Author Topic: Dev App Testing change-log: 24 March, 2017  (Read 8447 times)

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Dev App Testing change-log: 24 March, 2017
« on: March 24, 2017, 12:45:50 pm »
Skirmish:
  • Fixed Skyball Crashes

Heavy Carronade:
  • 30° up arc from 20°
  • 35° side arcs from 25°

Heavy Clip:
  • -90% jitter (this was tested)
  • -20% ROF (new for this test)
  • Vanilla clip size. (new for this test)

Harpoon:
  • 80 Piercing (240 armor damage when buffed 20% + Charged)
  • 135 Flechette (390 balloon damage when buffed 20% + Charged)
  • 10s reload
  • 6s Rope duration
  • 250m/s velocity
  • 40 degrees up (reversed from 40 deg down)
  • 20 degrees down (reversed from 25 deg up)
  • 600m range (shorter range allows for longer rope duration due to phantom rope bug)
  • 12m/s2 drop (this gives it the same general path it has now, but 2x faster)
Alliance:
  • Farming Infiltration on Hell Difficulty
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:22:17 pm by Ayetach »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App Testing change-log: 24 March, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 05:37:31 pm »
  • Farming Infiltration on Hell Difficulty
*Gasp! You monsters...

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:11:54 pm »
Carronade plus Heavy Clip was good (a Carronade could now actually counter the other Carronade) and Harpoons were good damage-wise too, rather weak actually. As a Junker, I barely noticed armor damage from a Hades/Harpoon Pyra and the only time my balloon died was due to Carronades and scraping against enemy ships.

The Harpoon pull I found was actually really weak too. I don't remember that it was always this weak, but the only time I really felt it do something, was when ships tried to move away from each other once harpooned, so the Harpoon forced them back together.

Independently on how much pull force it has, I want the Harpoon's reel-in to go from "holding right click to reel-in" to "clock right click to toggle auto-reel-in". More often than not the Harpoon is used by an engineer who needs to repair. Since it doesn't do a lot of damage and takes a while for its effective to really be noticable, the person on the Harpoon should be able to leave it and fix stuff. A broken Harpoon should obviously deactive the auto-pull.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 12:36:45 pm »
This might not be the appropriate place for it, but I would like to add some comments on the new UI.

I like the return of the quick access to ship and character loadouts in the main menu, aswell as the instant transition button from alliance to skirmish and vice versa on the main menu. However, I don't think it's necessary for the weapon slots to look as big as they are compared to live - and I don't think it's necessary for the AI commands to be in the middle of the screen - since it's much harder to spot a tiny icon in there instead of up in one of the corners - and it isn't really an efficient way to command your crew anyways if that is the intention.

As for feedback on balance changes, my opinion is much the same of Dementio's.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 02:51:55 pm »
Here is fine so people can comment on each other's findings. We will collect the feedback for an email. There is talk in the Discord channels as well. You can also email your feedback.

The effect of -20% ROF on hwacha was interesting. Since the rockets travel much more slowly than when Heavy was first nerfed, it gives the effect of a very long trail of rockets. The low ROF makes hitting a moving target interesting, while still dodge-able at the longer ranges heavy clip would be used. Very viable.

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 10:39:29 am »
When charging the Heavy Cavitation Cannon, I couldn't use the V-command without firing the shot.
Charging - captain turns - I am out of arc - I press V in order to call the command for turning the ship back - shot is wasted anyways :(

Lobby UI:
make the loadout preview of crewmembers (the little window after clicking the icon left of the name) close by clicking anywhere except the window. I dont want to click close-button before I can see the toolset of the next. A minor thing, true.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:44:58 am by Psi Crow »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 02:09:06 pm »
Lobby UI:
make the loadout preview of crewmembers (the little window after clicking the icon left of the name) close by clicking anywhere except the window. I dont want to click close-button before I can see the toolset of the next. A minor thing, true.

As a captain, this is the single most annoying thing.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 07:54:20 pm »
Seconded on the UI. Lots of annoying lost time because of it.