Author Topic: Fjord Baronies  (Read 70088 times)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Fjord Baronies
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 09:19:37 am »
nah... the refinery is just where Yiski makes his plushies.... I wouldn't ask questions.... people tend to disappear when questions are asked.... on a more on topic note, I need to read those messages more closely... I didn't know they were in the Baronies

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 05:14:31 pm »
so many small teasers, but no lore :p

Offline Dr Pantaleon

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 07:54:34 pm »
Well, my laptop takes its sweet time to load, so I always have some time to kill. That is most easily done by reading the map descriptions... in the most dramatic british accent possible

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 11:44:54 pm »
Well, my laptop takes its sweet time to load, so I always have some time to kill. That is most easily done by reading the map descriptions... in the most dramatic british accent possible

Pretty sure I know the Paritan and Labyrinth ones by heart, they take forever to load on my laptop.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:51 am »
a little fictional background.

when a baron has 3 sons it is only natural that 1 will heir his lands. 1 will join the religious order and take a high position.
the last son with nothing to lose will be sent forth with an army, settling in new lands. Creating new taxes for the great king greger who sits on his throne of steel.

When a former king saw that the resources of the fjords depleted, he launched a desperate attack against the Chaladon order, who he blamed for not helping them in their desperate situation. The attack failed and many sons were lost. The Baronies began to starve and the pressure of the northern raiders kept the borders at war. It was then that the King died, and it was then Greger the Great took the throne and drove the northern barbarians back.
Being a great leader King Greger quickly established new trade routes to the south and to the west towards Anvala.
The southern lands proved trade with the mercantile guild, but the greedy Anvalans kept their riches to themselves. pushing the baronies to the west King Greger promised every noble man the lands they could take. Anvala would know the might of the Baronies.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 04:58:53 am »
sorry to say but the title of this topic actually sounds like Fjord Bronies....

like the fictional background though.

Offline Dr Pantaleon

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2014, 01:35:36 pm »
Random question that recently popped up in my head:

What's the corresponding adjective for the Fjord Baronies?

A person from the Yesha Empire can be called a Yeshan, we obviously have Anglean Raiders and a chicken from the Arashi League is most certainly an Arashi chicken. But what about the Baronies?
I believe the adjective describing a Baron is "baronial", so would you refer to people from the Baronies as Baronials? Or maybe Fjordlanders?

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2014, 02:26:37 pm »
Random question that recently popped up in my head:

What's the corresponding adjective for the Fjord Baronies?

A person from the Yesha Empire can be called a Yeshan, we obviously have Anglean Raiders and a chicken from the Arashi League is most certainly an Arashi chicken. But what about the Baronies?
I believe the adjective describing a Baron is "baronial", so would you refer to people from the Baronies as Baronials? Or maybe Fjordlanders?

honestly the fjord baronies are one of the most complex and mysterious factions as of right now, they just haven't been fleshed out as much as other factions (in a public document anyway) and feudal systems are very dense social structures. so we really wont know for sure until we are given more information.

but if i had to hazard a guess, it would depend on how closely you are looking at it. someone within the society would most likely identify with the particular barony they live in. while, people from other societies would probably identify everyone from there collectively. and i think something along the lines of fjordlanders is close to what would be used. as the kingdom is always referred to in reference to the fjords (at least in everything i have read).

Offline Dr Pantaleon

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 05:44:27 am »
someone within the society would most likely identify with the particular barony they live in.

Good point, as far as we know the Baronies are very heterogenous. I could imagine that which blood lines you are part of plays a very big role for the nobles, and the commoners identify with the noble family they swore fealty to.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »
It's obvious, since people from the Nether Lands in our society are called the Dutch then people from the Fjord Lands would be called the Butch.

There solved it, they're all called Butch.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »
It's obvious, since people from the Nether Lands in our society are called the Dutch then people from the Fjord Lands would be called the Butch.

There solved it, they're all called Butch.

That right there my friends is called Science.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2014, 10:01:08 pm »
Fjordlanders is the term I've heard more often. Don't think they've ever said anything else.

Offline TyberiusTheThird

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 05:27:59 pm »
 A quick fix for poor Baronies and their necks:

Offline Dr Pantaleon

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2014, 08:46:45 am »
I like it! Beautiful combination of medieval armor and 19th century military uniforms.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2014, 12:20:46 pm »
huh, I thought the man's neck was mostly fine, but the woman's was egregious.