Author Topic: Another Open Letter to Muse  (Read 7882 times)

Offline Sparkle Dust

• Salutes: 4
    • [TGGZ]
    • View Profile
Another Open Letter to Muse
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:25:15 pm »
So I did in fact receive a response to the letter I posted on here earlier this week, however I did not write it, so I will not post it. Since that was the third email I sent to Muse with no reply, and for reasons I explain in this email, I will be posting my response for the public again.  The suggestion that Muse reads and responds to all emails is totally false.  They have had months to show me examples of the "racism" I was banned for and refused.  It is disgraceful how my original thread was locked. If I wish to conduct this business in full view of the community you have no right to shut it down.  If Muse had nothing to hide they wouldn't seek to silence discussion on any matter.

The barring of language based on context renders any such rule prohibiting it moot. If a word (as you describe them) is profane and obscene then the situation that it is uses is nearly always irrelevant.  Prohibiting the context of it being directed at a person is arbitrary since you prohibit that activity regardless of the language used. In either case you have in no way cleared yourself of hypocrisy, and you can't possibly argue that what isn't OK for the players in informal situations is somehow acceptable when done by an actual representative of your company.  Likewise your subjective opinion as to whether something is harmful or not isn't a legitimate standard by which to judge behavior, I can hardly be expected to know what you consider harmful or not. One can hardly argue that saying "fuck" in a community relations event like a fireside chat is in anyway beneficial. 

I had absolutely nothing to do with the name "Sparkle Dust", I logged in one day to find my name changed to that.  Given the lengthy "discussion" I had with Grimmick  about the inherent flaws or your username guidelines immediately prior to logging out the day before it certainly isn't much of a stretch to figure out who did it.  I am incredulous that you are unaware of it, given that I reported him for it.  Even so when one of you does something in their official capacity, and receives no reprimand, you are all culpable. 

The shortsightedness of such an action is baffling.  Grimmick of course knows nothing about me, including sexual preference. Let's suppose for a second that I was actually gay, do you see how changing my name to Sparkle Dust might have had serious repercussions for your company's image?  It would be the equivalent of changing a black person's name to "water_melon_lover69".  Even with me being straight it reveals his bigotry, you can't possibly argue the intent was anything other than to embarrass me by being associated with something feminine.  So we can safely assume since Grimmick considers changing someone's name to "Sparkle Dust" is an insult he must consider feminine things to be inherently embarrassing. Perhaps rather than constantly telling me how intolerant and bigoted I am you should cut out some of the hatred that exists in your own back yard.

Speaking of your totally false claims of bigotry on my end, I was banned for 2 months for an act of racism that caused a lobby to reform. Despite the fact that I was the one who reported the asshole that was actually being racist!  Numerous time I have called out that kind of behavior in lobbies, and reported it, and my reward has been warnings and bans about how I'm a racist. Yet you expect me to believe there isn't anything sinister with your moderation? What a joke.  This is an obvious case of total bias on your end.  "Bigotry" is merely your catch all, you can always slap that on to any "disciplinary" action and call it legitimate.

I have in 2 cases sent emails asking for the chat log that demonstrated by "racism" and have gotten no response. I waited 2 days for a response to the email I posted on the forums, and short of calling out your misconduct in public I wouldn't have gotten a response to that (funny how your email was a response to my forum post and not the actual email).  As such this email will also be posted on the forum.  Considering the underhanded dealings I have had with your company it is in my own best interest for my exact words to be public, so as to not allow you to fabricate anything else.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Another Open Letter to Muse
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:15:11 pm »
words...

"water_melon_lover69"

more words...

I lol'd

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:45:52 pm »
TL;DR
Sparkle Dust believes the moderator Grimick changed his previous name to Sparkle Dust after a "lengthy 'discussion'", presumably to emasculate him. SD reported Grimick but Muse claimed they're unaware of the situation

SD got banned for two months over an act of racism in a lobby. He claims to be the one who reported the racism and asked Muse to provide chat logs showing it was him, receiving no response

Part of the locking post in SD's previous thread:

Quote from: AbbyTheRat (MOD)
Secondly, the reason I've locked this thread is that the Original post is talking about disciplinary action which is against the forum rules, any talks about disciplinary actions taken by muse should be sent to muse at abuse@musegames.com, the forums is no place for that. They read every email when they can, and if possible or needed will reply to them. They extremely rarely read the forums, if you're looking for any response from them, emails is always the best way.

Which forum rule disallows discussing disciplinary action?

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:08:28 pm »
The rules have not changed, and it have always been against the rules to publicly discuss actions taken by Muse. This is done for several reasons of which I will not repeat here.

All threads discussing any disciplinary actions will be locked, possibly deleted.

Part of the locking post in SD's previous thread:

Quote from: AbbyTheRat (MOD)
Secondly, the reason I've locked this thread is that the Original post is talking about disciplinary action which is against the forum rules, any talks about disciplinary actions taken by muse should be sent to muse at abuse@musegames.com, the forums is no place for that. They read every email when they can, and if possible or needed will reply to them. They extremely rarely read the forums, if you're looking for any response from them, emails is always the best way.

Which forum rule disallows discussing disciplinary action?

It was referred to in the same post you quoted:

Re: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,27.0.html -
6. Do not back-seat moderate.

If you see an objectionable post which you believe violates the Community Standards or the forum rules, please use the "Report to moderator" flag at the bottom of the post to flag it, and do not reply to or comment on it. Moderation matters such as flagging, thread closing, banning or other corrective measures should only be discussed via private message between the moderators and the parties involved, and are not open for public debate. Please bring any moderation concerns you may have to our attention at abuse@musegames.com or feedback@musegames.com.

Moderation matters and corrective measures both refer to Muse/Moderators taking actions in game as well as on the forum.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:14:13 pm by AbbyTheRat »

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 11:44:15 am »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to put in an official Muse response on why the thread was locked, moderation, and everything.
Also apologies on the delay on the response, I am currently at MAGFest  and writing on a phone before the booth opens. As a player pointed out over email to me, our silence looked damnimg though so I thought I'd try to explain the situation.

We do not discuss moderation situations publicly. Like we'll dis cuss rules or policies, but specific cases we don't do.

The reason for this is the moderation action, warning, suspension, or ban, is the punishment and if we posted publicly then mob rule and a public blackmark become part of the punishment.
So as an example, THIS IS NOT SPARKLE, this is just a random example.
If a player got a suspension for racial slurs, posted on the forum it was unfair, if we were to defend the suspension we would have to publicly show things he's already being punished for and hopefully will reintegrate into the community afterwards (which for many warnings and day bans is the case.)

We have to make this rule universal though because if we allow talking about some things and not others then us not a allowing some threads on specific mod cases open and others closed, it makes it obvious which are the worst and which are slight.

For the delay in emailing back, I do deeply apologize. I've been switching between holiday family time for new Years and MAGFest, I have officially spent more time in a hotel than I have in my home for 2017.
I was able to get a hold of Mikko over the past couple das and he has sent you an email, if you don't have it though let me know at keyvias@musegames.com and I'll find another way to get it your way.

Again, my apologies for any logic breaks or mispellings, I'm on my phone behind and booth trying to fill this out