Author Topic: COGs Week 8 Papa's Post Analysis  (Read 18899 times)

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
COGs Week 8 Papa's Post Analysis
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1jQ8LXyJw0

Week 8 hot off the press', ran a bit long this week so if you don't feel like watching all of it, use the annotations to navigate to the games you would like to watch. Like, comment, subscribe, and enjoy!

BAMF of The Week: Sammy B.T.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: COGs Week 8 Papa's Post Analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:32:36 am »
The destructoid/brood analysis was spot on. We went into that match with a simple idea that all things being equal (junker pyra vs junker pyra with similar builds) our crew was better as it was more experienced and Jace and I communicated better. Therefore we decided to pretty much just blitz the hell out of them and it turned out to be quite effective. Once we got the first kill it was functionally a constant 2 v 1.

In the brood/bfs game, thanks for noticing the kerosene/tar barreling. Veyka did a perfect job as my hull engineer but it was really sylas' work as my back engineer that kept my ship alive and kicking. Sylas and I have flown a lot together and he is good at sensing when I am going to be using tools.

Something that I am not sure might not have been evident in the stream as they didn't soom on my ship much. I was running two buff engineers. Sylas my up top guy was pipe wrench, fire ext, and buff and Ofiach my downstairs guy was mallet, buff, and spanner. This allowed my egnines to functionally always be buffed and my guns to be often buffed. In addition Sylas would keep his flak guns pre buffed and only fire them once the hull armor was down. With the buff, it was functionally having a fifth shot (4.8 shots to be specific.) This waiting for the right shot allows Sylas to really focus on keeping the engines up.

I can't stress enough how much the title of BAMF you bestowed upon me really rests on the laurels of my crew. Their efficiency is what made me able to fly well beyond anything I thought possible.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 02:39:23 am »
Nice analysis as usual papa, looking forward to next week's uber final tournament talk up.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »
The destructoid/brood analysis was spot on. We went into that match with a simple idea that all things being equal (junker pyra vs junker pyra with similar builds) our crew was better as it was more experienced and Jace and I communicated better. Therefore we decided to pretty much just blitz the hell out of them and it turned out to be quite effective. Once we got the first kill it was functionally a constant 2 v 1.

In the brood/bfs game, thanks for noticing the kerosene/tar barreling. Veyka did a perfect job as my hull engineer but it was really sylas' work as my back engineer that kept my ship alive and kicking. Sylas and I have flown a lot together and he is good at sensing when I am going to be using tools.

Something that I am not sure might not have been evident in the stream as they didn't soom on my ship much. I was running two buff engineers. Sylas my up top guy was pipe wrench, fire ext, and buff and Ofiach my downstairs guy was mallet, buff, and spanner. This allowed my egnines to functionally always be buffed and my guns to be often buffed. In addition Sylas would keep his flak guns pre buffed and only fire them once the hull armor was down. With the buff, it was functionally having a fifth shot (4.8 shots to be specific.) This waiting for the right shot allows Sylas to really focus on keeping the engines up.

I can't stress enough how much the title of BAMF you bestowed upon me really rests on the laurels of my crew. Their efficiency is what made me able to fly well beyond anything I thought possible.

Kudos to your entire crew because the way that ship moved and fought was incredible.

Offline Spasmic Monkey

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 05:51:01 am »
It's a shame that Gilders post is still removed.  He had a right to say what he did and it's unfair that he got picked on for telling the truth.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 09:02:45 pm »
BAMF of the week this time has to be either Ofiach, for his amazing Pyramidion flying (charging the Paddling and landing a kill, wow), or Skyraider, for being a badass with his backwards flying through the Canyons and Pyramidion evading.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:07 am »
Surely the next analysis will be different videos.

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 10:02:39 am »
BAMF of the week this time has to be either Ofiach, for his amazing Pyramidion flying (charging the Paddling and landing a kill, wow), or Skyraider, for being a badass with his backwards flying through the Canyons and Pyramidion evading.

2 kills, actually.
They hit us really hard with that play. Ofiachs ship may have been destroyed in the process, but that charge set the tone for that brawl.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 10:03:51 am »

2 kills, actually.
They hit us really hard with that play.

My initial reaction was "What the HELL are you doing?!?", followed by silent amazement.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »
Gotta love heat of the moment planning  :P.

Also morblitz miss a GDMFin shot with that lumberjack next time please. :P

Can't wait to see papa P rip apart me and zwaene's comms issues..... I blame his dutchness. <3

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 10:45:33 pm »
Can't wait to see papa P rip apart me and zwaene's comms issues..... I blame his dutchness. <3

He's Belgian.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 10:47:08 pm »
Zwaene is dutch ask any pastafarian except zwaene himself!

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »
He's Flemish, which is a lot like being Dutch except ou live in Belgium.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 11:26:13 pm »
You are all wrong, he is Dutch! How else can you get him to cuss you out in freaky deaky dutch, unless he is dutch!

I love you Zwaene please don't hurt me.

Offline Moriarty

• Salutes: 18
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 12:30:34 am »
I'd heard the man was Hungarian.