Author Topic: A wild GOIO VN appears...  (Read 26924 times)

Offline Squizit

• Salutes: 2
    • [»»»»]
    • View Profile
Re: A wild GOIO VN appears...
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 10:28:13 pm »
This is going to make me want an open world (Star Citizen-like) version of GOIO isn't it...
I already accepted that it was never going to happen!

Looking forward to seeing it! :D

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 02:11:34 am »
This is going to make me want an open world (Star Citizen-like) version of GOIO isn't it...
I already accepted that it was never going to happen!

Looking forward to seeing it! :D

Actually Star Citizen has been one of the reasons why this project didn't die. Watching CR do what he does and tackle a mountain of a task...it makes me look at this project and all the work done and think ,"If CR can do that, Guns VN can be completed."

Besides that, just watching Star Citizen development has been very informational just because the development is as open as it is.

Yes I'm a backer and it's a little scary to think how much I've invested into that game over the years. Heh.

Ah well.

Anyways, if anyone has any burning questions to be answered about the GunsVN, please post them. I'll be compiling them for the Q&A and also for a Q&A on our website.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 01:07:53 pm »
I'm not that much knowledgable about goio lore, what factions have eastern-european flavour?

About questions, I know that those may bit a bit difficult to answer at the moment but I guess many people may be interested in:
-what time should average gameplay take? (beating the game)
-how many possible branches/endings the story may have?
-will there be references to real players, clans or goio developement itself perhaps? (it's 4 years of 'some' kind of history after all)
-will there be some soundtrack? (maybe you can go int cooperation with creators of original goio soundtrack and put some in the game?)
-will the story be rather grand (i.e. saving the world, obviously) or more small, personal?
-will player be alligned with faction (what factions are possible then?) or just a mercenary?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 02:42:33 am »
I'm not that much knowledgable about goio lore, what factions have eastern-european flavour?

About questions, I know that those may bit a bit difficult to answer at the moment but I guess many people may be interested in:
-what time should average gameplay take? (beating the game)
-how many possible branches/endings the story may have?
-will there be references to real players, clans or goio developement itself perhaps? (it's 4 years of 'some' kind of history after all)
-will there be some soundtrack? (maybe you can go int cooperation with creators of original goio soundtrack and put some in the game?)
-will the story be rather grand (i.e. saving the world, obviously) or more small, personal?
-will player be alligned with faction (what factions are possible then?) or just a mercenary?

Oh this is good stuff. Making notes!

Baronies and Anglea were originally sharing some eastern european flavors. Although that could have changed. Guild also one could argue as having them as they have Russian influences. But then the Guild is pretty much a mix of many cultures through their trade empire. The World forums probably have quite a few threads on this. Some of the information is speculation as Muse had only a skeleton world lore for awhile.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 08:29:45 pm »
And our site is now open for all: www.brokenhammergames.com

Our special new years video is here: https://youtu.be/T9zB9WHiroE

If I can get the initial post edited, thanks!

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 07:19:13 pm »
The promo humour didn't really speak to me, but it's nice to see some progress. I also figured that recording all the voice would be too much for your small studio. I'm glad I could help with a FAQ, read it all.

I'll keep my eye for this crowdfunging campaign.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 08:42:30 pm »
Yeah it might mean a little more once the NA is out. Hard to create something that will both be true to the characters and also set them up in kind of a 4th wall situation. Was a few scripts and the VAs tweaked some lines as well.

You might actually be seeing them in a future vid. We're kinda helping promote their own VA careers and originally the talking segment was going to be larger and with them in it. Just ran into a lot of scheduling issues due to the holidays. Which isn't surprising.

This was also originally going to be released for the actual crowd funding. Decided we wanted something to coincide with the site going live. Pulled it out early for that. It was going to be part of the site anyways so just thinking about that made us realize, why are we holding it back for later?

Big milestone as of last night, the final character models for the demo are now complete. Really are shooting to have that playable for the campaign so that's good news. Most of the BGs and all the Keys are done too. Just do still have a few big ones left and then the UI. Music has been coming along, in fact the music playing in parts of the last two vids, the non royalty free stuff, is from our main composer.

Did the royalty free stuff to save some time. Trying to use our talents and time wisely. Don't want to pull people off of a major thing to work on something that may only be used once.

Offline Ressorius

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 14
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 07:37:26 pm »
This is pretty neat. Really good job and I like the format and delivery.  I'm interested to hear what kind of music you put into future productions.  :)

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »
This is pretty neat. Really good job and I like the format and delivery.  I'm interested to hear what kind of music you put into future productions.  :)

I am too. With the original project, we had an entire theme and music made for one of the story arcs. Unfortunately it was mostly lost back then. Our audio guy had a HDD failure. Only managed to find one fragment. But he's been rebuilding and starting new character themes.

The artist you heard, Cody Thomas, is a newer one who joined on. He's kind of one of those guys who can just about play anything. Give him a general theme or example and he can develop something pretty quick. Great guy too, met him a few times as he's not that far away.

In other updates, a lot of new developments lately. The UI is pretty much done. I really hope to post some screenshots soon. Also the final models for the demo have been completed. Next internal build will be near ready to open to testing. We're also going to be working a little closer with the Tyrano devs as they've taken interest in helping us troubleshoot any issues. It's actually going to help them further advance the engine. I think we might be the biggest project done on it :D.

I know some are asking me personally about how soon the crowdfunding is going to start. We definitely are getting very close. Just want to get that demo further along, hopefully ready to launch alongside it.

Oh and thank you Mann for updating!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:40:07 pm by Squidslinger Gilder »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 02:47:09 am »
This just in, a wild Guns VN UI has been spotted. We are still trying to ascertain when it might reveal it's full glory, but we did manage to catch it on camera before it got away.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2017, 07:49:54 pm »
We are currently taking on a second wave of Closed Alpha Testers for our day 1 demo. This wave I'll be accepting interested parties from the GOIO community. This is for the Windows client only at this time. Mostly testing for bugs, grammar, or other issues that might crop up in a VN at an early stage. Serious testers only plz. Either message me or post here. You'll get an invite to our Discord where we'll get you access.

Offline Psi Crow

• Salutes: 6
    • [SMGS]
    • View Profile
    • germanspeaking GoI community on Steam
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 05:56:11 am »
Me! Me! Me! :D
are there any requirements? (like badass english skills)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 07:55:30 am »
I'd give it a try :)

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »
Me! Me! Me! :D
are there any requirements? (like badass english skills)

Nah. Actually getting a time frame for people who don't have badass english skills is good. Not everyone is a speed reader.