Author Topic: MK II Guns  (Read 9939 times)

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
MK II Guns
« on: January 27, 2017, 04:12:15 pm »
In the fireside, the devs mentioned they'd look into introducing variants on existing guns that play differently, as inspired by their old-counterparts. This thread is to explore what variants on guns could be, and how differently they'd play.  The point is to make a MK II option that works on the same principles, but offers a completely different playstyle. This is just a general "what if" thread to give muse some ideas on how to make simple-but-interesting tweaks to introduce variants on weapons we like It's more an IDEA thread then a CRITIQUE thread.

For example:
Flak MK II (Ye Olde Flak is Bak)
2-shots
Additional damage per shot.
Cosmetic: Rust-covered barrel.

The Old Flak rewards well-placed skillshots with high-damage, encouraging the weapon to be used in a more specific manner.

Gatling MK II
Increased Jitter
Increased Fire rate
Decreased range
Cosmetic: More, smaller barrels that rotate on the gun. Maybe a butterfly-clip.

A return to the oldgat, The MkII gatling wouldn't require heavy clip to be effective at medium range due to the jitter increase, and would be useless at mid-long range even when armed with lesmok ammunition. However, the MKII gat trades flexibility and accuracty for close-range damage. This encourages the weapon to be used only in a close range brawl, preferably with ambush attacks.

Hwacha MK II
Decreased Jitter
Decreased Clip Size
Increased Projectile speed
Faster Reload
Decreased explosive damage.
Cosmetic: Instead of lions on the front of the gun, they are eagle-eyed griffins.

The MK II Hwacha offers mid-long range component disable power. Its faster projectiles offer a more consistent disable. This hwacha would offer a mid-range harassment and denial rather than a devastating close-range barrage.

Mine Launcher MK II
Attached to each mine is a small propeller that slowly pushes the mine forward on a wobbly path. These mines would be used more as slow-moving naval torpedoes, but not pack as much explosive punch.

That's all I've got, I'd love to read your ideas!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:17:44 pm by Kestril »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: MK II Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 05:01:41 pm »
I can't take this post seriously until you put on a hat.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »
I am wearing a hat look at the avatar :P

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 06:17:07 pm »

:P

Gj.

This is a really neat idea. Its like taking the guns that we love paird with the ammo we love and making it its own seperate thing.

I'm all for Muse making "new" content by working with what is there. Especially since Alliance is here. I want them to focus more on Alliance and just port shit / recycle shit.

I'm totally okay with that!

Alliance is fun, IMO and I know it will bring more people to PvP.

Obviously I love PvP (maybe not obvious, but I do). But Alliance is really, really good.

I want Muse to succeed and I think they are doing a great job.

Thank you for this.

As far as listening to the community and implementing changes the way the majority of the voiced opinion wants? I paid 5 dollars for this game over a year ago and have over 1700 hours in it. . .

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 08:03:39 pm »
I want Muse to succeed and I think they are doing a great job.

Thank you for this.

As far as listening to the community and implementing changes the way the majority of the voiced opinion wants? I paid 5 dollars for this game over a year ago and have over 1700 hours in it. . .

Yeah, I'm not on a crusade or anything, but the devs mentioned that it was their plan to take existing guns and re-use some assesets to quickly modify and make new content to skirmish, so I just started this thread so we could maybe help them along.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:10:44 pm by Kestril »

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 11:14:02 pm »
I like this. It's definitely a move that has been asked for by many, and if they end up following through with it, it'll be a wonderful addition.

I do say that they need to be balanced differently...

For the MKII Gatling, I'd rather it just be a twinned Lewis gun, similar to what was used on WWI fighters. It would appeal to a lot of people, and it would kiiind of be lore/ weapon mechanic friendly, as a rotary barrel IS designed to minimize recoil so as to make a weapon more accurate at range.

For the Hwacha MKII, I love the idea for that design, but only one head. Cut the ammunition amount and make it much more accurate, longer range and more effective at range, even without Heavy clip. The Hwacha is overused too often, and this would cut the monotony of it, and offer up a new way of doing things.

Flak, we need a howitzer. I will say point-blank-period, howitzer. Flak is built to be more noob friendly, and they could nerf it's damage a little more in order to give new flak even more speed and less drop, meanwhile, the Howitzer would have everything Old Flak had, but maybe with a faster reload than new flak.

And yes, torpedoes. Torpedoes would be fantastic, though I seriously doubt it would be a light... A torpedo system would have to be heavy.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 11:26:09 pm »
The mechanics for a guided torpedo are already in the game. Tempest missiles. Reduce to one missile without the crazy stuff, make it a big, slower projectile, stick in heavy gun. Boom, sky torpedo!

But I don't think these are what they mean by MK II guns. I believe they mean slightly modified existing models with different textures. Like, all the same animated parts, but different greebling. Like, maybe the Old Flak will have bits of rag hanging off like the Stormbreaker. Maybe slightly larger barrels. And definitely a different color.

Offline Naoura

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 11:31:19 pm »
I can understand that, Richard... But I can dream.... A ragtag Flak would still look cool, however, and for a slightly different model of flak, maybe a sawn-off barrel? I kind of like the idea of the dual gat, but I would still like to see a Lewis gun tossed in somewhere.

And yeah, when I say torpedo, I mean torpedo. Guided isn't the way, in my mind, for what a real torpedo is supposed to be; Area denial, high powered, easy to avoid, but punishing if you are too slow.

I wouldn't mind a kind of heavy missile from that however. Something that would be damaging, but balanced for guidance.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 12:54:58 am »
Destroy the gun while the torpedo is in the air, and it loses guidance. Sad torpedo.

I would like to see a slug version of the h carro. No stats in mind, but it would be interesting. Maybe a heavy, two shot version of the mortar. A real cannon.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:57:36 am by Richard LeMoon »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 05:11:40 am »

Mine Launcher MK II
Attached to each mine is a small propeller that slowly pushes the mine forward on a wobbly path. These mines would be used more as slow-moving naval torpedoes, but not pack as much explosive punch.

That's all I've got, I'd love to read your ideas!

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=1580.0

Offline Naoura

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 12:10:41 pm »
I think that'd be a little too much in the way of mechanics. And besides, it'd be too obnoxious for the gunner to do it that way.

"Yes! My torpedo is about to hit that Galleon full broadside!"

Metamob; "Nope".

Not sure about that one, Richard. Could be entertaining, could be annoying, like I said not sure.

@Gilder, did you ever see the torp concept I posted ages ago?

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 04:54:30 pm »
Gatling MK II

A return to the oldgat, The MkII gatling wouldn't require heavy clip to be effective at medium range due to the jitter increase, and would be useless at mid-long range even when armed with lesmok ammunition.

what

Anyways.

You already know people's opinions on getting old flak back. I don't have one so I'll leave it out.

Definitely interested in the more accurate, more disable-focused Hwacha. I've been wanting more reliable pure disable weapons for a while.