Author Topic: Dev App Testing change-log: 16 June, 2017  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Dev App Testing change-log: 16 June, 2017
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:33:42 pm »
PvP:

Aten Lens Array Mk. S:
  • 200 shots
  • 10 shots per second
  • No jitter
  • Single 'shot' (no buckshot)
  • 30% chance of single fire per hit.
  • 40deg side arcs
  • 25deg up and down
  • 0.8 Piercing on Direct
  • 1 Fire on Burst

New KOTH map:
  • Ashen Kerfuffle (2v2 and 3v3)

Ammo Changes:

Burst:
  • +50% AOE
  • +10% AOE damage
  • -15% RoF

Extended Magazine ("Pirate" in game):
  • +30% clip
  • -10% RoF
  • -15% damage
30% over 25% only effects light carro, Gat, mortar, and flamer, so should be a good move. Changed the rof and removed some damage due to 2 shot gun concerns.

Lochnagar:
  • -50% Rate of Fire. (from 0)
  • -50% Clip Size. (from 60%)
  • -90% Rotation Speed (from 80%)
  • -60% Jitter
No change to other stats.
Removed the higher jitter reduction by request

Greased:
  • +100% jitter
+20% jitter is hardly noticeable. All shots of Gat were able to hit a Spire at max Greased range. Pushing to a more extreme number to find the upper limits of acceptable jitter increase.

Heatsink
  • Vanilla clip and ROF
  • Extinguishes all fires on reload
  • +50% turn speed
  • -20% velocity
No change from last week. It was deemed a good fire recovery option that should pair well with the fire tools.

PvE:

Infiltrate Map - Wandering Ridge

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
And the Graveyard!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 09:30:50 am »
In addition, we are also testing Graveyard, a 2v2 to 4v4 Deathmatch based on the Skyball map (Skyball will return when the mystery game crashing bug is found)

2v2 has adjusted spawns, the others do not yet until we evaluate the new spawns.

If anyone is counting, the addition of the two new maps will gives us a total of 11 2v2 DM, 11 3v3 DM, 4 4v4 DM, 2 2v2 koth, and 3 3v3 koth.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App Testing change-log: 16 June, 2017
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 09:52:59 am »
Graveyard might also make a good KOTH map, honestly. Put the point in the center of the ribs, low rather than high.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: And the Graveyard!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 10:04:20 am »
In addition, we are also testing Graveyard, a 2v2 to 4v4 Deathmatch based on the Skyball map (Skyball will return when the mystery game crashing bug is found)

2v2 has adjusted spawns, the others do not yet until we evaluate the new spawns.

If anyone is counting, the addition of the two new maps will gives us a total of 11 2v2 DM, 11 3v3 DM, 4 4v4 DM, 2 2v2 koth, and 3 3v3 koth.

It's great that you've included the spawns here, because otherwise I mightve overlooked them while focusing on the game during playtest.

On blue's side, I think C4 spawn needs to be moved to C5, behind the Engine. The reasoning is pretty simple - makeshift spawn protection. D3/4 needs to be edged closer to 4, behind the rib instead of inbetween. Rest looks pretty alright, though for A 3/4 there are two options that might make it slightly better: Edge it to B 3/4, or move to to A4, but add cloud rotation to the west corridor if it wasn't present already.

Red spawns are all fine except C2. I don't know where to put it, either C/D2, or C 1/2.

Infact, I'd prefer we play around with the idea of giving the teams Diagonal spawns instead. That being, Blue spawn occupies the general area to Northwest while Red takes Southeast. It's already been employed in some of the current maps (Paritan, even Duel a little bit) and is particularly useful when a map is too small to spread the spawns around, or the spawns aren't defensible enough on all directions. In this case the direction I chose for both teams' spawns appear to give some of the best cover on the map, so you can see the idea in effect that despite it being more clumped, it would hold off better agains't a good spawncamp. Of course, this doesn't mean all the spawns have to be in the same direction. Having one of them at the opposite lateral direction is always healthy.

I'd also love to get a general idea of cloud rotation in this map  aswell. Roughly speaking, I'd like some clouds orbiting the entire West corridor, E3-5 and maybe, just maybe some orbiting middle really high, if the flight ceiling is large enough.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:17:04 am by MightyKeb »

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:14:12 pm »
Ashen Kerfuffle

PLS
L
S

Extended Magazine ("Pirate" in game)

I need this explained to me. Is this a tentative name for the ammunition, or is it only available to players with the Pirate title? I don't understand. 

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 02:46:25 pm »
Pirate was just a small database mixup.