Author Topic: The mods  (Read 29446 times)

Offline IvanPBF

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
The mods
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:09:37 am »
So i got banned for talking in global chat.

I mean
I got banned on a game i paid money for
Is this serious? If it was f2p i wouldn't mind but banning? Wow.
That is dumb.

Offline IvanPBF

• View Profile
Re: The mods
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 01:11:19 am »
Not even a warning for a ban or a mute. A ban out of nowhere.
Nice job mods.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 01:17:13 am »
What exactly did you do or say? Second question which CA mod was online with you?

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 01:18:26 am »
Hey there,

If you were banned from the game then you we're likely banned for a reason. I suggest you read the Code of Conduct and consider what rules you broke. The code of conduct can be found here http://gunsoficarus.com/community-standards/.

Additionally, you can not be 'banned' by a moderator, only Muse staff admins have the power to ban. You will not have been banned without any warnings, please be aware that Muse has full access to text logs and lying will not help your case. If you wish to speak to a Muse employee about your ban I suggest you email feedback@musegames.com.

Regards,

Qwerty

Offline IvanPBF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 01:19:28 am »
What exactly did you do or say? Second question which CA mod was online with you?
His name was MetaFive but i was typing dick and generally just joking around with some friends in global.
I know it's rude but i think it's really dumb to get banned in a game you paid for. It's really dumb.

Offline Captain Nemo

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 01:21:52 am »
His name was MetaFive but i was typing dick and generally just joking around with some friends in global.
I know it's rude but i think it's really dumb to get banned in a game you paid for. It's really dumb.
someone sounds entitled

Offline IvanPBF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 01:22:42 am »
someone sounds entitled
Yeah i'm entitled to my money.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:27 am »
I can't really speak for Meta as I don't know him as well as say -Muse- Cullen, a guy who joined our lobby threw a very profound string of profanity into the voice chat, Cullen gave him a big heads up if he continued it he'd get a ban. Secondly we've had issues with these kind of people in the past, also note that people have different tolerance levels for that kind of tomfoolery. Personally I'd have given you a warning and left it be.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 01:27:47 am »
This topic is locked per forum rules.

Moderation matters such as flagging, thread closing, banning or other corrective measures should only be discussed via private message between the moderators and the parties involved, and are not open for public debate.

If you feel that your ban was in any way unjustified or you were not given sufficient warning, I would strongly suggest voicing your concerns to feedback@musegames.com

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 03:48:50 am »
Hi Ivan, we've read over the entire chat log leading up to your ban, and we've issued repeated warning in global chat.  Your chat leading up to the ban clearly violated our community standards.  If you like to discuss further, you're definitely welcome to email us at feedback@musegames.com.  We respect your privacy, so we will obviously not post the chat log here.  However, if you would like, we can PM it to you, or reply with it in a personal email.  The ban is temporary, and it should be lifted later on today.  Hopefully going forward, you will be able to follow our community standards and terms of use, and have fun in the game.  Thanks very much, Howard
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 04:03:24 am by Dev Bubbles »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 04:20:18 am »
You know you can get banned in subscription MMOs for behavior and that is much more than a small fee. You can get banned on consoles for violating similar guidelines. Any game with multiplayer content has the potential of banning paying players for their behavior should the studio deem it necessary.

Just because you pay for something doesn't mean you get free reign to do whatever you want. Does paying to go to say Disneyland mean I get free reign to kick goofy, trash the rides, and repaint characters in its a small world to turn it into a zombie movie set? No. So why does paying for this game mean you can do whatever you want?

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »
Why has this thread been unlocked?

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »
Why has this thread been unlocked?

Goodness me, something we agree on. I'm wondering the exact same thing.

Offline IvanPBF

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »
Hi Ivan, we've read over the entire chat log leading up to your ban, and we've issued repeated warning in global chat.  Your chat leading up to the ban clearly violated our community standards.  If you like to discuss further, you're definitely welcome to email us at feedback@musegames.com.  We respect your privacy, so we will obviously not post the chat log here.  However, if you would like, we can PM it to you, or reply with it in a personal email.  The ban is temporary, and it should be lifted later on today.  Hopefully going forward, you will be able to follow our community standards and terms of use, and have fun in the game.  Thanks very much, Howard
Hey I've sent you a pm asking for the chat log.

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 04:33:56 pm »
@ QKO and Mr. Ace Rimmer
This was opened because we really wanted to hear back from IvanPBF and he did respond.
This goes against what we normally do and the Moderators were completely in the right for locking it.
We overrode them (and poorly communicated it to both you guys and the mods) because it seemed like the best course of action to get a conversation started.
So please direct all yelling about running afoul of procedure my way.  I commend the Mods for their quick action and dedication.

@IvanPBF
He's at PAX, but I shot him an email to make sure he's checking his PMs while he's there so he'll send over the chat log asap.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:44:40 pm by Keyvias »