Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 305891 times)

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2013, 10:32:13 am »
i cant back because i dont have a credit card and live in europe.
kinda feels screwed because i bought the 4 pack and now its on 75% discount

Because payment is by Amazon, you don't need a credit card.  You could use credit card or debit card, or I think you can do a bank transfer to you Amazon account.

Or could you give cash to someone to buy you an Amazon gift card for the amount?

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:16 am »

the four-pack also includes a costume, and a soundtrack.
i really hoped there would be a hat included and some goggles but im kinda sad that it doesnt.

by the way, the soundtrack is ok but it feels like i threw away 30 euros worth of costumes.
can´t  there be some sort of extra for the four pack buyers?

Because payment is by Amazon, you don't need a credit card.  You could use credit card or debit card, or I think you can do a bank transfer to you Amazon account.

Or could you give cash to someone to buy you an Amazon gift card for the amount?

giving cash to someone to get a gift card is foolish, and i think having bought the 4-pack have given them some money too

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2013, 10:37:33 am »
woop de dooo! Early bird. Though I wonder if it's worth getting 10$ extra for outside US shipping...

EDIT: of course it is. You guys need the money!

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2013, 10:38:47 am »
Oh god, all that Credit Card rubbish again. My Crew and I have got the same problem now, and there's no debit card or direct bank transfer option on Kickstarters Amazon relay :/

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2013, 10:50:58 am »
I assume this is only a problem because you don't currently have an Amazon account.  Create an account, attach a debit card to the account.  Bob's you mothers brother.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2013, 10:51:30 am »
my name is bob

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:58 am »
Backed! I really hope it hits 500K! hehe

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2013, 10:57:18 am »
I assume this is only a problem because you don't currently have an Amazon account.  Create an account, attach a debit card to the account.  Bob's you mothers brother.

Hmm, yeah, that might work. Guess it's dependant on the bank, though, because my Austrian one isn't accepted even as the debit card it is. Surprisingly enough, the English Amazon site doesn't even have options to add bank transfer, as the German one does :P

I'll have to resort to some shady virtual credit card, as it seems. I'll keep you updated, if I find something trustworthy and it all works.

Offline Zomby

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2013, 11:03:22 am »
well thats done, know we wait  ::) ......

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:57 am »

Ahh.. scratch the above.  I think Kickstarter complicates things by the fundamentals behind the way it works, when you pledge it makes a pre-charge against your card that's then only collected when the funding target is met.  That model might restrict it to credit cards.  It's the Kickstarter way of prevented funding targets being met using fraudulent card details.

The UK/Germany Amazon differences are many, and a lot of them puzzle me as to why.  I guess the payment differences are because credit cards are still much less popular in Germany and everyone uses bank transfers (at least that's what family in Germany do).  I use Amazon.de a bit via my UK account , and I'm occasionally stumped when they refuse to ship certain items to the UK.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:36 am »
If the Kickstarter truly met that ridiculous stretch goal, I'm not really sure what I'd do.
Besides fashion a harpoon from rebar and wood in my back yard.  And fill a net with balloons, possibly get in a dingy and put the balloon net out on the water.

And hunt it.

What ever you do I want video.

Offline TheMick

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:24 am »
 Just ponied up! Can't wait to see this happen.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2013, 11:58:37 am »
Finally got to read the entire page and watch the vid. Already backed and am looking forward to more gameplay hours under my belt.

Great job guys.

Offline krait

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2013, 12:43:00 pm »
For people who haven't been following this thread (or have been following it but still "aren't following"), it may be good to distinguish playable modes from mode bonuses.

For example, CE Adv mode sounds like if you have it but I only have Adv mode, you'll be able to access areas, use ships, and otherwise do things that have a game-mechanics effect that I can't do, when afaict it's bonus swag and costume coupons. I'm still not sure what CE Skirmish means for someone who has what is currently available on Steam as "Guns of Icarus Online."

If the spreadsheet were updated so that all the checkboxes under "CE Adventure Mode" were also given checkboxes under regular Adv mode, and CE Adv were renamed to something like "Adventure Mode CE Items", it might be more clear.

On another note, it sounds like any backer, $5 or more would get to beta test adventure mode, but would lose adventure mode once it goes out of beta? Or would it just mean that they would be able to beta any changes that will come to all skirmish play?

Also, will the 4x packages confer closed beta access to the other 3 licensees?

Offline BrotherDoma

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2013, 01:09:49 pm »
Just pledged $65 (well, 75 with posting), good luck with the funding!