Author Topic: Slot Locking  (Read 54985 times)

Offline impydog

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
    • STRAY DAGZ Steam Group
Re: Slot Locking
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 04:03:03 pm »
Narayan's idea is worth trying.  I think he has made his points well, the jokes were appropriate and amusing.  He is trying to suggest ways to keep the game alive, and that is worth something methinks.

I'd love to see GoI revived from it's current state.  Once upon a time there was a vibrant social scene in lobbies with few trolls and some really fun matches.  I have made some truly excellent friends through the GoI community and there is still no other game like it, so it would be a shame to let it die now.

The PVP mode is still more thrilling and enjoyable than Alliance for many players.  I don't enjoy stacking the odds against the enemy team, I like a good even match that everyone has fun playing, win or lose, and this has become very difficult to achieve for some time now.  Narayan's idea could work out well, or be abused, but I tend to think it's worth trying.

A kick feature would also be worth trying.

The idea of locking slots and vote kicking crew would help players to drive out the bad elements and keep people they enjoy playing with.  It might also set a standard by which players should conduct themselves, which is lacking.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 05:21:41 pm »
The idea of slot locking is interesting, I'd be interested in seeing the concept put into practice, even if it was temporarily added into the Dev App to see what happens.

If I were to perhaps propose another idea, this one is a proposal for having players join ships.
If a player joins a specific slot mid match, they are forcibly given a recommended loadout.
So in the ship menu, you have the three recommend slots, each one will correspond with a specific slot. You specify the requirements.
Yes, you will need to recommend them in lobby. But if you join mid-match, you will be given it anyway, to avoid compromise.
This would also work best if muse was to perhaps implement a limited. (i.e. Slot 2 is the only Toggle Engineer / Gunner Role Slot. The other's are engineer by default.).

Your thoughts?

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 05:42:19 pm »
Who let you into SkBo and allowed you to speak on the clan's behalf? You also have the nerve to use Glorious Leader's words to promote whatever agenda it is you have with this post? You'll be hearing from the Sky Council for this one, Slork. I'll do everything in my power as Official Wine Taster to have you removed from the ranks. Scrub.

Nobody I joined you on alts as a scrub.

Offline Hilary Briss

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 05:43:17 pm »
Clearly the answer is to play Alliance.  The lobby can't be stacked if there is only one team. :p

True but I have the SyFy channel for my SyFy fix.

Offline Hilary Briss

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 05:55:50 pm »
Naryan as u said the game is dead, so can u just go away now and not come back plz thx bai.

And people Call Narayan Toxic. You lot did nothing but destroy every ship with new players on it every sale just like a free lunch. I have been there when yours and other so called respected clans did this & laughed about it.

The majority of you are rude to new players and don't teach them anything, in fact you tend to ignore questions from new players when asked. How do I know this? I have flown with skbo clan members on several occasions, when able to get on a stacked ship.... How you can look in the mirror whilst slagging of Narayan in the same breath for putting forward ideas is a joke, and only serves to highlight how toxic you actually are.

When I think of the hundreds of hours I spent teaching only for the top clans to smash the new players makes my effort null and void. Even had a Rydr surrender and still keep fighting to kill a level  5 pilot I was teaching. Oh yes elitism is alive and well. The majority of you have helped kill this game with stack after stack after stack never offering a rematch; when the stack was not in your favor. Players and clans of this douchery should only ever be in events and should not be in gen pop. All giggling like prepubescent teens getting moist over a fresh batch of noobs to kill.

Signed
A CA that did what was needed of them.

