Author Topic: A cry for change  (Read 95198 times)

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: A cry for change
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2017, 08:43:05 pm »
Those cards (other than the introduction one) are all player made Schwalbe, that's not how we use trello internally. The problem with trello is the word didn't get out about it so it became just another diffused location that we had to watch and monitor, which takes time and with so few people using it was horribly inefficient.

The best places for feedback are email, the weekend testing groups, and in the player skype group, which if it hasn't been linked let me do that again.
https://join.skype.com/xHPWhHT6gPfM

As with the last changes to the mobula and wildweek, the skype group is one of the best places for discussion, though as jedi and Richard can attest it can get loud in there and people can disagree.

Naoura is right when he says its not DLC any more. The size is too large to have it be called a DLC and that's definitely poor planning on our part. We are where we are and a couple months away we need to get this out.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2017, 10:28:41 pm »
Yupo. Currently we are talking about screwing up all the ammos in a future #WildGunsWeek.

https://join.skype.com/jyZzL5nAZrwq

Offline Red Foxx

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2017, 11:33:23 pm »
Muse should try and join vet lobbies and newer players alike. I feel that most of them have lost their touch with the game right now. And they have to regain it. Be it through feedback or through playing themselves.
Ok, I'm fairly new to this game, but plan on investing at least 500+ hours into it, as it to me seems like one of those games to me. The kind that is horribly underrated, but with the little community it has, is very "tight knit," as I've heard. So far, I have no place on the forums as of the time posting this because of my little experience with the game. But this post reeks of truth. I would love seeing members of Muse joining novice games and giving some lucky few the ropes, straight from the mouths of the developers. If that'd happen to me, that would stick with me for months. Certainly, something like this would make someone want to stay a little longer than, like, three or four hours of getting stomped because they decided to say "hey, eff the tutorial! I got this! how hard can it be?"

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2017, 12:02:53 am »
There are dev games if you are interested. You get a free item if you win. However, dev games are pretty contrived, and I don't think that is exactly what you mean. I am sure you mean things like Teachers do, dropping a level 45 on a novice match and saying "Hey guys, I am here to show you how to win." I have had some interesting moments doing that, though not always good.

Little secret, though. Come closer....

Closer......... Devs are not very good at the game. shhhhhh. Don't tell them I said that.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2017, 03:52:15 am »
There are dev games if you are interested. You get a free item if you win. However, dev games are pretty contrived, and I don't think that is exactly what you mean.

Indeed not. Even in dev games, the devs generally stick on the same ship, all together. They should be spreading out and actually playing with their players. But it is nice to attend, complain to them, pretend they are listening, and then win a prize.

Honestly, I find it incredibly frustrating that the devs, during the dev game, value the stream more than the gameplay. Newsflash: nobody cares about the banter, and barely anybody watches the dev game stream. More people are playing than watching, yet Muse values the stream more than the gameplay and teamwork. Viewers (and players, for that matter) want to see how your game works and how you play it. But you don't give them that. This is the same problem with all of the "famous" YouTube streamers. The devs are guilty of the same behavior, in a way. And I've been bitching about it for ... ever, to no avail. And as the lobby said today...

Lemme zoom in for ya...

And I didn't even ask him to say that 8) Many of my prophecies have come true. Many more will. But how much time will be wasted in the interim? Will we survive?

Little secret, though. Come closer....

Closer......... Devs are not very good at the game. shhhhhh. Don't tell them I said that.

Fixed. Because that's what this thread is all about: Muse needs to get #InTheTrenches if they are ever going to allow this game to realize its potential and flourish. I kickstarted Alliance years ago, but I doubt Alliance will save this game.

To address Keyvias' question of what I would change tomorrow if I could... If I had to choose ONE THING... I would INSTANTANEOUSLY #AdaptTheMaps because it WOULD TAKE AN HOUR. I have been begging Muse weekly at least since May of 2016. There is literally NO REASON these maps are not in the game right now:

Fight over Firnfeld 4 vs. 4 Death Match
Northern Fjords 4 vs. 4 Death Match
Water Hazard 4 vs. 4 Death Match
Clash at Blackcliff 3 vs. 3 VIP
Labyrinth 3 vs. 3 King of the Hill
Battle for the Ball 3 vs. 3 Death Match ("Graveyard" as a possible name)
Battle for the Ball 4 vs. 4 Death Match ("Graveyard" as a possible name)

Why literally no reason not to include them? We already have variations of them in other game modes. Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you? Do, or do not. There is no try, Muse. And you choose to do not. I've also asked for these maps, but Muse could claim they aren't capable of handling 4 vs. 4:

Canyon Ambush 4 vs. 4 Death Match
Canyon Ambush 4 vs. 4 Death Match
Canyon Ambush 4 vs. 4 VIP
Clash at Blackcliff 4 vs. 4 Death Match
Clash at Blackcliff 4 vs. 4 VIP

But I wouldn't believe that claim. Canyon, for example, is a massive map with blocked off left/right edges, completely perfect for 4 vs. 4. It would be the god damn most amazing map in the game, beating Breach (which is universally loved, #YoureWelcome). The problem with decreased performance falls on the ships. The Spire and Galleon need optimized. When Chaos Skirmish does matches with 8 Galleons or 8 Spires, there is a noticeable drop in performance. We aren't doing anything to break the game, simply playing it.

