Author Topic: Art meta is boring  (Read 89438 times)

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: Art meta is boring
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:35 am »
You know you can outmaenuver art hades junker much more easily than triple art? Lower overlap with hades + hades is ahrder to shoot.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2014, 10:16:00 am »
You know you can outmaenuver art hades junker much more easily than triple art? Lower overlap with hades + hades is ahrder to shoot.

Did I just hear the words 'junker' and 'outmaneuver' used in the same sentence?

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

Did I just hear the words 'junker' and 'outmaneuver' used in the same sentence?

Only if you outmaneuver while on the junker.

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2014, 08:34:04 pm »
Or if captain is the main hull engineer, like what happens(or happened) on triple art sometimes (on competitive no less). Also squid.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 03:28:09 pm »
I'm looking into the Artemis but also not trying to flip the table over.

Balance changes are going to be much slower than they have been since we've come to a very good equilibrium now.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 03:49:20 pm »
I'd recommend skill changes vs damage changes. In terms of damage output the gun is quite balanced. Lowering the speed of the shot (but please with a proportional chell life to not reduce range) might induce a few less complaints yet still give the weapon viability among high tier play.

Im glad there will be no flipping of tables. I will hold you to that.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 03:58:06 pm »
I'm looking into the Artemis but also not trying to flip the table over.

Balance changes are going to be much slower than they have been since we've come to a very good equilibrium now.

When you do, load burst, then not burst.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 04:35:56 pm »
The one thing I would say defiantly could use looking at, would be the arc on the Artemis. By itself it's never too much of an issue that I would call it broken or OP. It's just when you manage to point 3 of them on an enemy ship as easily as you can now that calls for some concern.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2014, 04:45:23 pm »
The arc is what makes it worthwhile on a Junker. Trifectas should exist.

Offline The Djinn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 19
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2014, 05:23:38 pm »
The arc is what makes it worthwhile on a Junker. Trifectas should exist.

Hence why I support a lessening of the downward angle, rather than the side angle. You have your trifecta and it is still a very strong one: it just opens the door to more responsive height battles as a means of countering it, rather than the Artemis Junker just hugging the skybox. It also means that a skilled junker pilot who can follow his target's ascent and descent can effectively neutralize this "nerf" by proper flying.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2014, 06:14:32 pm »
You would then run a risk of being very exposed to Lumerjacks shooting straight up from below. I don't think the downward arc is terribly problematic and I feel like those complaining about the gun's alleged OPness aren't seeing that as an issue.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2014, 07:17:06 pm »
The height game is only something you can play at close range. Arty's become dangerous outside the range where sudden altitude adjustments become a viable strategy for avoiding damage. While we are talking about possible fixes, how about a reduction in its AOE or burst round's AOE modification? Having to aim to hit the component you want to disable instead of the part of the ship near the gun you want to disable would allow evasion to be more viable as a counter strategy.

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2014, 07:53:53 pm »
i just want to post on here saying that i don't want to see the artmis get nerfed or wrecked seems to be a lot of people acttcking the tpye of play and organail i started using it to beat the gatling mortor combo when there where less players in the game

new players can shoot a artmis to disable a pyra thats about the gat mortor ram me.

also there are so many ways to beat a all artmis or artmis halde junker (high ever high or low, get be hide, hwacha, lumber jack lesmok and out range them, balloon poping, double merc pyra with gat/mort side)

honestly i could go on all day this game is the best i have seen it balanced since i have played it eva and i don't want to see the complains of the game turn it in to a water fight

sorry about spelling

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2014, 09:44:17 pm »
Yeah i've come to think it isn't much of an issue, definitely not OP. it will always be annoying if an enemy camps a good spot with a slightly advantageous weapon loadout. But i think it just invites people to think about their own ship loadouts, and encourages use of terrain and clouds to defeat your enemy.

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2014, 11:17:57 pm »
As I allready pointed out, I'd slightly decrease downward angle by 5° increase upward angle by 5° decrease gun's turning speed and decrease horizontal arcs, but not enough to elimiate a trifecta on a pyramidion and junker. That would force pilots on pyramidion and junker that have trifecta builds be  (even) more active in piloting. Would make it easier for ships at medium and short range dodge out of the trifecta arcs.