I understand how my joke was toxic, as the intention was a stab at Naryan (stabs in nature being toxic). I did not mean to cause you any personal offense from it.
     As for your statement towards SkBo, and other "so called respected" clans (I thank you for the new title) destroying ships during "every sale just like a free lunch," you are correct. But I think that this has no negative connotation as you phrased it to have. You have, just told me that us Respected Clans, play the game during sales, and end up killing people, and have fun~! And yes, its true! During some sales I will play the game and sometimes there will be an enemy ship with new players on it, and (oh the horror) I will LAUGH, I will have FUN. I will enjoy the game. (Shame on me?)
Now I am assuming that your intention behind this claim is that we were stacking, and that stacking is inherently bad, and we were having fun doing so, and this therefore causes us to go from respectable, to "so called respected". I understand where you are coming from with this. Stacking and crushing lower levels obviously deters them away from the game, and I believe that everyone really has stacked. You yourself have said so. But, I can say from experience that on this, and my novice level alternate accounts, I still see strong effort from vets to swap ships and balance lobbies in almost every match. For if they dont, someone usually calls them out on it, and they then do. They have reason and initiative to keep lobbies balanced. Even if I personally find stacking and winning, a fun and enjoyable activity, that not only makes me "giggle like" a "prepubescent teen," and "moist," but also makes my throbbing dick rock hard with pure ecstasy, I still put forth effort to balance lobbies. But of course you can only balance a lobby so much in a game where people want to fly with their friends, and as is the nature of the game; one team wins and is happy, and another team loses and is sad. I apologize that this happens. But you have to look past this fact, and realize that people try al the time to stop stacks, but sometimes, they do happen... and yes... not everyone is upset when it happens... (reference my throbbing cock statement)
As for your statement that you "once saw" a member of the so called respectable Storm Ryder's clan surrender and still keep fighting to kill a level 5 pilot I was teaching;" If he surrendered, then the captain was Lue and he had a novice on his crew he was upset with (Lue does as Lue does), and yes, I am just as surprised as you that he didn't suicide into a cliff until the novice stopped being AFK or trolling (I dont blame him). But you seem to be trying to say with this statement that, he was being an "Elitist" "Douche," by playing in a match that resulted in a loss for a novice, that you were teaching. I cannot tell if you are humoring us here, or if you actually think that everyone in the game should just be able to win all the time and no one should lose as it makes people sad.

And as for your signature "A CA that did what was needed of them," I will tell you that I did not know that proper CA's add fire to toxic people like Sir Captain Slork Glork of the Most So Called Respected Clan The Skyborne That is Actually a Bunch of Silly Goof Gaffs Stackers, and in doing so unarguably break Code of Conduct rules #1 for Profanity/Obscenity, and rule #2 for Harassment. And you might be thinking, oh my, but captain Sir Slork Glork of the Most So Called Respected Clan The Skyborne, your whole post has been rude and defamatory and has included rude and coarse language, oh my, and people do this all the time on the forum, how come you are calling my out here for it!? But I never made a post with the intention of saying I was a proper noobie loving CA, who has done everything in his power to help the community, while fierce wolves of top tier clans struck them down, oh my!

TL;DR/ To sum things up:
                        I feel like you are trying to glorify yourself as a beautiful and righteous acting CA (ur signature in last post lol) who deserves more for his hard work to keep the game alive, and everyone else is a horrible person, as they are war mongrels hungry for stomping the enemy, and worst of all like having fun. And you believe that Vets have killed this game, and we need to reform them into good doing machines for the sake of the community, that will always let the newbies win. IMO its amazing that the game has lived so long, and developed such a dedicated community as is, when many other games of Guns' stature have already fallen to the grave.
                       And i don't necessarily think Naryan is toxic i just think his ideas are often kinda lackluster in reason[ing]. Though I find myself actually agreeing with his tone here (and the reasoning for having this idea [not the idea itself]) in the sentence  "...i would like to suggest to help balance out lobbies and game play for everyone in our low pop state." As I said previously this game is amazing and the fact that it has made it this far is a miracle in itself. but the game had fallen (not even an angelic community would have stopped this, every game dies out at some point), to a low pop state and creating ideas to deal with balance in the current state is much better than complaining about how we got to this state. Kudos to you Naryan.

I will be happy to respond to any retort you have to this jumble of text written by a horrible so called respectable stacker. me.

Edit: Dmitrij K., has voiced that where you said "Players and clans of this !#$%@$ should only ever be in events and should not be in gen pop," he is in full agreement. Plz get us vets some cool events

For the record I was thinking of just PMing this retort as a private reply, with the intention of not stirring up fuss that has nothing to do with the thread it is in, but Mr. Briss, as a CA that does "what is needed of them," I figured he must have taken this into consideration with his original defaming post, and come to the conclusion that stirring up a fuss in public on the forums [and breaking the CoC] was the way to go, so I am merely following in his prestigious example. (I also didnt want to ruin any "so called respectable" Clan's rep by not making a statement on the matter)

I have over 3/4's on my time as engineer. So all I do is repair the ship and stop if from dying. The worst thing you can say about me is firing some mines in between fixing things. On occasion when doing just that engineering fixing the ship. I have been accused of staking; so stopped repairing the ship. I don't make stacks and never have, I am just the greasemonkey.

I only echo what new players in lobby's have said after a thorough drubbing off named clans. Can't handle the truth. That's your issue not mine. Stackers should really be ashamed. A Good vet stacked match V stack is fair. But the clans I mentioned Rydr's Skbo and others still never offered rematches. Hell as a Dagz we always used ask for a rematch type it in chat ' vote for rematch for team scramble' Then sneer as you were not fair enough to stay for a rematch when the teams were scrambled. That was and still is pathetic.

