Author Topic: Banshee  (Read 11054 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Banshee
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:05:25 am »
Do you guys think the banshee would be more useful if it had shatter damage like it's brothers?  Perhaps they could replace the fire chance with shatter damage.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Banshee
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 11:08:47 am »
I use a the banshee very successfully on the side of my junker. I think the fire chance was a nice touch and should stay. To me it's more of a disable/kill gun, as it still does enough damage to pop a boat with its armor gone.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »
I actually really like the concept of the banshee as well with it's mid range fire starting. Fire used to be a bit op and then it was nerfed. As it creeps back into balance it will make this gun really fun to use. Heavy clip aimed at weapons anyone?

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »
Banshee is the rare kind of gun that benefits from just about every ammo type.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 06:24:33 pm »
I think this falls more broadly into fire issues. Fire doesn't do all that much right now, and therefore the unique feature of the gun is useless.

Offline Sylas Firehammer

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:06:23 pm »
Today in the Cogs matches, Sammy had a banshee on the front of our junker. It actually seems to be fairly useful there for a few reasons!

A: it can be fired fast between hull cool downs

B: it doesn't need tons of commitment, like a Gatling

C: it annoys the piss out of engineers with the fire.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
Banshee fire isn't very annoying at all, to be perfectly honest. It rarely gets above 2 or 3 stacks, so it's really easy to deal with (and often ignore).

Good to see you guys were able to make use of it, though. The banshee's seen so little use since it got nerfed.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 04:22:27 am »
Well sunderland Maybe and I do mean maybe, because I know I'm a bad engineer and this is something that I've done. The Banshee just dropping a few stacks on a bunch of components forces the engineer to run around like crazy and maybe force a misclick here and there so he just put out the fire without repairing now hes got to wait for the cooldown timer or go repair other things and leave the component with damage.

Like I said this probably just works on me because I'm a bad engineer.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:10:11 am »
I could see the banshee getting more use if the charges to disable a gun was reduced. That combined with greased rounds would make this gun very fun to use again.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 12:44:26 pm »
The banshee makes a fantastic 3rd gun for a trifecta. I used Artemis for a brief time but the turning rate nerf really killed it's usefulness in this roll. Fires are annoying enough that one or two stacks on the balloon is sufficient to keep the enemy's engies from double teaming the hull. For me it is still all about the flack gat.

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:58 pm »
Sammy put the banshee on the front of his ship just because we could not think of anything better to put while still grieving the loss of our dear friend the Artemis.
I am a Banshee hater, It's only real use is some fire stacks that wont even faze good engineers (sunderland) and bad hull damage.
Besides those small stacks of fire the Banshee is the WORST to balloon damage, WORST at component damage, WORST at armor damage, and is way below average at hull dps even though it is all explosive.
It is super easy to shoot as a trifecta gun but its not worth putting a man on it or lining up the shots.

I suggest always choosing flares over banshees
They turn better, they can dissable guns or take down balloons, they add HUGE stacks of fire, and the long reload time is great because your crew member will go back to his real job while it loads.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:13:25 pm by JaceBoojah »

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »
I personally love the Banshee- pretty much all ammo types benefit the gun. Its got fire potential without using incendiary rounds, which pull engineers from their duties in order to deal with it. While there are 'better' choices, I love the rotation speed on it, as well as the chaos that it can cause with greased at close, lesmok at long, burst on engines, etc etc.

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 07:55:35 pm »
It's got a good range, good accuracy, great turning arc, good turn speed, a chance to start fires (making it a hybrid utility/lethal weapon) and a good synergy with ammo types.  However, it deals pitiful DPS.

I feel if its DPS was bumped up, and given a ballistic arc so it's harder to use, it'd be a much more competent weapon.  Right now, I enjoy putting it on the front of my Junker to be used at any range in a trifecta.