Author Topic: Boring 2 hour game  (Read 6945 times)

Offline SDP.Panther

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Boring 2 hour game
« on: May 15, 2013, 06:46:38 am »
Last night I had this really boring and long game, it was 2 vs 2 our team both had galeons and they both had small fast ships. All they did the whole time was fly away from us and just shooting from great distance. (we only had close combat guns) Ofcourse they could not destroy us, but neither could we destroy them.

This went on for hours and most of the people on my team just quit the game.
Maybe there should be some time limit for gametypes like team deathmatch?

Gimme your 2 cents.

Greetz. SDP.Panther

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Boring 2 hour game
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 08:38:25 am »
Apparently there is a time limit: 2 and a half hours. You were almost there!

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 07:37:27 pm »
2.5 hours does seem like a long time. The longest I've seen a match was 45 minutes- Cogs snipe mayhem. Perhaps an hour would be better? I'd suspect that 99.7% of all matches end before that, anyway.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 07:50:18 pm »
I have had some grossly long games like that. One game recently involved new captains and all squids. Most of the captains did not know how to equip a squid and nobody seemed too inclined to play bumper cars. Still it was pretty tense.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »
The limit used to be one hour, but it was raised immediately following a match in Refinery (right after it came out) in which Lehran, Zill, Firestone, yours truly, and others participated. We got booted mid-battle. Granted, we were doing more searching than playing...

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »
Fencing has a way of resolving overlong standoffs. When a match reaches overtime a coin flip is made to determine "priority." The fencer who has "priority" will win at the end of the next minute unless the other fencer scores a point on them. Thus if you have two overly conservative players one will be forced onto the offensive if they loose the coin toss. Yet both fencers still have an opportunity to resolve the match the popper way (by stabbing the other guy).

Offline SDP.Panther

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 06:55:10 am »
Maybe something like suddendeath at 1 hour would be nice, make all ships marked and remove all armor or something like that?

Greetz. Way2Evil