Author Topic: Right click Options?  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Right click Options?
« on: September 13, 2013, 10:27:32 am »
I want the heavy carronade to have a special feature when you use the right mouse button. Can you guys think of any? On most guns the right mouse button is a zoom but on some guns there is no option.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Right click Options?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:52:28 am »
It should make a very loud audible quacking sound; so you can sneak up on your opponent, and right before you start annihilating them, make this huge terrifying quacking to intimidate and humiliate them.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 01:08:17 pm »
Right Click on Hellhound:

Buckshot: Shoots both shells at the same time (counts as firing a single bullet), doing 150% damage and gains knockback powers like the mine's explosion. 50% extra reload time after using it, 100 damage to gun.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »
why not just put a zoom on it?  special abilities beyond the stats of the gun/ammo itself are probably a bad idea. it pushes the game into somewhere more cartoon/arcade-y.

Offline Nidh

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »
Since when does having different firing modes or strategic options make a game "arcade-y"?

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 04:15:10 pm »
I don't know about arcade-y, but I dislike the idea of just one gun having a different function tied to right click. Suggestions like the "fire both barrels at once" idea would be confusing since right click is typically zoom. They've set a design paradigm or expectation that left is fire  and right is zoom. Non-standard secondary functions subverts the paradigm. Kind of a bad thing from an intuitive game design standpoint.

Additionally, there currently isn't a place for explaining what any secondary functions would do, so it would just be another thing to explain to new players. Not saying there couldn't be such a place, but who reads words anyway?*

*Note: I read the words. All of them. Compulsively.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 07:07:52 pm »
It could be explained in the weapon's description you know. What you are basically saying is that all weapons should be equally boring because some guns just don't have a different function other than zooming? Add a tetriary button and there you go, problem solved, you zoom in with right click and use the third button for the special ability :P

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 07:15:21 pm »
I think his point was more, it's a little weird to add an alternative fire option to just one gun, out of all the guns we have. If you were going to give the Heavy Carronade an alt-fire, it makes sense that you'd need to give most (or at least some) other guns an alt-fire as well. I tend to agree, though I'm not necessarily opposed if that's the way we'd want to take it.

Offline JaegerDelta

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »
I think his point was more, it's a little weird to add an alternative fire option to just one gun, out of all the guns we have. If you were going to give the Heavy Carronade an alt-fire, it makes sense that you'd need to give most (or at least some) other guns an alt-fire as well. I tend to agree, though I'm not necessarily opposed if that's the way we'd want to take it.

exactly, if you add an alternate firing/special ability (what ever you want to call them) option you have to add them to the vast majority of them, then you have to have some sort reason why this isnt the way the gun functions normally, which is essentially a cooldown (it might not be a timer but anything that stops you from using somthing for a short time is a cooldown).  once you apply these abilities to the other guns, it snowballs and you have all sorts of balance issues.

the reason i say it puts it into a more arcade/cartoonish place is because it suspends the way the gun itself functions normally to pull off some sort of powerful move, which pushes the game farther towards complete suspension of realism (as opposed to the quasi-realistic feel the game has currently, where things are kinda realistic but balance and aesthetic takes priority). 

furthermore a secondary fire option isnt really necessary with the ammo system.  you can change the way the gun functions by changing your ammo types. the ammo is basically the special abilities available to each gun. if you try to pair the two systems you create a monster interms of balance, shooting two barrels at once for instance, ( although technically i believe the carronade already does this normally it just loads two rounds of double barreled fire in its mechanism but still for the sake of argument) conveys increased damange, you would have to balance that with the ammo that already does more damage. and then for every gun in the game with a secondary ability, you would basically be making a new game interms of functionality and balance.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »
Add lots of zoom so sniping out components with heavy clip becomes even easier.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:09 pm »
No one disagreed with my suggestion so I'm assuming it's the best one. Lets let Muse know we've made up our mind so that we can fix the gun asap.

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:06 pm »
No one disagreed with my suggestion so I'm assuming it's the best one. Lets let Muse know we've made up our mind so that we can fix the gun asap.

Seconded.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 11:11:52 am »
I just think it would be a cool idea to give some of the guns a secoundary fire. The harpoon, mine launcher and heavy carronade to be egg-zackt.