrong for us, and that's a long story that I'll tell in more detail.  And I had to borrow money from my family to make this game.  With the sales from steam, we'll be using it to keep us going.  We still are working on improving skirmish and plan to do so  into the future, so the sales from the game will allow us to do so.  With money we can raise from Kickstarter, we can get more help and to have more ability and resources to work on everything more in parallel.  With game development for us as an indie dev, we spent and took risk upfront to make a game, and then hopefully we can make enough to keep making more games.  With the game, we're have made a ton of money where we can comfortably make more games without being stressed about money or needing more help.  So hopefully this answers that more clearly. 

@Diane, great question, yeah you'll get your name mentioned in thank you, and this is for adventure mode.  What we'll likely do is to create another page for adventure mode credits.  The format hasn't been decided yet, but you'll get the credit :D 

@Helmic, ok we can take a look.  We're trying to be as flexible and accommodating as we can, but it runs the risk of being more complicated. 

For everyone who have custom requests, post on the Kickstarter page in comments or message, and I'll track them and see what we can do! 

Thanks a lot!  Howard

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2013, 01:29:41 pm »

Thanks a lot!  Howard

I'm confused; but assuming that's bubbles posting on eric's forum account

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2013, 01:43:22 pm »
First Howard uses Eric's account in-game, then on the forum. The plot thickens.