Gah. I'm frustrated. Time to wrap this up. The long version of how I'd fix Skirmish and therefore grow the playerbase can be found here, but here's the short version:

#InTheTrenches (Muse, play your game, dammit)
#NerfGreased (Too common)
#NerfBurst (Too common)
#RestoreLoch (Too powerful in Gatling and nobody asked for this change)
#ChangeCharged (Because it's used in, like, three guns)
#HowAboutAHowitzer (Because we want the Old Heavy Flak AND the New Heavy Flak. Oh wait, Eric/Awkm explicitly said in the dev chat that this would never happen and couldn't give us a good reason beyond artwork, which we didn't care about)
#AdaptTheMaps (Send your email petition here!)
#SupersizeSpectate (Because why not, and so many have asked for it?)
#SkyballOverhaul (We're so close to having good Skyball...)
#AuditTheSpawns (I said I'd do all the work, and have been ignored)
#LuckOfTheSpawn (Because Crazy King is so broken)
#TankSpire (Maybe the numbers the community suggests will actually be used this time, instead of arbitrary changes with no explanation from a phantom menace)

Still waiting to hear from the art team about my suggestions for decal positioning. It was "forwarded" to the art team three weeks ago.

Remember that time I submitted a voice pack to the workshop and it took Muse over 11 months to tell Howard it existed, and then, after I begged him in the dev chat publicly, it was in the game within a week?

Remember that time I wrote a 5 chapter story about Andrakuz's novice piloting at the Chaos Skirmish and sent it to Muse? No response.

Remember that time I sent Muse a curated list of 66 community suggested tool tips? Only a handful were used. And we never see them because matchmaker is the only time you see them. Sad.

Remember that time I sent Muse 11k words of Star Wars themed Alliance feedback? Here's the response I got from Ayetach (to clarify: I am not singling Ayetach out at all. On the contrary, he's a great dude. I'm just pointing out that nobody higher up ever gave me a serious or in-depth response after all that work):

Jamison,

This is a truly massive feedback and its pretty impressive how much work and thought you put into this.

That said, as much as we appreciate your amazing dedication to the game its also wise to consider a few things when giving us your constructive feedback:

Bullet points on separate ideas or issues really help us organize your thoughts internally, the Star Wars theme is certainly entertaining but makes its hard for people like me and Matt to wade through to, in the most minimalistic terms, the important points of each feedback you make.

Additionally it helps us if the pictures you include are limited to mainly what is necessary to convey certain issues or suggestions like screenshots in the game.

It has been a treat reading your Star Wars themed feedback and hopefully these tips will prove to assist you in helping us with your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks so much again!

Seriously? That's it?

¡Viva la Revolución!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:14:39 am by Atruejedi »

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2017, 04:34:10 am »
Set the clock to start a little further back on muse not adapting the maps fast enough

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,6605

I should have really pushed for it back then

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2017, 04:46:18 am »
Set the clock to start a little further back on muse not adapting the maps fast enough

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,6605

I should have really pushed for it back then

Under the Gun (King of the Hill, 2v2 and maybe 3v3)
Using the 2v2 firnfeld map with the capture point under large gun in the center same as Anglean raiders point A.

:o :o :o I thought I was being original! :'(

I still want a KOTH on Dunes in which the Ribs are the hill...

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2017, 05:12:01 am »
:o :o :o I thought I was being original! :'(

It vindicates your approach with the emails, hashtag etc though, just suggesting (and emailing and getting back 'thats a good idea') didn't get anything to happen.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2017, 06:11:13 am »
Yupo. Currently we are talking about screwing up all the ammos in a future #WildGunsWeek.

https://join.skype.com/jyZzL5nAZrwq

Why? Aren't there more important things like fixing loch? Seems like this is part of the problem

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2017, 07:13:07 am »
You should have joined the skype. The #wildammoweek was all about shaking things up and getting rid of gatloch. Talk was concentrated around how to make Greased more close range, Charged and Heavy used more (without laser missiles), and Burst less OP. The conversation drifted around quite a bit, but the consensus was that loch must go (as it is).

A well received thought on Charged is to give it more velocity.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2017, 08:23:55 am »
I'm now in the Skype group. Those changes all sound welcome, but without including incendiary. Instead of describing with the words "wild" and "screwing up", it should be called what it is: balancing

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2017, 04:44:16 pm »
Tank spire changes are now in. Based on player feedback with no adjustments.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2017, 04:56:30 pm »
Yep can confirm changes are made in the dev app!  8)

Who's up for a testing session friday/this weekend?

Lets test the crap outta da tankspire and lend muse the collective tens-of-thousands of hours we got in this game!

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2017, 05:09:51 pm »
I will be testing it all week in Alliance (where it was quite weak) until we gather the troops.

Offline Shas'ui

• Salutes: 2
    • [◥H◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2017, 05:16:23 pm »
@Keyvias Have changes been made, or at least discussed, so that this does not happen again?
Or are we going to be right back here grousing next week?