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 06:39:21 pm »
So stacking goes to a deeper issue that I can actually have some empthy with right now, you want consistancy of play. You aren't always in the mood to explain why a buff hammer isn't needed, you don't always want to train, sometimes you just wanna play. I get it.

To address Mann the reason your proposal doesn't go far enough and why I think slot locking is the only solution is because it doesn't provide that consistency. Even if they have the correct tools a lvl 3 engine will not preform as well as an ai, especially in the high level stacked matches I am often faced with. I need a way to have the consistency in performance the stackers do.

What's more intimidating

Narayan                       Narayan
Lvl 23                          Lvl 23
Lvl 14                          Ai
Lvl 6                            Ai

Which goldfish is more likely to beat skbo or other high levels in a stacked lobby?

When you choose your ship loadout do you also consider the ability of the crew you have?

If you do then when you hit ready to play the match your ship is based of what you have not what may join. And even if those people have the right tools, if they don't have the right skills you'll loose the match.

That's why we need slot lock, not forced auto switch for mid match joins.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:43:12 pm by Narayan »

Offline Narayan

• [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 06:52:57 pm »
We've developed this mentality and it's really sad that, oh well you got the noob and unless some mirical happens you're gonna lose.

To counter this people stack because we all know how bad a new random can mess up not just your ship but your team we all have countless horror stories, but we just keep telling ourselves that new players belong in our matches, or we should accept it as a flaw in the game.

They don't belong in high level matches tho, it's bad for them to get stomped and its bad for us to have them on our crews when we don't want them. They don't know any better they just want to play the game. They don't understand the consequences of hitting the ready button with a bad loadout or no crew.

It hurst them as well because they can't learn the game naturally and ease into it they get smoked and think oh well this game sucks cause I'm bad at it. We need a way to separate players based on level and since their aren't enough lobbies or enough players I think locking them out of slots is the best way.

This way no one gets more new players than they can or want to train, and excess noobs can go to a noob lobby.

Offline Rareform K. Rozhkov

• Salutes: 84
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Skyborne Site
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 07:30:17 pm »

Offline Rareform K. Rozhkov

• Salutes: 84
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Skyborne Site
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »
Who let you into SkBo and allowed you to speak on the clan's behalf? You also have the nerve to use Glorious Leader's words to promote whatever agenda it is you have with this post? You'll be hearing from the Sky Council for this one, Slork. I'll do everything in my power as Official Wine Taster to have you removed from the ranks. Scrub.

That awkward moment when Solidusbucket is speaking to The Most So Called Respectable Captain Slork Glork, but you think he was talking to you (also u forgot an "L" in Hillary).

Offline Hilary Briss

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 10:05:04 pm »

That awkward moment when Solidusbucket is speaking to The Most So Called Respectable Captain Slork Glork, but you think he was talking to you (also u forgot an "L" in Hillary).

No I did not miss and 'L' in Hilary.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:02 pm »
You added a D to "an". A big ole' D. Like that big ole' Solidus D that Splork is gonna get if he doesn't stop wearin the SkBo tag.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2017, 04:06:22 am »
Come on people, lets keep this thread civil and on topic.

Offline Narayan

• [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2017, 04:38:18 am »
Did my reply makes sense to you Mann?

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2017, 07:33:15 am »
Guys, what the flying fuck.

You crossed the line when even a vicious fuckface like meself tells you, that you are dragging the conversation through the bloody sewer.

Stay on topic and quit your private wars around here.

What's missing an L got to do with fucking anything Glork? Nothing, because this is a pitiful, lame, weak personal assault. And it's got absolutely nothing with anything dammit.

And Rowho - Solidus was scoffing his henchmam, so to say, not talking about you. Although I start to think I have mistaken you for someone else, cause Rowho I knew was much, much more level-headed.

You both reached the point, where people notorious for their reputation like me or Narayan are in 100% right to look down upon you with scorn, cause they act much more civil than what you display. Gz.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 08:08:18 am »
I think the response will be passworded lobbies.

That is sort of what this idea is[ish]. Although part of me likes this idea, the other part does not like the complications that may exist to get someone on my boat.

Instead, I would rather there be an easier way to gather people into a lobby. Here are some ideas for this: being able to convert the lobby from 2v2 to 3v3 and back again would be a start. Being able to see everyone online with a filter by level would be another help. Having a more prominant notification alert would greatly help in a lot of ways. Being able to copy/paste in-game would be nice, too.