Author Topic: Pirates me Hearties  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Kenchmeister

• Salutes: 1
    • [MST]
    • View Profile
Pirates me Hearties
« on: May 08, 2013, 01:41:02 pm »
In the short term I think being able to see friendly and enemy players running around on their ship would be really cool just to add a bit more fun and realism to the game. I think being able to see what the enemies or friendly's are doing or using would allow the players to counter and attack more efficiently and effectively.

In the long run I think being able to board ships would be quite cool. Imagine jumping on an enemy ship taking out your scimitar and pistol and fighting them to the death. How awesome does that sound. But I understand that something like this would take an unbelievably long time therefore I listed it under the Long Term Developments.

Cheers Fellow Airpeople,  ;)
Kenchmeister

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates me Hearties
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »
Well if I remember correctly, we used to be able to see players on other ships before if you had maximum graphic settings. Though that seems to have been removed now, possibly due to preformance, but I'm not sure.

Boarding is, believe it or not, a very controversial question for many people here. It's been commonly suggested but as of now, and probably forever, won't be implemented due to two things.
1. MUSE is a small team with limited resources, as you yourself said, and something like this would take quite some effort and time to do right.
2. The approach their aiming towards now is mainly ship to ship combat, and something like boarding would possibly take the game in a completely different direction. For more info: http://gunsoficarus.com/faq/#saynotoboarding

But hey, it's always good with suggestions anyways, and feedback is always welcome :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:38:01 pm by Sgt. Spoon »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates me Hearties
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »
Set your settings to maximum and you should be able to see enemy crew.

And I'm sorry, but you should have read the sticky about boarding before posting this. Boarding will never be implemented, for the reasons stated by Spoon. This topic is being locked.