Author Topic: Which maps would you want gone?  (Read 27918 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Which maps would you want gone?
« on: July 21, 2013, 01:10:00 pm »
Ok, so this isn't official or anything (I don't participate in running the Cogs, after all), but I still wanted to hear other people's opinions.

In Community Chat yesterday an interesting question was brought up: if one or two maps were to be (hypothetically, as far as I know there are no plans to do this) removed from the rotation, which ones would you like to see gone, and why?

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Which maps would you want gone?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 02:02:58 pm »
I love Labyrinth, but it just sticks out because of it being CP when everything else is DM. It just doesn't seem fair to have two types of games.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 02:58:39 pm »
I agree. Labyrinth simply doesn't fit with the other maps. The only other map that I wouldn't mind seeing gone is Dunes, due to how heavily it favours snipers. I don't like Duel either, but it wouldn't be worth pulling it off.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:02:54 pm »
Where is the "None." option......

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »
You don't need to vote...

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »
Sorry for having an opinion that is different from yours.

If anything, I'd like to see more tournaments open up to cp, koth, crazy king matches. They open a new plethora of tactics that you won't find in a DM, and makes things more interesting.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against labyrinth though, which Im not sure why that is. Isn't the point of multiple maps to broaden the base level of tactics involved instead of shrinking that, and leaving us with less?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 04:42:15 pm »
Sorry for having an opinion that is different from yours.

I never said I had a problem with that. If you don't like the poll, don't vote in it. Simple as that. I'm not asking you not to state your opinion, which you can do without the poll.

If anything, I'd like to see more tournaments open up to cp, koth, crazy king matches. They open a new plethora of tactics that you won't find in a DM, and makes things more interesting.

Absolutely. I really, really want there to be a capture the point tournament. I... Actually love Scrap. Anglean and Refinery are also great. I'd really like to see what strategies people would come up with.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against labyrinth though, which Im not sure why that is. Isn't the point of multiple maps to broaden the base level of tactics involved instead of shrinking that, and leaving us with less?

I do! Thanks for noticing. One of my main reasons is that the first team to capture the point will almost always win. It's stupidly hard to take it away due to how quickly a killed ship can come back. It doesn't make for very good matches. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to have a single CP map among several DM maps. It'd be better if there were several CP maps.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »
I do! Thanks for noticing. One of my main reasons is that the first team to capture the point will almost always win. It's stupidly hard to take it away due to how quickly a killed ship can come back. It doesn't make for very good matches. Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to have a single CP map among several DM maps. It'd be better if there were several CP maps.

It is ridiculously hard to take the point from the other team, that is if their good enough, even if they aren't, just holding out while we pound at them can be enough to distract us from the point of the match.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »
I never said I had a problem with that. If you don't like the poll, don't vote in it. Simple as that. I'm not asking you not to state your opinion, which you can do without the poll.

I took your post as hostile, so in that instance that's my mistake.

Clicking an option on a poll is much easier than making an argument against it. Point being, your poll will only show people who want maps gone, vs the number of people who think it's fine as is.

Absolutely. I really, really want there to be a capture the point tournament. I... Actually love Scrap. Anglean and Refinery are also great. I'd really like to see what strategies people would come up with.

Well we agree then, in a way. I really do like Scrap, and tell anyone who complains when it gets voted in to go jump into a sand storm. Issue there is 1. those are all 3v3 and 2. I'll touch on in the next segment here.

First, I can see where you come from with a killed ship coming back too fast to block the point again, which might just mean tweaking the capture rate on labyrinth. I still don't think it is impossible. Judging it based on 2-3 matches in cog's history isnt too fair, though i've only watched the last one from this weekend. I don't think they lost because it was CP.

I've always considered the single CP argument weak. But, it just shows that we need more 2v2 CP maps, either new or converted.

Finally, is that tournaments shouldn't always try to separate CP from DM. A 3v3 tourney featuring all of the maps in a more-than-one-day format would be extremely fun to participate in.

I personally don't mind Labyrinth in the cog rotation, of which I may be a minority. Just getting it out there.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 05:23:45 pm »
Clicking an option on a poll is much easier than making an argument against it. Point being, your poll will only show people who want maps gone, vs the number of people who think it's fine as is.

I suppose that's true. I'll add an option for that.

But, it just shows that we need more 2v2 CP maps, either new or converted.

Finally, is that tournaments shouldn't always try to separate CP from DM. A 3v3 tourney featuring all of the maps in a more-than-one-day format would be extremely fun to participate in.

Agreed on both points.

I personally don't mind Labyrinth in the cog rotation, of which I may be a minority. Just getting it out there.

I respect your point of view. It's only a matter of opinion, after all.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 08:53:10 pm »
While I'd love Duel removed too, I think for the health of the competitive side Dunes and Labyrinth need to go. But most importantly Dunes...burn it, rip it up, and take a leak on it's remains. Then landfill it because it is not even worthy enough to be compost.

Offline Nidh

• Salutes: 16
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 01:09:50 am »
Fjords should go, not because of the map, I personally love the map, but because of the crap spawning... Duel at Dawn has pretty bad spawning too now that I think about it.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 08:50:55 am »
Fjords spawning is disgusting for sure. It really holds the map back.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 09:48:12 am »
fjords spawn should be further away from each other to prevent massive damage burst in 3 seconds from some ship combos and builds

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 01:02:06 pm »
Just curious, why do some people not like Duel at Dawn?